Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The OFFICIAL I know more then Joe Gibbs Thread (Merged)

ncSKIN

I love how there is always a scapegoat. This week everyone want to pin the loss on Rabach. It is painfully obvious over the last two seasons that Gibbs does not have a feel for calling a game in todays NFL.

We have repeatedly sat through games where we get a slight second half lead and basically try to run out the half. Sometimes it works (Chicago, Seattle, Phi) and other times it doesn't work out (last three weeks, numerous games last year). Either way, when you play not to lose, the best you can hope for is what we currently are 5-6.

it's the other way around!

dropping 3rd down passes, holding in fg territory, throwing balls away on 3rd down, 30 yard punts, isn't on the coaching

you are defending the coaches in this thread. robert royal had a horrible game and i wouldnt mind if we cut him but his last drop didnt end a drive we got a first down from jacobs after that drop. but the coaches doing the same pattern of run, run, pass and not at all being agressive is why we lost. being conservative in the 4th quarter three weeks in a row is why we wont go to the playoffs.

INT puts the O on the other team's 30 yard line with less a little over a minute remaining in the game. 1 and 10. A FG wins it.

Who loses in a situation like this?

Absolutely pathetic. Even with the Rabach penalty on first down- which puts us back at the 40 on second down - there's no excuse for not getting being able to get into FG range - another 12 -15 yards.

what is this consevative talk

He is rolling out

Brunell Mr. Average to start

Santana Moss , a good reciever but i am taller then him so is Joe

Jimmy Ferrris

and Taylor Jacobs

With overrated Clinton Portis runining how are we 5-6?

This has nothing to do with coaching. It is WHO is picking the players

How can you go agressive with this team?

You want Gibbs fired yet the two coaching staffs that were fired came in and beat us

I think Gibbs is a great coach who should not be picking the players.

he does not pick talented players , he picks players who he likes. Brunell is a guy he respects. That is the problem with GM/ coaches. It does not work

Gibbs coaching keeping us in games is great. Every week the other team has a better QB, oline , dline , and recievers then us.

The only strong department on this team is linebackers

Everyone here is sticking up for Gibbs. Looking to blame someone else. But wins and loses start with the head coach. Do you think that playing it so close to the vest every single week is the best way to coach football in today's NFL? Why put so much pressure on your players.

Gibbs even says stuff like "every game is gonna be close" .....why say that? He is WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY too conservative. And he needs to either change his ways or get the boot....or just retire and let someone else play coach.

Gibbs has always coached this way, and always will. A zebra doesn't change his stripes. What worked twenty years ago does not work today.

This team will go NO where with Gibbs as the coach. Either he change his whole personna and let someone take over the offense or this team will always lose. He may have been a hall of famer coach 20 years ago but he sucks in today's NFL. With the defense we had last year our record should had been similar to the bears or bucs last year. But we ended up being 6-9.

We started out 3-0 now we're 5-6. Now thats sad. Whats even more sadder is that all the drama the Viking went through this season, they now have a better record then the skins. Now thats SAD. Mike Tice has proved he is now a better coach then Gibbs. We lose to Oakland at home which is pitfull, just found out that the Dolphins blew Oakland out IN OAKLAND. Greg Williams and his defense try their best to help the offense but Gibbs and the offense doesnt try to help the defense. I wouldnt be suprise if Greg Williams leaves after this year. Gibbs is making his defense look bad by giving oponents oppurtunties to score on them and winning the game instead of taking it into his own hands and try to win.

I seen how some people was critizing Gregg Williams the last couple of weeks. But if it wasnt for him, We would be 1-10. The only game we really dominated with the offense was the 49er's game. Thats how bad Gibbs is right now. Does anyone know how many coaches call the offensive plays in the NFL? We have had 2 coaches back to back who wants to call the offensive plays and they both suck at it. Speaking........I just found out the Steve the coach from the lions was just fired. Maybe he can come and call the offense plays.

But the bottom line is this is just pitful. As I said before we would be 1-10 without Gregg but at the same time we could be 9-2 if Gibbs did his part. I know that some of the defensive guys are trying to whole their peace and not really say whats on their minds. I saw Springs look as to say WTF after the offense didnt capitalize on his int. Gibbs give it up. My 8 year old cousin call better plays on Madden.

There is a huge difference between having a reputation to lose and having the need to establish a reputation. In the case of coaching, or running a business, it is very easy to fall into the trap of conservative decision making in an attempt to elude mistakes and the consequential tarnishing of one's reputation. I believe it is easy for Joe to play it tight to the vest; heck it worked well the first time around and hey, Joe's not responsible for the defense's inability to stop the Charger's offense for the nth time, right? Well, that's the homer's interpretation. The objective fan realizes that Gibbs is responsible for winning. He makes (has not earned) as much money as any coach in NFL history, and at this point in his return has a poorer record as Redskins coach than two of his predecessors that summarily defeated him during the last two weeks. Yes, two weeks in succession, with everything on the line for the Redskins organization and the fans, Gibbs' offense failed to put the game away. Although Gibbs may not realize it, fault will ultimately rest with him regardless of the past. This is not NASCAR; there are no points for not winning; you can't blame the driver, the crew or the car. Please remove the restrictor plates from your play calling, realize your conservatism in today's NFL will render your past success a distant memory, and coach the team as if you had no reputation to lose and only one to gain. :2cents:

The score of the 4th quarter in our last three games.

We had 2 first downs in the 4th quarter against the Chargers. That drive ended when Boonell fumbled oob for -11yds.

We had 0(thats ZERO) first downs in the 4th qtr against the RAIDERS(THE RAIDERS).

Against TAMPA our only first downs came on a drive that started in the 3rd Quarter.

Against the Eagles we had 3 first downs on one drive that resulted in 0 points. Later in the quarter we went 3&out when we had the chance to run the clock out, but couldn't. Almost giving up that game.

Besides Tampa, our defense has been stout for 4 quarters.

Our Defense beat Philly

Our defense did PLENTY enough to beat the Raiders, held them to 16pts and scored a TD.

Our defense held San Diego to 17 points in regulation. if we can't beat San Diego when they score 17 points we shouldn't be even thinking playoffs we should be thinking 6-10 just like last year.

And Denver is :cheers:

How come we never had threads titled "we all know more than Ole Ball coach" ?

Gibbs has said himself the past buys him nothing:doh: I think he will get it together but, to say he doesn't deserve criticism is absurd:doh: If this was ANY other coach he would be eaten alive. The bad thing about Gibbs part 2 compared to Gibbs part 1 is there is a big difference in trying to make a name for yourself and trying to protect a name already made, hence playing not to lose:doh:

blablablablablablablablabla

So who would you hire as the head coach then?

Joe doesnt fumble

Joe doesnt drop passes

Joe doesnt get called for holding

And last but not least...

Joe doesnt give a fark what you think

Spurrier didn't fumble, drop passes, hold or give a fark what we think:doh: No coach in the NFL does any of these things so nobody deserves criticism:doh:

This team will go NO where with Gibbs as the coach. Either he change his whole personna and let someone take over the offense or this team will always lose. He may have been a hall of famer coach 20 years ago but he sucks in today's NFL. With the defense we had last year our record should had been similar to the bears or bucs last year. But we ended up being 6-9.

We started out 3-0 now we're 5-6. Now thats sad. Whats even more sadder is that all the drama the Viking went through this season, they now have a better record then the skins. Now thats SAD. Mike Tice has proved he is now a better coach then Gibbs. We lose to Oakland at home which is pitfull, just found out that the Dolphins blew Oakland out IN OAKLAND. Greg Williams and his defense try their best to help the offense but Gibbs and the offense doesnt try to help the defense. I wouldnt be suprise if Greg Williams leaves after this year. Gibbs is making his defense look bad by giving oponents oppurtunties to score on them and winning the game instead of taking it into his own hands and try to win.

I seen how some people was critizing Gregg Williams the last couple of weeks. But if it wasnt for him, We would be 1-10. The only game we really dominated with the offense was the 49er's game. Thats how bad Gibbs is right now. Does anyone know how many coaches call the offensive plays in the NFL? We have had 2 coaches back to back who wants to call the offensive plays and they both suck at it. Speaking........I just found out the Steve the coach from the lions was just fired. Maybe he can come and call the offense plays.

But the bottom line is this is just pitful. As I said before we would be 1-10 without Gregg but at the same time we could be 9-2 if Gibbs did his part. I know that some of the defensive guys are trying to whole their peace and not really say whats on their minds. I saw Springs look as to say WTF after the offense didnt capitalize on his int. Gibbs give it up. My 8 year old cousin call better plays on Madden.

This thread is shameful. Skins fans complain about getting no respect, no wonder. Football players used to play for their team, not for themselves. That's the problem, "me, me, me!" It migrated into fan mentality too. Everyone wants to scream about this coach or that player. Have you ever felt the heartbreak with the team we have? Do you think they want to hear your selfish diatribe? I hate these arm-chair QB/hate threads. I'm sick of it. Support our team, don't bash them.

And yes "I'M MAD AS #%@! AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

:sucks:

Archived