Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The OFFICIAL I know more then Joe Gibbs Thread (Merged)

ncSKIN

Congrats to GWilliams Defense, they looked the best they have all year in the turnover/pressure area. Holding SD to 17 points isnt easy, especially with the field position they got.

But of course GWilliams has let down his defense down in other games this season. This game it was Gibbs and the offensive staff again. Im well aware that 4 people get input on washingtons offensive playcalls, but Gibbs takes the ultimate blame. The first week it boggled the mind that he would not pass the ball on that last drive to get a first down against TB. After they ran through our defense like they did. After that game I officially said Gibbs hadnt figured it out, and wouldnt this season for sure. Then came oakland, and although I watch the game with high hopes and low expectations, I was surprised to see him make the EXACT same mistake again. How many times does it take to learn? Then came today... the third time.

How come when we get the lead, even in the first quarter we play the rest of the game not to loose it. We run, run, never pass on 1st, and just try and grind clock. Its one thing to try and grind clock with 4-5 minutes left. With a whole 4th quarter? Why cant we throw the ball down the field?

When you play not to loose, you loose. Its JUST that simple. Dont blame the players for the last 3 losses(Royal being in there is Gibbs fault), its all on the coaches. Will Gibbs get it by next season? Who knows.

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

We are not in the 1980's or early 90's, when you could sit on leads in the NFL.

In today's NFL, you must play and coach the entire game.

Coaching to try not to lose will not work. Seriously, you are coaching to not lose the game, instead of coaching to win the game. Stay aggressive and go for the throat....who cares if it looks like you are running up the score....run it up anyway. Give yourself and your team some breathing room.

Maybe you should take the 4th quarter off and let someone else make the decisions. You do a great job in quarters 1 thru 3. Leave the 4th to a more aggressive style of coach.

Also, please play Jason Campbell. Give him some experience. Don't get me wrong, Brunell was a great choice earlier, but we all know he is not the future of this organization. Besides, Mark is afraid to take a chance too. Get a young gun slinger in there. Play to win.

Send Robert Royal to the practice squad and have them work on his hands. He can't catch.

Also, please find a new punter. I am sure Frost is a nice fella, but he cannot punt very well and needs to find another job.

Play to win, please.

Thanks for listening.

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

We are not in the 1980's or early 90's, when you could sit on leads in the NFL.

In today's NFL, you must play and coach the entire game.

Coaching to try not to lose will not work. Seriously, you are coaching to not lose the game, instead of coaching to win the game. Stay aggressive and go for the throat....who cares if it looks like you are running up the score....run it up anyway. Give yourself and your team some breathing room.

Maybe you should take the 4th quarter off and let someone else make the decisions. You do a great job in quarters 1 thru 3. Leave the 4th to a more aggressive style of coach.

Also, please play Jason Campbell. Give him some experience. Don't get me wrong, Brunell was a great choice earlier, but we all know he is not the future of this organization. Besides, Mark is afraid to take a chance too. Get a young gun slinger in there. Play to win.

Send Robert Royal to the practice squad and have them work on his hands. He can't catch.

Also, please find a new punter. I am sure Frost is a nice fella, but he cannot punt very well and needs to find another job.

Play to win, please.

Thanks for listening.

get rid of the Jason Cambell part....everything else I concur 1000%

2 games out (if Gnats lose which they will) with 5 games to go and you still play each of the 2 teams who have the lead once, is still in it no matter how much some of the fans want to think.

No. Not Seriously. He needs to learn from his sad mistakes that only AN IDIOT plays the clock out with over 8 minutes. If he fails next year, then he should consider retiring, but as of right now to blame Gibbs solely is retarded, theres plenty of blame to go around.

try Rabach

Harris

Frost

Greg Williams

Offensive play calling

and then get back to Gibbs

Dude, you already started a thread about your disdain for Gibbs. There were already several before you posted it.

Conclusion: You should have posted in one of those threads, and if you really felt the need to get your opinion out there, you only needed to start one new thread dedicated to the topic.

Furthermore, you only have 2 posts, and therefore have no right to use the word "OFFICIAL" in your thread title. Leave that to the mods.

Firing Gibbs is not the answer.

Gibbs needs to teach this team to win close games. He needs to loosen up a bit in the playcalling in close games.

But we are better off right now than we were before he came back on board. We are VERY close to being an elite team. If he can find the right changes to make AND MAKE THEM, we will be good to go next year.

If this team continues to self-destruct next season, he may want to step aside.

Archived