Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designated "Season's Over!" Thread (MERGED x10)

Mackdaddydean

yeah well im not giving up... in fact i have tickets to two games coming up and i am pumped....and i think we will make a run here.... i dont know if it will be enough to get us in... but i think we go down swinging.... and beat some giant and boys a$$ on the way...

I think it would be great to beat some division foes and end the season playing well, but that's not acceptable anymore for me. You would think that after rooting for this team since I knew what football was, I would have experienced more than one playoff season and a season where the team won more than ten games.

clinton_dollar_182.gif This is why we are not in the race. A 50 million dollar back dressing like this instead of focusing on football. Go ask USC what a big time back is. Our bigtime back is a scrub

yeah that is the reason, I mean it's not the defense giving up big plays, or the line getting beat at times... not even Brunnel having a crappy day passing.... it was Portis dressing up as a joke on thursday that has caused all 5 of our losses.

You nailed it, why it is all clear now... a sense of humor = losses in the NFL :notworthy

you're a freaking genius, Snyder should hire you as the GM.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you know we enforce the rules here?

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "sh!t, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

I think it would be great to beat some division foes and end the season playing well, but that's not acceptable anymore for me. You would think that after rooting for this team since I knew what football was, I would have experienced more than one playoff season and a season where the team won more than ten games.

I'm with you there. I was 7 when they won the last Super Bowl, old enough to remember it but certainly not old enough to appreciate it.

One thing I've been thinking about is this: Redskin fans are the most loyal bunch I can think of. Despite only having one playoff season in the last 13, we have the largest stadium in the NFL, and it is packed to the brim week after week. The Redskins sell more merchandise than any other football team, and are, in most studies, the most valuable American sports franchise.

Despite having sucked for so long, it isn't affecting anyone in the wallet. I understand that Snyder is a fan and probably wants to win as much as anyone, but as we all know the most pressing motivation in capitalist America is money, and despite putting a losing product on the field year after year, Snyder is making a ton of money off of the Redskins.

I told myself after last year that I wouldn't buy any Redskins merchandise or go to any games until Snyder and the front office changed their ways. I hate their waste of draft picks year after year, and I hate the overspending on free agents, forcing us to cut quality players like Antonio Pierce.

I was beginning to change my tune based on the early wins this year, but I'm back to the same position now. I will not support what I believe to be bad policies. I know its a longshot, but maybe if Snyder felt a little pain in the wallet he would be a little more sensible??

I don't know. Part of me loves the fact that Redskin fans are so loyal, willing to spend their money to support their franchise regardless of wins and losses. But part of me feels like we are getting pushed around, and a poor product is being thrust out there because the owner knows that no matter what he does, he'll make money off of us.

I don't know what to do, but this is ridiculous. We are in league with the Bengals and Cardinals after this season in our futility. One playoff appearance in 13 years. Disgusting.

WallyVon. I must say that I think there is a lot of truth in your post. Despite this loss, plenty of Jersey's and other Redskins merchandise will be sold this week. 1 Playoff appearance out of 13 years is about as bad as you can get.

I believe that Coach Gibbs will get us back in the playoffs, but I'm so TIRED of waiting. :(

No matter what Im not going to stop being a fan, however I cant fully express my anger and disapointment with this team. We have shown we have a good offence and can score, but as soon as we get the lead everything and everyone goes conservative. Our defense is crap compared to last year, we let bad teams have huge running games and leave players wide open for huge pass gains.

I have no confidence in this team this year, and after watching this team the last 2 decades Im only expecting another let down next year to be realistic.

WallyVon. I must say that I think there is a lot of truth in your post. Despite this loss, plenty of Jersey's and other Redskins merchandise will be sold this week. 1 Playoff appearance out of 13 years is about as bad as you can get.

I believe that Coach Gibbs will get us back in the playoffs, but I'm so TIRED of waiting. :(

Most NFL teams go through down years financially when they lose. This is added incentive for ownership to build a winner.

Even the Yankees struggled financially in the late 80s and early 90s when they were losers year after year.

We've been losers for 13 years (except for 1999), and this is still the most profitable sports franchise in America. That is amazing.

I just want a winning team. I'll do anything I can to make that happen, including avoiding spending any money at all on tickets or merchandise until smart decisions start to be made.

we are 5-5 with 6 games left, and it happens. every team losses to a sucky team like the radiers. we just got ours today. The giants had theirs last week against the vikings. This team has to keep its head up. This season is far from over.

Let that go, we lost to four games this year that we should have won.

Denver

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

Oakland

You people are killing me. It is one thing to be optimistic, but you have to be realistic. We are not good enough to close games and put teams away.

So you guys think the season is over.....

Nothing is over until we decied it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor!!!!!

180px-Belushi_in_Animal_House.jpg

:soapbox:

Had to add a little humor to the board!

The Germans didn't bomb pearl harbor... it was the japanese.... how could you get that wrong?? stunning :doh:

I usually don't post like this, but after watching today and our stagnant offense, this is the end of the road for us. Sure we will probably pick up a few more wins, but all we will be playing for now is pride. From Brunell to the tackles, tight ends, fumbles, etc. We are still a ways away from being contenders, we have def. gone in a positive direction from the last couple of seasons, but we are still a work in progress. I can only hope we can draft some Dline help or pick up somebody in free agency. I hope Campbell is ready as well, I like Brunell, but has cost us just as many games if not more than he has won us. Next year will be better. I am not a fair weather fan, just trying to be a realistic one.

Hey, dude. The end of the road for us is week 17, same as everybody else. Tighten up, y'all.

Archived