Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designated "Season's Over!" Thread (MERGED x10)

Mackdaddydean

1)Playoff teams don't continually committ turnovers game after game...

2)playoff teams play to win the game,not play not to lose...

3)playoff teams make adjustments to whatever or whenever a problem presents itself,even if it means making changes in the lineup (offense or defense) in the GAME!!Not 2,3 or 8 weeks later...

4)Playoff teams find a way to win the Game,regardless of the circumstances...

5)Playoff teams don't yank their probowler off the field on a regular basis and every game on third down situatuations unless there is an excellent reason to do so,or to prevent further injury or whatever...

6)playoff teams don't committ stupid penalties that can hurt the team on the field for personal gain...

7)Playoff teams USE their challenges...Specially,when there are critical plays or situations that can possibly change the momentum of the game...

8)Playoff teams play consistent football!Not a good game here,bad game there,good game here and so on...

9)Playoff teams also take chances...sometimes a huge risk is required to have great reward...!(see reason #2)

10)Playoff teams actually win enough games to make the playoffs. Usually at least 9 wins,but sometimes requires 10 wins as well...!

I sure glad for Gibbs sake,these are not the 10 Commandments...He would be in trouble!

I am very angry and very disappointed in this team!!

Im sorry.... im a life long fan and ive always had the skins backs when our tactics have come into question.... im the one who always defends the team during adversity... but guys im sorry to say that what more is there to defend? the 2005 Washington Redskins are a bad team.... The Redskins break my heart every year... its like being in an abusive relationship... you just keep coming back....ugh

comments?

We aren't building for the future we doing everything we can do to stick with old guys that will bring us 8-8 seasons.

Its sad like you say, we might not make the playoffs until 2010.

We aren't building for the future we doing everything we can do to stick with old guys that will bring us 8-8 seasons.

Its sad like you say, we might not make the playoffs until 2010.

That may actually be true, Instead of developing a young Franchise QB, other teams in our divison and league will be doing. The Giants and Eagles do, and im sure the Cowboys will have one soon as well. We better pray that Campbell is that answer, cause your right e may not make it for a while.

-Grant

Bet the Kool Aid bucket is getting dry.

Come out on every who thinks there is still a chance.

This is not a good football team.

It is a team that lives on heroics making up for its mistakes.

If the mistakes were not made then there would not be the need for Heroics.

This is not a playoff team, hell this is not even a team that will win the division.

To all the pepole who really think all the fumbles, the throw aways's, the giving up of big plays is going to just disappear I say drink a little deeper in from the Kool Aid barrell.

I am firmaly rooted in reality, the Skins are just not a very good team.

Come to grips with that fact.

I'm sick of our coaches and players over-praising other teams, closing eyes during field goals and 4th downs, and and not going for it on 4th and inches. Its taking away my confidence, your confidence, their confidence, ... EVERYBODY'S CONFIDENCE. They don't believe in themselves.

This is today's Joe Gibbs football.

It is up to him to change the atmosphere and attitude of the team... I don't like hearing "We can beat anybody and anybody can beat us". I don't like seeing him kneeling over with his eyes closed, as if we can't make a big play. And I don't like punting it on 4th and inches. We would have converted on 4th down. If you don't believe we would have, then you are part of the problem of the new Joe Gibbs football. NO CONFIDENCE. I believe in Gibbs and I think he can turn it around. But it all starts with him opening his eyes during field goals, expecting to win and not hoping for breaks, and getting "crazy" when it comes to play-calling every once in a while. Just another lesson for Joe in his return. He knows how to win and he will be the guy to get it done. He will get back to Old Joe Gibbs football, and when he does, we will start winning by 14+ points to teams that are awful such as Oakland and Tampa Bay.

This team is what Joe Gibbs has said each week. They are not that good or that bad. Granted today leaned towards the bad. I tend to be in the middle here. Those of you who claim that we are a playoff bound team need to pump the brakes. Playoff teams dont come out and fall apart as we didi today on BOTH sides of the line. (I mean really im gonna send a resume over to Redskins park. I can not block the defenders with the best of them.) But those of you who keep saying that we totally suck are wrong. We are much better this year, injuires have really slowed us down though.

I'm sick of our coaches and players over-praising other teams, closing eyes during field goals and 4th downs, and and not going for it on 4th and inches. Its taking away my confidence, your confidence, their confidence, ... EVERYBODY'S CONFIDENCE. They don't believe in themselves.

It is up to him to change the atmosphere and attitude of the team... I don't like hearing "We can beat anybody and anybody can beat us". I don't like seeing him kneeling over with his eyes closed, as if we can't make a big play. And I don't like punting it on 4th and inches. We would have converted on 4th down. If you don't believe we would have, then you are part of the problem of the new Joe Gibbs football. NO CONFIDENCE. I believe in Gibbs and I think he can turn it around. But it all starts with him opening his eyes during field goals, expecting to win and not hoping for breaks, and getting "crazy" when it comes to play-calling every once in a while. Just another lesson for Joe in his return. He knows how to win and he will be the guy to get it done. He will get back to Old Joe Gibbs football, and when he does, we will start winning by 14+ points to teams that are awful such as Oakland and Tampa Bay.

I too am disgusted when he dosen't even have the stomache to watch a play, what is with closing your eyes?? My god act like you are better than someone and you expect to win, this down on your knees with your eyes closed stuff is getting old.

Anybody else notice that our offense is alot better when we are behind? Gibbs gets a 7 point lead and starts playing ball control in the damn 2nd quarter. If its tied or were down by a score or 2 we open it up and move the ball, like against Tampa Bay last week. We get up 13-3 on Oakland and we basically wait around for them to come back on us. Go for the throat you chicken ***t, you know like what you should have done on 3rd down and 2 last week vs Tampa Bay.

Gibbs has no killer instinct and its evident is his play calling and his girlish actions on the side lines with the eye closing .

we are 5-5 with 6 games left, and it happens. every team losses to a sucky team like the radiers. we just got ours today. The giants had theirs last week against the vikings. This team has to keep its head up. This season is far from over.

I beleive we can still salvage the season, but we better start protecting whoever is QB, and our corners have to cover closer than 8 yards off. They also need to get back to tackling, not just hitting, and expecting the opposing player to Fumble or go down....

I have no problem with prayer. I think you may be right that Coach Gibbs needs to do someting to shake things up, though.

I have no problem with prayer. I think you may be right that Coach Gibbs needs to do someting to shake things up, though.

Oh yeah, I don't either. But in this case he should either pray quick with his eyes closed, or pray with his eyes open. It affects the way I feel and the players feel when you close your eyes and bend over all the time.

Ok, let's not go to far here. There is nothing wrong with Prayer, the kneeling. My problem is with the play calling, and the lack of a "kick em while there down." attitude.

Is it so wrong to want to put the game out of reach? Run up the score, and then play conservative. There is NO killer instinct on this team from top to bottom.

How about we leave the prayer for church and play football. All this eye closing asking god for help is ridiculous.

I don't remember Gibbs being this much of a girl his first go around.

God dosen't care who wins the game so quit talking to him during it.

If you wanna pray do it before and after the game.

Archived