Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designated "Season's Over!" Thread (MERGED x10)

Mackdaddydean

The rest of our game are winnable against the chargers dallas and giants at home are winnable.On the road we have the rams and cardinals which are both bad teams,and the eagles we can win on the road.We can go 6-0 or 5-1 over the rest of the season and still win the division or get a wildcard.

Winnable like the Tampa and Oakland games?

:2cents: The season is not over yet. I still think that we can win our division and make the playoffs. Todays game was just a bad day for us for some reason. I do think that we should start calling audibles. No need to max protect if they are only rushing 4. Something that coach needs to think about. We need to go on a little win streak. Since we have lost 5 of the last 7 maybe we can win 5 of the last 6.:helmet:

Didn't want to say it last week because of the way we fought on the road in a tough environment, even though I felt sick to my stomach to see Chris Simms statline, but it must be said....we're done. Even if we had beaten the Raiders today we still would have had a tough road to travel, now that we are losing at home to sorry no account teams that all but hand the game to us what else is there left to hope for this year? The way the playoffs are set up you can't lose games like this at home. 5-5 two games out of second in our division, its over, there is no other way to look at it. Next week, if the Chargers are half as good as everyone says they are we are going to have a Meadowlands flashback. 5-6. That is why we absolutely had to have this game not necessarily because we drop to 5-5 but because we can potentially drop two in a row. Then we have to win two games back to back on the road just to get over .500. before we face the rest of the East and we'll be lucky if we go 1-2 in the final three. Last week was the difference between 10-6 and 9-7, today was the diff. bw 9-7 and 8-8, next week it'll be the diff. bw 8-8 and 7-9, etc., etc., I agree with the original post 7-9. out of the playoffs again having to wait til the draft in April.

I posted a comment earlier, but for some reason I can no longer find it.

Basically, what I posted was that no matter what, I would never give up on the Skins, but, I no longer intend on waking up at 4.30am on a Monday morning and sit through any more repeats of the last two games. I'll just log in to ES, or nfl.com, and find out the score of each game, when I wake up later in the morning.

In fact, I'm heading interstate on Wednesday, and in my luggage will be my white #11 Rypien jersey (as my burgundy #11 will be in the washing basket).

I posted a comment earlier, but for some reason I can no longer find it.

Basically, what I posted was that no matter what, I would never give up on the Skins, but, I no longer intend on waking up at 4.30am on a Monday morning and sit through any more repeats of the last two games. I'll just log in to ES, or nfl.com, and find out the score of each game, when I wake up later in the morning.

In fact, I'm heading interstate on Wednesday, and in my luggage will be my white #11 Rypien jersey (as my burgundy #11 will be in the washing basket).

wow...you would wake up at 4:30 to watch?? that's dedication :applause: :cheers:

i stayed up late watching the 2002 world cup, but i was working nights so it was easy

we are 5-5 with 6 games left, and it happens. every team losses to a sucky team like the radiers. we just got ours today. The giants had theirs last week against the vikings. This team has to keep its head up. This season is far from over.

Now HERE is a homer. Somebody who wants to believe that a ZEBRA will suddenly change its stripes and become a pea****.

I got to tell ya friend, this season is OVA. No pass rush, no coverage skills, a poor offensive game plan every week which includes throwing 3 yard passes to the fastest man in the NFL, and a team that would best be described as the "Washington Fumblers."

I was hoping for a bit more from this team this year, but the team is as its record indicates.....mediocre. The offense continues to commit turnovers week after week, and their production is inconsistant at best, while the defense continues to melt down late in games when it's most important to make a stand. With Dallas and NY running away with the division, it's time to pull out that ol' tried and true cleche'......there's always next year! This season is over for the Skins.

:ciao: See ya. Since you think the season is over, why don't you join the Cowboys or Giants bandwagon? I am sure they need some more people. I am sick of all these negative threads. "The season is over....", "Trade Portis...he sucks!!!." Things are looking better then last year. I have great hope for this team. I am sticking with them. I have been with them since 79 and will be with until I am laid in the ground. Have faith people!

"See ya. Since you think the season is over, why don't you join the Cowboys or Giants bandwagon? I am sure they need some more people. I am sick of all these negative threads. "The season is over....", "Trade Portis...he sucks!!!." Things are looking better then last year. I have great hope for this team. I am sticking with them. I have been with them since 79 and will be with until I am laid in the ground. Have faith people!"

what's that Polllyanna? no one is abandonning the Skins. there is the small matter, of course, of standards and expectations. your's are apparently set quite low.

I wint say that the season is over, but we are in big trouble. We basically have to win out, or go 5-1 in these last six games. With no WR's except Moss, we have to come up with more ways to score. Any fan that can't see that we are in trouble is sniffing glue.

:ciao: See ya. Since you think the season is over, why don't you join the Cowboys or Giants bandwagon? I am sure they need some more people. I am sick of all these negative threads. "The season is over....", "Trade Portis...he sucks!!!." Things are looking better then last year. I have great hope for this team. I am sticking with them. I have been with them since 79 and will be with until I am laid in the ground. Have faith people!

Funny that a 26 year old was with the team since 79, when that was probably the year he was born. Man, you dont remember watching a single game in 79!

Why is it that invariably if someone expresses their opinion that the season is over, someone else will respond with "Fine, go be a ____ fan." What does that have to do with anything? How on earth could any bandwagon fans still be left with this team after the losing run we have suffered through?

People are just expressing their cumulative frustration over an insurmountable losing culture that has developed here the past few years. If they weren't true Redskins fans, why would they waste time coming here to vent?

I find it hard to blame anyone for being bitter at this stage. It's extremely difficult to care about something so much, yet be powerless to to prevent the ongoing downward spiral. How can that NOT be frustrating?

I'll tell you what, next week against the chargers is our playoff game. If we loose this game then we are done. Being 5-6 in a tough division like this spells desaster. So now this is no time, especially for the team, to stop talking about January. Please just concentrate on the games from week to week!!

im a die hard skins fan, but we are maybe a few plays from being 2-8 or 3-7. Has this team actually improved? Can Jason Campbell help us? Honestly, if we did not play the bears the first week, they would beat us right now? As for the cowboys game, 2 lucky plays helped, but a major penalty on the boys on 3rd down helped us out. The seahawks game was suppose to be a loss after the pick by brunell. I know the skins play their hearts out in KC and denver but turnovers kill. the 49ers win is the only win this team deserve. We played a philly team without TO. What can this team do? Try to use zone blocking. I have no clue what this team will be in a few years.

Archived