Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aka the penis flytrap

MissU28

I'm reading the November issue of Jane magazine right now and I came upon this little news snippet:

Rapex, a new anti-rape female condom that will go into production in South Africa next year, is essentially a tube that's inserted like a tampon and is filled with tiny teeth that clamp down on a man's penis. Now, this may sound like the ultimate feminist revenge for women who are sick of feeling like moving targets in a region where rape and AIDS are rampant. But South African women's groups are calling it "medieval," and say it could lead to retaliation and further violence if the attacker is particularly strong or a woman is gang-raped (which is fairly common there). On the other hand, Sonette Ehlers, the 57-year old former medical technician who invented Rapex, says the attacker will be in so much pain that the woman will have time to escape. And because Rapex can be removed from a penis only by surgery, it will be easier for doctors and police to help identify perpetrators.

wow.

Wow, that sounds painful! Well, its a good thing to stop rapists but my concern is women using this to simply 'get back' at men, if you know what I mean.

hahahaha....an ex could call up wanting a booty call...but maybe back in the day he did me soooooo wrong.... "sure, baby, come on over...let's do this"

lol......yesssss I can just picture it now

Wow, that sounds painful! Well, its a good thing to stop rapists but my concern is women using this to simply 'get back' at men, if you know what I mean.

I was thinking the same exact thing....

Although, rapists should get that and more, I could see some women abusing that device to men that let's say cheated on them or something.

I have friends in Capetown,South Africa they have filled me in on this one. The stats they rambled off to me (there in the social work field) are staggering if you think about it happening in this country. They say that on any given weekend there are 50 murders and up to 500 rapes in region around Capetown. They say that the reason that this "device" was invented was because of the rampant spread of the AIDS virus. The number of Rapes has increased in recent years because (and get this) Witch Doctors have told everyone that in order to get rid of AIDS you must have sex with a virgin. Sure you say "That makes sense" the other major problem is a virgin in South Africa is ussually under the age of 12 and these girls are being raped regullarly and are contrating AIDS. Infant rape is a major problem at this point.

Check out some SA news a www.iafrica.com its a real eye opener...

• 1 year later...

Archived