Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like we're getting to them boys :) -- ES article to come in local paper.

Art

That was as ugly a thread as I've seen on any 'fanboy' site. Apparently our most die-hard smack-talkers have got nothing some of those in the field of professional journalism. :)

I applaud Art and Blade for their efforts, and though I have no particular love for Nunyo Demasio, I don't know that I agree with Andyman going over there and picking a fight through us. It makes us look like exactly what they were claiming: an arm of the Redskin PR machine being manipulated to attack members of the media. While I know we're smart enough to dislike Nunyo's work without being told to do so, noone on that site will believe it now, and smear pieces like McKennas will continue to pop up. I guess it's nice to get the press but I'd rather get it for the right reasons.

But ... wow. There are some truly ugly people on that board. I was embarrased for more than a few of them.

Dude what board are you talking about.

Just read it and its fascinating, the intersection of old and new media. Little to no formal argument to be found in defense of their man Nunyo, and just overwhelming arrogance in general about their role. Its natural to be sensitive over your bailiwick, or what you perceive it to be, but this read as more of a fundamental misunderstanding. As if objectivity was never expected or implied, and that the groundling fanboys were just being hostile to a fine man and counterpart. Intruding on that chick's "cloud". Rubbish.

For a profession that ought to be perfectly equipped to defend themselves in that scenario, they certainly didn't.

Just read it and its fascinating, the intersection of old and new media. Little to no formal argument to be found in defense of their man Nunyo, and just overwhelming arrogance in general about their role. Its natural to be sensitive over your bailiwick, or what you perceive it to be, but this read as more of a fundamental misunderstanding. As if objectivity was never expected or implied, and that the groundling fanboys were just being hostile to a fine man and counterpart. Intruding on that chick's "cloud". Rubbish.

For a profession that ought to be perfectly equipped to defend themselves in that scenario, they certainly didn't.

It certainly was an embarrassing thread for the working media. If I had more time and less respect for the moderator there, I'd still be there forcing them to face reality :).

And assuming that the attitude of the members of that Board, and/or their reasoning skills, is indicative of the old media as a whole--then it's both frightening and telling as to why they are continually losing their audience. These are the people that are intepreting and reporting the news to the vast majority of the world. That's a scary thought. I grant that we are all human, and that which we put forth in the arena of the internet is far different than that who we personify in our professions, but a divergence of that magnitude is tough to stomach.

March on, ES and your ilk. March on.

... and how, exactly, did you stumble upon that? :D

I did a google search for Nunyo and sack. Read the discription, Henry, and think about DeMasio......brilliant! ;)

Panty-minimalists love our casual thong that covers sweet spots without covering your assets – putting an end to panty-lines. This under-goodie is “outta sight” in low-rise pants. Toss these message panties onstage at your favorite rock star or share a surprise message with someone special ... later.

:laugh:

Wow. I just read all twenty pages of that...err....discussion. What an angry, self-loathing group of individuals they are. Most surprising is the absolute disdain that they have for the fans that they reportedly serve. They work in the toy department of life and appear to think that they are in charge of protecting the planet from all that is evil. Art & Blade should be congratulated for keeping their end of the dialog civil. Too bad that the so-called professional journalists couldn't.

I don't care if you all make 1 million dollars EACH, for this website to me is worth much more than that.

These media hoods cannot stand:

Dan Snyder.

The Redskins.

Redskin fans.

And that they are losing subscriptions so fast through internet media outlets like ES, especially ones as powerful as ES.

I thank you for your tireless efforts on this website, for allowing us to share in up-to-date, accurate information on the Skins plus revel in our fandom together. I believe this site, now linked under the franchise, strengthens our team and gives power to it like no other idea Dan Snyder ever had. It is nice to be appreciated and recognized as die-hard fans, and to be included as a part of the team. It is special, and no anti-Redskin-anti-Snyder 'so-called journalist' scum can take it away from us. They can just sit in their stinky bitterness in their old paper-covered desks and be envious like a fifth grader who lost his girlfriend to another boy.

HAIL SKINS AND EXTREMESKINS.COM!! :logo: :helmet: :point2sky

Wow. I just read all twenty pages of that...err....discussion. What an angry, self-loathing group of individuals they are. Most surprising is the absolute disdain that they have for the fans that they reportedly serve. They work in the toy department of life and appear to think that they are in charge of protecting the planet from all that is evil. Art & Blade should be congratulated for keeping their end of the dialog civil. Too bad that the so-called professional journalists couldn't.

Pretty revealing isn't it?

Truth is, most of the real media guys have been nothing but nice and cordial. The bitterness and pure scorn and ill-will displayed there by a few petty individuals is pretty shocking. And it might shed some light on who the 'good guys' are here, and who are the ones actually bringing down the level of intelligent discussion and discourse.

I think I discovered the secret to our success reading that thread.

We're smarter than they are.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/10/17/DI2005101700911.html

I caught this question in today's Post chat w/Leonard Shapiro. Looks like one of the members of sj got in a shot:

Washington, D.C.: What's the pressbox like at FedEx Field? I heard the team started letting in a lot of chumps.

Len Shapiro:

The press box is fine, though it is located in the end zone. When the stadium was first built, we were in the middle of the field, but Snyder took the space back to build his own luxury box and several more. Honest to goodness, I believe in the next 20 years, reporters will watch games in the stadium basement on big screen TVs, the better for more teams to maximize profits.

Shapiro also took a shot at Snyder:

Clifton, Va.: How much longer will Redskins fans have to suffer through with Snyder as owner? He only cares about maximizing his return on his investment not winning which is what he told me at a chairty function we both attended. Publicly he will saying winning is important but that isn't the case.

Len Shapiro:

If Snyder told you that, I'd love to listen to the tape of that conversation. I do believe he cares greatly about winning AND maximizing his profit. You can't fault his spending habits except to say he's spent his money in many of the wrong places (Deion, Spurrier and many more). I suspect Dan will be owner for life, so get used to it. By the way, I tried to set up an interview with him this week and was told by his PR man Snyder doesn't do interviews during the season. Amazing.

I hope some of you realize that the city paper is a joke, and not many in the DC actually read it :D unless of course they are looking for a good concert or bar. I highly doubt people there care about the sports part. Now if are you talking about the WP or the Wt that is a different story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/10/17/DI2005101700911.html

Shapiro also took a shot at Snyder:

Clifton, Va.: How much longer will Redskins fans have to suffer through with Snyder as owner? He only cares about maximizing his return on his investment not winning which is what he told me at a chairty function we both attended. Publicly he will saying winning is important but that isn't the case.

Len Shapiro:

If Snyder told you that, I'd love to listen to the tape of that conversation. I do believe he cares greatly about winning AND maximizing his profit. You can't fault his spending habits except to say he's spent his money in many of the wrong places (Deion, Spurrier and many more). I suspect Dan will be owner for life, so get used to it. By the way, I tried to set up an interview with him this week and was told by his PR man Snyder doesn't do interviews during the season. Amazing.

The way I have heard Dan talk about how much of a die-hard Skins fan he has been since he was a child, there is no way that is true. People just like to think that all people with tons of money are over-eager greedy b*stards.

Man......was that enlightening!

I knew the national media were self absorbed, hypocritical idiots for the most part.....and I suspected the sports media was heading in the same direction.

What hypocrites! And how incredibly rude. While Art, Andyman and Blade kept trying to focus on the "error issue", they never stooped to the childish level of all those great "professional journalists" who regularly threw insults their way, not to mention the insults tossed at Danny and our Redskins. Rather than address the facts, they focused on making belittling comments and name calling.

I was also fascinated how they look down their noses at all of us die hard fans by referring to us as "fanboys". They seem to think we are all a bunch of brain dead inebriated dummys whose only real source of factual information is the inaccurate drivel they write.

Art, Andyman and Blade......your responses and writing were far more professional than those who claimed themselves to be "professional journalists." :applause:

Wow.......what an eye opener those 13 pages of threads were. I never realized how inferior I am to professional journalists........NOT!!!

I just finished reading the thread on that board. I realized something..I am so naive.

I knew that the media was slanted but I never could imagine how big their "holier than thou" attitude was.

To them, I'm just some mindless slug who cannot process any information on my own unless they first spoon-feed it to me. :rolleyes:

Just how in the hell have I made it these past 35 years here on Earth?? :whoknows:

That's Philly for you, a bunch of back stabbers. They're just suffering from

a clasic case of Lombardi trophy envy :laugh:

Archived