Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game comments: Washington at Denver

Art

All, this thread is a handy place for you to direct your immediate thoughts after the game is over. Obviously many of us will have new posts with various takes after the game. This thread is a place for people to comment as well, and may be linked directly from Redskins.com for new visitors to discuss the game as well. You are not being held to only posting here after the game, but, please feel free to post your thoughts here as lots of people will see it :).

Art.

We lost. So did Philadelphia. I think if we can hang against Denver that well in their stadium, we will go into KC and win. We fought hard and got screwed on more than a few calls. The 2PC was a heart breaker but as George S. Patton once said: "I dont measure success by how high a man climbs, it's how high he bounces when he hits the bottom" Our season didnt hinge on this game but it hinges on how we rebound from this in KC. I am optomistic. Good game to the Broncos even though I feel robbed.

Plus, as I said the Eagles got crushed...arent we still in 1st due to our division record?

It's painful to watch a team this bad in the redzone. This game was ours to lose and man did we do a good job of it. Mark still looked good, Portis played well, but it's either the play calling or the execution that was missing. Painful game but not one I'm depressed about. Sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot, this game happens, at least we showed some heart and toughness despite our faults.

Also I suspected the defense took a step back last week, this week strengthens my suspicion. The front four and the starting line backers do not look as good as last year. The CB are hurt as well and our lack of depth at the position is really haunting us. If we don't get healthy in a hurry next week, at the chief facing two super backs, could be ugly.

The lack of pressure we get on the QB is amazing. It's a credit to the defensive backs on this team that we aren't getting destroyed by the passing game.

I think if I'm a Denver fan, I'm worried about my defense. Our supposed weak offense not only run on the Broncs D but we passed all over it too. For all the Denver trolls that proclaimed their D as dominant, it sure didn't look like it.

As for my Skins, we need to clean up our play. Penalties hamstrung us something awful today, costing us 7 points(though the call was highly questionable,as was the safety).

The defense still needs to generate some kind of pressure from the front four.

We should have gained some respect today,though I doubt we get it. :2cents:

I tell you what I give my team a big **** YEA! today.

in spite of the adversity..... they fought to the end.

not all games will have the "nuances" of officiating that this one has.

We will win most of these kinds of games.

I don't know about anyone else but I would be pissed off and make the rest of the league pay for it!!11111

Denver had two big runs and... well, pretty much nothing else. We looked like the better team, that's for sure. Once the points start coming with the yards, look out.

Gibbs has done a great job -- this team is getting better by the week and has a great attitude. And Mark Brunell is unbelievably the key to our season. Who would have thought?

MY THOUGHTS AFTER THIS GAME

--i would rather have lost by 11 then have that thrilling almost comeback win just to come up short.

--I must admit I have been eating crow for weeks now about Brunell, but he still should of ran that 2 point in.

--The chiefs better hope they score 21 in the first quarter cause we are coming hard next week!!

-- Give Chris Cooley more money! That SOB is amazing!

I'm upset we lost, I always am...

But we played well I think, but still no sacks...where are the sacks??

Offense we looked good I though, the weather played a factor against our run, which still looked good. I don't understand 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 3 passes instead of letting Portis toughing out the 2 or 3 yards.

I'm a LaVar fan, but Holman played..well. I didn't think he played excellent, but he had a couple tackles today. I STILL want to see LaVar, though. Maybe he could've impacted the two big runs.

Injuries suck, I hate them, kills our team. I like Novak, but I WANT HALL BACK!

Wish they were back at home so I could be at FedEX!

The refs were way too involved in this game for both teams. That tuck rule call was really bad it stole two points from us. But we had too many penalties and gave up those two big runs. I will play like a financial analyst and blame the runs on the bad weather. I like the way the team fights to the end. In the future we need to cut down on penalties. We also need to finish drives and turn some of the yardage into points.

447 yards of offense!!!! Ok, we may not be scoring tons of points but its coming together. Sooner or later that stat will translate into a lot of points on the board. I like Brunnell too. He's consistent, smart with the football, and can lead a team back into the game. I know if Ramsey was leading a comeback, i'd be biting half my nails off hoping he doesn't throw a pick.

I'm not too down on this, because it was one game, and it was hard fought.

The refs sucked most of the game. Bad calls (and non-calls) on both sides of the ball.

The tuck rule is the worst rule ever. A fumble is a fumble. Period.

Our special teams failed us twice. None of it was the kicker's fault.

Funny, people use as an argument against Ramsey that great numbers don't mean anything if you don't get it into the endzone. Well, that's what we seem to have right now. Hmmm....

What happens to Patton in games? They try to get him the ball early, but late in the game, he just disappears.

Jimoh made a nice play defending against that deep ball.

We have a long way to go.

Jason

It would be easy to focus just on what didn't happen, or the bad calls, but that wouldn't be fair to our team who fought hard in the rain in a tough stadium. As usuall we controlled the clock, got into the red zone enough times, and the defence kept us in the game again. Portis had a good game,

as well as Moss, and Brunell. There wasn't just one thing that keep us from winning. But we let them win. The Broncos have nothing to brag about.

I'm proud of the team for not giving up, and keep it close till the end.

It doesn't get more exciting than that. HAIL

:applause:

just had to come in and say that even though 4-0 would taste sweet, this was a very hard-played game and I am not dissapointed at all.. oddly I was expecting to feel really bad if we went 3-1, but that was a hell of a game and this team showed massive heart and played it to the bone. they went into oen of the toughest places in the league, in the crappiest weather conditions, and managed to put the fear of God into the other team in their own house and dragged it to the wire

stupid mistakes and reffing aside, this was a great game to watch and the Skins deserve all the credit in the world for their effort

it was a heartbreaker, that's for sure, there is a lot to be happy about, and I'm an optimist. I've already heard us getting respect even though it goes in the L column. Statiscally, we dominated, except for the one that counts, but I'm not big on stats, I'm big on outcomes. I'm proud of our boys, very. Our defense gave up some big plays, but down the stretch, they were suffocating. Our O gained many a yard, and we can hold our heads high. Hails Skins!!

Archived