Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game comments: Washington at Denver

Art

Bronco Beerslug wrote:

Good Game Skins! Your D is stout!!! We didn't do much at all except Tatum bustin loose a couple times. It went pretty much the way I figured it would (score wise). Poorly officiated game to say the least!

Good luck the rest of the year!

Thanks, man. Everyone knew you all are tough, but I hope now the world knows the Redskins will never quit and are tough as well, offensively now as well as defensively. Good luck to you all the rest of the year. :logo:

Warrick Holdman was the best Linebacker on the field.

I would say that it was Holdman's best game of the season, he did make 4 tackles (one of which the ball carrier tripped on him as he was being blocked). He also however gave up a touchdown run and several critical first downs were made by running at him. I saw several linebackers on the field that I thought played better than him.

Good Game Skins! Your D is stout!!! We didn't do much at all except Tatum bustin loose a couple times. It went pretty much the way I figured it would (score wise). Poorly officiated game to say the least!

Good luck the rest of the year!

That shows class, thanks. Hopefully we'll meet again down the road, and I'd love it we played the same way next time, just slightly different score...

Warrick Holdman was the best Linebacker on the field.

Your kidding right? He bit so hard on Jake Plummer's play fakes it was ridiculous. The best linebacker on the field didn't even play today. 0 sacks 0 turnovers. Not going to win in this league if that is the case.

Hey guys, you don't know as much about the rules as you think you do.

This is an incomplete pass. It's certainly not a fumble after you put two hands on it. This does not lead to a safety.

bs0683cl.jpg

This is a legal block. There's no way that's a block in the back. This does not call back a 55 yard TD run.

bs0700qh.jpg

Nick Novak kicks the ball way too low. The same thing happened last week and it was a factor in that blocked kick as well. There is no way Novak gets off blame free in this game.

Our boys showed a lot of heart coming back today. In recent years, this team would have thrown in the towel.

The refs were just horrible today. I was hoping that ref would have gotten some sense knocked into him after that shot he took.

It was troubling to see our D getting just run over in the first half. And once again, still no forced turnovers. The coaching staff has to find a way to get LaVar in there in some capacity.

Santana Moss is the truth.

Let's hope the offense plays with confidence next week. Let's take it to KC!!!

I think if I'm a Denver fan, I'm worried about my defense. Our supposed weak offense not only run on the Broncs D but we passed all over it too. For all the Denver trolls that proclaimed their D as dominant, it sure didn't look like it.

As for my Skins, we need to clean up our play. Penalties hamstrung us something awful today, costing us 7 points(though the call was highly questionable,as was the safety).

The defense still needs to generate some kind of pressure from the front four.

We should have gained some respect today,though I doubt we get it. :2cents:

You have to remember that Denver ran all over the skins D too. Bad weather benefits the o. Denver's D may not have played as well as they have the previous 3 games, but they still kept the skins out of the endzone most of the game.

The skins have a good team, but are terrible in te redzone and on turnovers. Those two things are going to hurt them all season long.

Where is Lavar. Who hates him on the defensive coaching staff. He is a better and more talented player than Holdman. The fact that he is not on the field is BS. Clemons is rushing the passer on third down?!?!?!?!

WHERE IS LAVAR!!!!

PS. The tuck rule is the worst thing I have ever seen in sports. How you could take two points off the board in that situation is beyond everyone but the refs who did it.

I am going to lose so much sleep over this game, just because of the "what-ifs"? It was a great game, and it truly made me realize that the Skins are a legit team. Had one of the myriad of crappy things that happened to us not actually occured, from blown calls to missed tackles, to blown calls again, we would have won. We fought it out, wrestled mightily in Denver with a red-hot Broncos team and we had one of those "moral victory" thingies. Kudos to the Redskins.

PS we do not have more of a pass rush because our corners from last year are not playing. Good coverage = sacks, turnovers, and that sort of stuff. Come back Springs, we miss you!

Good game today...props to the ref crew for totally tainting any kind of win for either team. I thought the Patten catch was a TD...I thought the holding call late was terrible on Denver...as will as the UnRoughing call....I thought there PI on Jimoh on Lelie as well...and a whole bunch of horse crap in between. Good luck the rest of the way. Those lefties give us trouble...and that was true today. Props to the Skins.

Late..

See some of you around Richmond

I got to tell you; we lost the game because we couldn't finish drives and because of a few really stupid penalties, but it is so irritating when the refs are pushing us back at the same time.

I don't make excuses like 'we would have won if it weren't for the refs', but, they sure did call a really bad game. Truth is, we could have and should have overcome, but I am still so angry about the reverse call on the safety (Plummer was obviously trying to bring the ball in, not throw it) and on a couple of illegal contact penalties called against our secondary (Denver was just as active with the hands after 5 yards).

Again, we lost the game because we couldn't see it through. I just hope there is some kind of fine issued to the refs for the really poor calls.

Go Skins. We'll bounce back in KC next week. I still believe.

I just saw the replay of the 2 point conversion attempt. Some people said Brunell could have run it in. But he saw the guy open in the back of the endzone and pulled the trigger. The ball got tipped. If it doesn't, it's good for 2.

I got to hand it to the 'Skins. The Broncos manhandled the Jaguars last week. I never thought the Jags were in that game at all. The 'Skins gave em all they wanted.

Good game Skin fans. We basically got dominated and some how hung on to win the game. Brunell was amazing to watch and is being rejuvanated in D.C. I was impressed with the Skins. Talk about a team not giving up and playing tough on the road. That was impressive. This game could of gone either way. I'm glad we held on but Kudos to you guys for hanging tough. I was impressed.

How about Ade Jimoh? I know he got burnt on the touchdown but that was a great throw to the outside and the receiver had body position him. Other than that, I think the man played well. I know we all give him crap (sometimes deservingly so) but he had one huge break up on a long pass and a couple good hits including the called back safety.

The bad officiating is back. That was a terribly officiated game. they stole 2 points away from us in a safety. 2 important points. As for the field goals, i'm disappointed in our team on those. As for those tatum bell runs - totally unexcusable. Every week our offense gets better and our defense gets worse. Hopefully everything will be straightened out for KC because thats a must-win. On a more positive note, I now consider the skins to be a "good" team. I'll always love them, but now I truly believe they are good, so thats the silver lining out of this game. Woulda been nice to be 4-0 though

The better team lost today. The Washington Redskins are back and this team is for real. I heard all week about how good Denver's D is, and I wasn't impressed. That team held the Chiefs to 10 points and scored 30 on them. Skins should go into KC with some confidence and a chip on their shoulder because they let this W slip by. :logo:

How about Ade Jimoh? I know he got burnt on the touchdown but that was a great throw to the outside and the receiver had body position him. Other than that, I think the man played well. I know we all give him crap (sometimes deservingly so) but he had one huge break up on a long pass and a couple good hits including the called back safety.

Excellent recognition DC! He really showed me a lot turning his game around tonight. Some effort after getting beaten by that jump ball! :cheers:

First, I believe it was a great effort by the Redskins in that they never quit, I also think maybe the refs hurt us again, alright enuff whining from me... My largest concern seems to be a lack of confidence in the running game in important situations, ( where is Broughton ? ),

thought maybe we should have run a couple more times..

Guess thats why I'm not coaching.:helmet: :cheers:

jpass308

You guys have to quit comparing how one team plays another team, because the matchuos aren't the same. KC has a beter O than Denver does, but a worse D. Just because one tema beat s another it doesn't mean that the game will be the same facing another team. If the skins can't get in the endzone KC will tear them apart. Denver's D didn't play great this game, but did keep the skins out of the end zone all but once. ****ing about officiating can go both ways.

Ahhhhhhhh what could have been! My guts in a knot right now! I can’t even type at this point, so many bad calls! If it was only one I could live with it but damn! I started pointing out each one but the list got to long! It would be easy to blame this loss on officials but we did enough things to shot ourselves in the foot to lose the game.

As depressed as I am about this I think this game has it bright side, we stood in there and fought and could have, should have won! This team is a fighter! And does not know the meaning of defeat! I hope that this game shut up some of the nay Sayers, but it won’t not yet.

I agree with some of the other post, we won’t lose games like this often and for god sake find a way to get # 56 in there , I bet the first game he is in there, if he gets back in, we’ll see the turnovers! KC get ready boy’s we are comin for ya!!

Archived