Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game comments: Washington at Denver

Art

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think the "D" would have gotten much more of a pass rush if Lavar was on the feild. I also feel that Denver wouldn't have run as well had Lavar been in the game.

I'm sorry but when you have to have big plays in a big game, you should have "ALL" of your big playmakers in the game to make it happen. Tonight I think that's where we fell short. :doh:

Greg Williams has made the statement that Arrington doesn't fit his defense. Now the man obviously knows what he's doing with a defense, but I don't know how a player as good as Arrington wouldn't fit anyone's defense. If for no other reason, they could have Lavar in there as a pass rusher. They basically have no pass rush at all right now.

Hold on doc...I have never nor will ever be a sore losser. I was trying to make a point. We lost, yes, and I can deal with that. Just uderstand what I was saying.

Both running touchdowns were made by runs on the outside where Lavar plays. And I'm pretty sure that he would not have allowed Bell to run right by him.

You don't know that. I'm sure Bailey would have made Denver's passing D better, but he wasn't there and he may not have. there is obviously a reason Arrington is sitting. To be honest he's a bit overrated. The guy gets caught out of position a lot, and may not have stopped bell at all. The wash D played a great game without him

Greg Williams has made the statement that Arrington doesn't fit his defense. Now the man obviously knows what he's doing with a defense, but I don't know how a player as good as Arrington wouldn't fit anyone's defense. If for no other reason, they could have Lavar in there as a pass rusher. They basically have no pass rush at all right now.

agreed.. i think this loss will tell Arrington to step up in practice and make him vow to do anything on D so he could play. Not playing the highest paid defensive player on your team just doesnt seem right. Those two big rushing plays that were given up were cause of missed tackles and LaVar does not miss tackles.

How many holding penalties were not called? At least half a dozen. The redskins did well with max protect against Den's D line, but when the D linemen did get through they tackled them. Plus the holding penalty on the final drive that was called on denver to sustain washingtons drive was BS and could have been game altering.

The reversed safety call. BS and game altering. The blatent defensive pass interference non-call on Denver. Game altering. There were as many blown holding calls in Denver's favor as there were in Washington's. The refs definitely help out Denver more than they did the other way around.

I don't remember reading that Williams said he didn't fit in the defense??? I do remember reading that he is improving.

I do believe that even though he doesn't have a complete grasp on the defense that he shouldn't be on the bench the whole game. Also if Williams is telling us the truth that he is improving that it should warrant some playing time.

The reversed safety call. BS and game altering. The blatent defensive pass interference non-call on Denver. Game altering. There were as many blown holding calls in Denver's favor as there were in Washington's. The refs definitely help out Denver more than they did the other way around.

It was the tuck rule, and like it or not it was the correct call. I don't like the rule either, but it is part of the game. The refs made the right call on that one. The non interference call was a bad one though

Good, ugly game Skin fans. And don't blame the refs, that will only make your blood pressure rise and lose 5 years of your life. Happened in 2003 for the Broncos when no calls on a Dante Hall run back.

I swear though, the refs must've made offensive holding legal for this game. Or maybe it is okay to tackle the DE that has you beat.

Simple fact is the Skins had the opportunity to win, but failed. The Broncos have been in this situation in the past, where they haven't made that turnover to win. Heck, last year the Broncos probably would've lost due to 2 Plummer interceptions. Not this year. Once you start getting those turnovers on defense, then you will be a real contender.

I'll take 3-1 as well, but we should be 4-0. In the NFL momentum is what matters, the "plummer tuck" could carry over for us if we don't focus. We need to forget about this one and show the NFL how bad the KC defense still sucks. If we can win next week, we have a great chance of going 5-1 into New York. (SF Sucks) Then we will have a good measure of momentum to shut down pretty boy Eli and the Giants leaving no question to who the top dog in the NFC east is.

just need to run the ball more, portis is too good to only give him 20 carries. We have to go into KC with a run first pass second mentallity to win. Denver beat KC with the running game than the PA boots for TDs. WE cant go and throw 53 times and expect to win. RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN THE BALL!!!!

I am so proud of our team's performance. Our offense is getting better by the week. We played a quality team at their house and definitely had an oppurtunity to win the game. However our bend but not break defense has one small problem. No playmakers!!! We need Lavar in the game because he makes things happen. Remember when Lavar turned the season around with the interception a few years ago. He is a pro bowler with Lawrence Taylor-like playmaker ability. With him forcing turnovers our offense could be more potent. Please put Lavar in the game He and Sean Taylor pack a hell of a punch

I'll take 3-1 as well, but we should be 4-0. In the NFL momentum is what matters, the "plummer tuck" could carry over for us if we don't focus. We need to forget about this one and show the NFL how bad the KC defense still sucks. If we can win next week, we have a great chance of going 5-1 into New York. (SF Sucks) Then we will have a good measure of momentum to shut down pretty boy Eli and the Giants leaving no question to who the top dog in the NFC east is.

Well said my friend.. I feel good about this loss because the missed tackles on defense can be fixed. The offense producing yards and performing in critical drives is something we have developed and is good to build confidence from. Denver knows they got away with one by the skin of their teeth.

I just hope the football media now sees that the redskins are a real team! Noone thought that we could go into Denver and give them a preassure shot like that. I'm proud of them skins... Damn proud! I'm mad that we lost but pround that we made a statement. Lets take our anger out on KC next week. We've got something to prove! :helmet:

If there is such a thing as a positive loss this is it. We lost a game that no "expert" thought we would win (except for Joe T.). Yet, we did not get beat by 7.5 points or more. Why is that? We have a team here in Washington D.C. that no matter what the condition or the score they are going to fight for us the loyal fans. I, for one, extremely proud (and excited) to be a Redskins fan. This team is legit and if you can't see that then you might want to open your eyes. This team has heart, drive, and emotion. Example, Portis was extremely upset after the game today, why? Not because he didn't have a big day because he had a big day (20 carries, 103 yds), but because we didn't win. That just goes to show you that he and others do not care about big individual stats but they do care about the team.

That is why I am proud to be a Redskins fan. Not because of anything that has to do with individuals but as a team. Yes, we made our mistakes and yes, we lost. Yet, I get the feeling that this team is headed in the right direction and I am excited!

HTTR!!!

Today we didnt see just a mere loss, we seen our Redskins out play a good team in a hard place to win, and some of the stupidest refs I ever seen, for the exception of the paid off cowboy refs. we seen our offense for 2nd week in a row own the field and soon will see them lighting up the scoreboard. We are watching Joe Gibbs build another champion my fellow fans!!! As much as I wanted to see us undefeted, I cant help but see how much better were getting week by week, from Mark Brunell to Santana Moss and now everyone getting in the mix. All we are missing is that one spark on our defense, a man who can fire up a crowd, change a game with one play and a turn over, and we all know who he is "Lavar Arrington" As good of a defensive coach that Greg Williams is, how much better would our defense be with Arrington starting? One thing I know is that Denvers running back Bell would NOT of ran over or by Lavar Arrington for that 55 yard touchdown. With the way our offense is playing now, if our defense turns up the heat with our best players, NOBODY in the NFL will be able to hang with us, much less then beat us, including the eagle!!! 3 and 1 but were not done friends, like i said "were witnessing the making of another Champion" Hail To The Redskins!!!

i am a skins fan in tampa. In the last four weeks when we were 3 and 0 all i heard was they are the worst 3 and 0 team ever. Who have they played anyway? All i would say was a win is a win, this team is learning to win games that in years past they would not. Still i got no respect from anyone outside redkskin nation. Then they lose a very hard fought tough game in a place that is one of the hardest places to win on the road in pouring rain and those same people have changed thier tune. Now i get, hey they hung in there and they played tough and they may be for real. I guess my point is somtimes we can find out about a team more when they lose than when they win. Don't be upset about this lost there is no doubt in my mind this is a team that will start winning. Hail.

It's painful to watch a team this bad in the redzone. This game was ours to lose and man did we do a good job of it. Mark still looked good, Portis played well, but it's either the play calling or the execution that was missing. Painful game but not one I'm depressed about. Sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot, this game happens, at least we showed some heart and toughness despite our faults.

Also I suspected the defense took a step back last week, this week strengthens my suspicion. The front four and the starting line backers do not look as good as last year. The CB are hurt as well and our lack of depth at the position is really haunting us. If we don't get healthy in a hurry next week, at the chief facing two super backs, could be ugly.

The lack of pressure we get on the QB is amazing. It's a credit to the defensive backs on this team that we aren't getting destroyed by the passing game.

I hear you. However, you know Ade Jimoh was starting, so I'm sure GW was making up for it. If Shawn Springs was playing, I doubt the defense would've given the same looks.

Archived