Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm small and noisy, here are my thoughts as a Bronco fan.

oompa lumpa

Interesting, but I believe you can say that about most RB's with the "one long run". I totally agree with you that he gets his yard by small chunks, and usually 1 long one, like against Tampa, and more recently Chicago.

I think thats just more evidence to say our O-Line is not ever dominant when running.

:1stplace: :thumbsup: :allhail:

You win the award for the most negative fan of the week congradulations

:cheers:

Why are you comparing our D to these other teams. Newsflash: our Lb's all run 4.2 to 4.4 40's, and our cb's all run 4.3 except baily who runs 4.2. We have Price and Courtney Brown who BOTH demand a double team.

You pulled those #'s outta your a$$. You just lost credibility too :doh:

Why are there so many skin fans saying that Portis is going over 100 and blah blah blah

fact is, not only have the broncos already shut down the best in the game this year, but the broncos have not allowed an NFC running back to gain over 100 on them since 1996

WOW

I guess Ahman Green didn't roll up 200+ yard in 2003 against Denver. :rolleyes:

:1stplace: :thumbsup: :allhail:

You win the award for the most negative fan of the week congradulations

:cheers:

It has nothing to do with negativity, it has to do with realism. I believe that our Oline is not dominant. I think some people agree with me.

Just like someone said (sorry I forgot who agreed with me) said that "our oline has the potentional to be dominant", I agree with that, I just dont think we are there right now.

Ian gold runs a 4.2

we easily have the fastest lb's in the league. Just watch dj williams and al wilson cover wide receivers all the time.

timeout- ill be back in a little bit

ian gold runs a 4.2??? a handful of cornerbacks in the league run that fast.

you are drunk.

Ian gold runs a 4.2

we easily have the fastest lb's in the league. Just watch dj williams and al wilson cover wide receivers all the time.

Unless you have a link to some proof, I would not repeat this statement....

Denver has had good success against many very good backs but the stat initially isn't true. Ahman Green ran for over 200 yards against Denver in 2003. I know Vick ran for over 100 last year, but, the poster did say running back, not quarterback :).

In any case, this game for Portis should be an interesting one where Denver's run defense will meet a guy who will want to have one of his finest games. He'll be hungry enough that, as you know, his teammates will want to play above themselves to help him becasue this game is important to him. Now, that can go two ways. He can press, turn the ball over, take the team out of the game and have a terrible day, or, he can fight, break some runs, then gash you as we hold the lead having a very good day.

Portis has shown a real strength in his running this year, proving to be something of a grinding back. There's nothing wrong with Portis at all. Teams load up against him and often have free men screaming into his path. A consistent passing game can help that. So, too, can having Portis break one against a blitz.

Why are you comparing our D to these other teams. Newsflash: our Lb's all run 4.2 to 4.4 40's, and our cb's all run 4.3 except baily who runs 4.2. We have Price and Courtney Brown who BOTH demand a double team.

you guys have a Lb that runs a 4.2? LMAO. What is he doing playing for you guys. He should be going for the 100 in the olympics.

Guess who the Bailey played for buddy. I can tell you for sure that Bailey doesn't run 4.2. That is barely D-Green territory and Bailey wasn't as fast as him, not even close. But please feel free to believe your own hype.

It has nothing to do with negativity, it has to do with realism. I believe that our Oline is not dominant. I think some people agree with me.

Just like someone said (sorry I forgot who agreed with me) said that "our oline has the potentional to be dominant", I agree with that, I just dont think we are there right now.

I agree with you to an extent. We have shown the ability to be dominant for stretches but we still get too many 0 and 1 yard runs to truly be considered a dominant OL at this point.

Granted, 8 men in the box might be causing that sometimes, but until you can see evidence of our guys dominating their guys, I think it's a stretch.

I look at goalline carries. We still haven't shown the ability to line up and pound a one or two yard TD run in when everyone knows we're running. A DOMINANT offensive line will do that. We'll get there, we just haven't yet.

Ian gold runs a 4.2

I can only hope to watch your linebackers covering our wideouts all the time. Isn't it a little early out there to be in the bag?

:laugh:

Our OLine hasnt dominated all year. Portis had 90 some yards against the 18th ranked rushing defence against Seattle and we had a lead. Portis has only gone over 100 once, in 3 games. What makes you say that we have been dominant in our OLine??

Please don't just look at Portis's yards look at team rushing stats. Yes the line has dominated at times. It has not at others.

Please don't just look at Portis's yards look at team rushing stats. Yes the line has dominated at times. It has not at others.

the word is "at times". That shows right there that we have the potential like TD_Wash said.

I just dont think we can be concidered one of the top Olines in the game right now, but we do have the talent to be there one day.

you guys have a Lb that runs a 4.2? LMAO. What is he doing playing for you guys. He should be going for the 100 in the olympics.

Guess who the Bailey played for buddy. I can tell you for sure that Bailey doesn't run 4.2. That is barely D-Green territory and Bailey wasn't as fast as him, not even close. But please feel free to believe your own hype.

FIRST OFF...NO LINEBACKER RUNS A 4.2!!

HOWEVER, Bailey DID run a 4.1 when he first came in the leauge. Sorry to contradict you but he is that fast. But the broncos do not have linebackers running 4.2s.

Youre retarded oompa loompa

HOWEVER, Bailey DID run a 4.1 when he first came in the leauge. Sorry to contradict you but he is that fast. But the broncos do not have linebackers running 4.2s.

Brett Brown, Castle Rock, CO:

How fast do you run the 40 yard dash?

Champ Bailey:

I haven't been timed in three or four years, but the last time I was at a 4.2. I don't think I've lost a step sense then.

Also from http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=22791

Champ Bailey

Height: 5116

Weight: 184

40 Yrd Dash: 4.28

20 Yrd Dash: 2.49

10 Yrd Dash: 1.48

But your right about Ian Gold...

From http://www.footballsfuture.com/2000/combine-olb.html

Ian Gold 40 time 4.58

Wonderlic: 25

Yeah between that and he saying that no NFC player has rushed for 100+ yards since 1996 yet examples have been made to prove otherwise leads me to believe that he's pulling numbers and facts out his keister.

Yeah between that and he saying that no NFC player has rushed for 100+ yards since 1996 yet examples have been made to prove otherwise leads me to believe that he's pulling numbers and facts out his keister.

Must be a bronco thing, all these trolls are making stats up, or skewing them ridiculiosly with laughable parameters.

Sign of fear

I have news for you. The broncos are going to blitz the hell out of you guys because of their secondary issues.

Thats no secret, so I think the game all depends on how Brunnell plays, but from what i've seen the guy is a statue waiting to be shattered in the pocket.

Statue?!? You are kidding right? Guy has made some clutch scrambles for almost 20 yards a piece. If that's what the statues are like in Denver...then you guys have one helluva revolt coming.

Archived