Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm small and noisy, here are my thoughts as a Bronco fan.

oompa lumpa

Portis will have more carries than

LT 19 carries

Holmes 14 carries

Taylor 8 carries

and the Skins OL is better than any Denver's DL faced this season (KC was missing Willie Roaf, started a rookie at LT)

Maybe you should watch the game instead of commenting on stats.

HEY COACH...When a team is stopping your runnining back for no gain or 2 yards consistently causing you to punt over and over and over again, are you going to keep running?

Our OLine hasnt dominated all year. Portis had 90 some yards against the 18th ranked rushing defence against Seattle and we had a lead. Portis has only gone over 100 once, in 3 games. What makes you say that we have been dominant in our OLine??

If you'll notice, I said "second half" specifically. If you're going to quote me, at least get it right. Remember the Bears defense crying about how they couldn't stop our run in the second half? That was probably the best defense that we have faced so far this year. As for Seattle, Pez is correct. They were stacking the line, so that left the pass wide open. In Dallas, they were stacking the line as well. Fortunately, we made them pay for it late.

Denver is welcome to do that, although after last week, I think they might reconsider. Simple fact is, teams are going to have to start playing honest defense. If they do, I think our O-line is better conditioned than any D-line in the NFL. That being the case, just as any good Buges' line has done in the past, will tire out the opposing line in the second half. Hence them being dominant "in the second half".

He's a statue with what....~50 rushing yards this season?

:laugh: nice! Actually Brunnell is quite sure footed when he needs to be... Seen him do a couple dashes that saved drives. and he moves around away from the blitz when he needs to...

Wasn't expecting that out of him this year....... go figure

I have news for you. The broncos are going to blitz the hell out of you guys because of their secondary issues.

Thats no secret, so I think the game all depends on how Brunnell plays, but from what i've seen the guy is a statue waiting to be shattered in the pocket.

he's had 2 key third down runs of 18+ yards in the last 2 games. old? ya. a statue? nope.

obviously you haven't 'seen' the guy play this year.

Maybe you should watch the game instead of commenting on stats.

HEY COACH...When a team is stopping your runnining back for no gain or 2 yards consistently causing you to punt over and over and over again, are you going to keep running?

I did Gomer

Newsflash you can't gain rush yards unless you rush the ball.... :laugh:

Interesting, but I believe you can say that about most RB's with the "one long run". I totally agree with you that he gets his yard by small chunks, and usually 1 long one, like against Tampa, and more recently Chicago.

I think thats just more evidence to say our O-Line is not ever dominant when running.

I'd agree with your point about our OL..they are adequate right now (though they have the talent to become dominant).

And my point about the one long run was not specific to Portis. Of course you could say that about almost any back in the league. Though with his tools and speed, he's more likely to break off a 50-yard run than some other backs and it's been a while since he's had a big one. I was merely saying that, odds are, he'll be getting another long one soon...especially against a team that likes to bring blitzes...

Anyway, I think we agree on most points. :cheers:

Portis will have more carries than

LT 19 carries

Holmes 14 carries

Taylor 8 carries

and the Skins OL is better than any Denver's DL faced this season (KC was missing Willie Roaf, started a rookie at LT)

I disagree...

Even without Willie Roaf, KC line is still better then ours. Remember, Jasen is not 100% with 2 broken thumbs.

RG Will Shields made the probowl last year, along with Rolf that didnt play and thier FB made the ProBowl which I count as part of the offensive line.

Also holmes/johnson combined with 22 carries, you just cant count Holmes now for them. And the reason why they had so few carries is that they where down 17 - 0 after the first quarter, so they had to throw the ball to catch up.

I would trade our whole O-Line for KC's O-line anyday. Even withour Willie Roaf

If you'll notice, I said "second half" specifically. If you're going to quote me, at least get it right. Remember the Bears defense crying about how they couldn't stop our run in the second half? That was probably the best defense that we have faced so far this year. As for Seattle, Pez is correct. They were stacking the line, so that left the pass wide open. In Dallas, they were stacking the line as well. Fortunately, we made them pay for it late.

Denver is welcome to do that, although after last week, I think they might reconsider. Simple fact is, teams are going to have to start playing honest defense. If they do, I think our O-line is better conditioned than any D-line in the NFL. That being the case, just as any good Buges' line has done in the past, will tire out the opposing line in the second half. Hence them being dominant "in the second half".

Agree... If the broncos spend most of the game stacking the line, then Shanahan definitely has not been watching any of our games....

Why are you comparing our D to these other teams. Newsflash: our Lb's all run 4.2 to 4.4 40's, and our cb's all run 4.3 except baily who runs 4.2. We have Price and Courtney Brown who BOTH demand a double team.

that's why your ranked 18th against the pass... :jerk:

Here is some more reality Skippy

REDSKINS TEAM RANK:

Rushing Offense - 136.3 yards per game (6th in NFL); Passing Offense - 204 ypg (T-20th);

Total Offense - 340.3 ypg (14th).

Rushing Defense - 83.3 ypg (5th); Passing Defense - 207.0 ypg (16th);

Total Defense - 290.3 ypg (5th).

BRONCOS TEAM RANK:

Rushing Offense - 144.3 yards per game (3rd); Passing Offense - 182.5 ypg (25th);

Total Offense - 326.8 ypg (19th).

Rushing Defense - 79.0 ypg (4th); Passing Defense - 212.3 ypg (18th);

Total Defense - 291.3 ypg (6th).

Why are you comparing our D to these other teams. Newsflash: our Lb's all run 4.2 to 4.4 40's, and our cb's all run 4.3 except baily who runs 4.2. We have Price and Courtney Brown who BOTH demand a double team.

I knew the air is thin out there. Does it also make stopwatches faster too?

LB's running 4.2? Riiiiigggghhhhhttttt. :laugh:

Speed is important, but doesnt mean it makes a Defence, just ask Dallas. They fly to the ball, but right now they are at the bottom half of the league in total defence.

I dont see your Ends demanding double teams at the beginning, but that may be possible if we feel like we are getting pressured from Brown and Price.

I disagree...

Even without Willie Roaf, KC line is still better then ours. Remember, Jasen is not 100% with 2 broken thumbs.

RG Will Shields made the probowl last year, along with Rolf that didnt play and thier FB made the ProBowl which I count as part of the offensive line.

Also holmes/johnson combined with 22 carries, you just cant count Holmes now for them. And the reason why they had so few carries is that they where down 17 - 0 after the first quarter, so they had to throw the ball to catch up.

I would trade our whole O-Line for KC's O-line anyday. Even withour Willie Roaf

Then you are a fool. :)

I nevr said you sucked. All I said was stop expecting much from Portis because of his past with Denver. Also, I've heard guys here celebrating the fact that you havn't had a 100 yards rushed against you in a while. Thats because most of the good back are in the AFC.

No NFC running back rushed for 100 against us since 1996. You have to admit thats amazing

SATAN a Moss is a good treatment for growing healthier centipede grass. Also Satan Moss will not have a QB throwing to him the last half of the season.. Brunnell and Ramsey will get knocked out for the year real real soon.

that's why your ranked 18th against the pass... :jerk:

Here is some more reality Skippy

REDSKINS TEAM RANK:

Rushing Offense - 136.3 yards per game (6th in NFL); Passing Offense - 204 ypg (T-20th);

Total Offense - 340.3 ypg (14th).

Rushing Defense - 83.3 ypg (5th); Passing Defense - 207.0 ypg (16th);

Total Defense - 290.3 ypg (5th).

BRONCOS TEAM RANK:

Rushing Offense - 144.3 yards per game (3rd); Passing Offense - 182.5 ypg (25th);

Total Offense - 326.8 ypg (19th).

Rushing Defense - 79.0 ypg (4th); Passing Defense - 212.3 ypg (18th);

Total Defense - 291.3 ypg (6th).

Wow I didnt know these teams are so close stats wise.

Why are there so many skin fans saying that Portis is going over 100 and blah blah blah

fact is, not only have the broncos already shut down the best in the game this year, but the broncos have not allowed an NFC running back to gain over 100 on them since 1996

WOW

If you say so guy, but the Broncos never played against CP ..in game situation have they? Im talking about a regular season game. These kind of streaks that you are talking about like the Broncos not allowing an NFC runningback gain over a 100 are made to be broken..CP will break a 100 yards on their a$$! Just like the Patriots had a 21 home game winning streak on the line..well guess what they lost last week! They can try to stop Portis, if they do then all we need to do is open up our passing game

:broncosuc and thats all I need to say to you Broncos fans..lol..good luck on sunday guy, your going to need it cause everybody there is under estimating the Redskins and so is the media..its cool though well just keep a low profile and pile up wins.

puff-puff ..... pass it man!

The broncos also are very deep on the d-line and constantly switch out, so I doubt the skins O-line will wear them out

yeah no other team does that.... :rolleyes:

instead of telling us what "you" think (which means squat) back up you BS with some facts.

if not... :ciao:

I knew the air is thin out there. Does it also make stopwatches faster too?

LB's running 4.2? Riiiiigggghhhhhttttt. :laugh:

Ian gold runs a 4.2

we easily have the fastest lb's in the league. Just watch dj williams and al wilson cover wide receivers all the time.

timeout- ill be back in a little bit

Archived