Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm small and noisy, here are my thoughts as a Bronco fan.

oompa lumpa

Please don't just look at Portis's yards look at team rushing stats. Yes the line has dominated at times. It has not at others.

You have to look at the redskins line. It has been playing together and is better than it has been in the past. I think that Portis will get over 100 yards rushing. You said in a previous post that the broncos were going to blitz, that is fine that is just creating one on one situations, and I don't think that Moss will lose in that situation. The line is good and will be able to pick up a blitz. Also you have to remember that the RB will stay in to block as well, so that means that in order to get pressure the broncos are going to have to send 7-8 guys and that leaves a lot open in the passing game.

Brunell is good at reading the blitz and checking to a different play as well.

So your theory is shot. Try again

Our corners constantly blitz, which was my point. And yes, champ baily does suck

Go ahead send your corners on a blitz, when that happens that makes the option routes wide open. When you send the corner's in that leaves the WR to run a hard slant and pick up 7-10 yards per pass. If that happens enough it could be the main reason the broncos lose

Port

Our corners constantly blitz, which was my point. And yes, champ baily does suck

Oh my. I'm sure that Mark Brunell has never faced a corner blitz before, what ever will he do?

BTW- Antonio Brown runs a sub 4.2. Maybe you guys can make a corner out of him, or better yet a linebacker. Lord knows that it's only speed that matters. ;)

Oh my. I'm sure that Mark Brunell has never faced a corner blitz before, what ever will he do?

BTW- Antonio Brown runs a sub 4.2. Maybe you guys can make a corner out of him, or better yet a linebacker. Lord knows that it's only speed that matters. ;)

I don't know Anotnio Brown might be "too big" for their LB squad :laugh:

Go ahead send your corners on a blitz, when that happens that makes the option routes wide open. When you send the corner's in that leaves the WR to run a hard slant and pick up 7-10 yards per pass. If that happens enough it could be the main reason the broncos lose

Port

Our Lb's are as fast as your receivers, they pick up on the corner blitz

Please do us a favor and come back around if you lose. We have had many Bear, Cowboy, and Seahawk fans visit us so far this year with a similar act to yours prior to the games. With very rare exceptions, almost none of them were "man enough" to come back after the games. I imagine that you will most probably continue that trend.

This is getting pathetic. It's a Redskins board; we don't care about the Broncos except regarding one game this weekend. Go back to your board and talk there.
You make a good point slammer..I couldnt agree with you more ..we only need Bronco fans here only for the week.., however after this weekends game they wont want to post here anymore anyways!

Our Lb's are as fast as your receivers, they pick up on the corner blitz

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I can guarantee that there's not LB in the league, much less your team, that's as fast as Santana Moss.

And speed isn't the only thing that measures coverage ability. It involves a lot of other things like being able to backpedal -- a skill which you've probably mastered -- and moving your hips to adjust to a WR's quickness. Case in point: Ade Jimoh. He's one of our CBs and runs a 4.3, but he can't cover worth a damn. So, to simply point to speed as a measuring stick is a horrendously oversimplification of what's at issue when talking about whether a CB can adequately cover a WR.

And if you think that Ian Gold can cover Santana Moss, you'd better put down that glass pipe. If it ever comes down to that, you'd better hope Brunell is in a world of trouble avoiding the pass rush cuz that's an easy six any day of the week.

Archived