Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm small and noisy, here are my thoughts as a Bronco fan.

oompa lumpa

Why are there so many skin fans saying that Portis is going over 100 and blah blah blah

fact is, not only have the broncos already shut down the best in the game this year, but the broncos have not allowed an NFC running back to gain over 100 on them since 1996

WOW

Because we're Redskins fans. What do you want us to say? We're going to lose? Portis sucks? Sorry if we're not half-hearted fans.

You mean it bothered you that bad that you had to register to point this out? I could care less if you guys think that "your flavor of the month RB", whoever it is this year, rushes for 300 yards against us.

Why are there so many skin fans saying that Portis is going over 100 and blah blah blah

fact is, not only have the broncos already shut down the best in the game this year, but the broncos have not allowed an NFC running back to gain over 100 on them since 1996

WOW

Because, if utilized correctly, he will. As long as the Broncos don't get an early lead, he will be used heavily. His yards per run average may not turn out to be great, but should the Skins even get up by 3, all you will see is him getting the ball. I suspect, should he break the 100 yard barrier, it will be mostly because of 2nd half runs. Our O-line tends to dominate in the second half. However, if the Skins are down going into the second half, then he probably won't.

Because, if utilized correctly, he will. As long as the Broncos don't get an early lead, he will be used heavily. His yards per run average may not turn out to be great, but should the Skins even get up by 3, all you will see is him getting the ball. I suspect, should he break the 100 yard barrier, it will be mostly because of 2nd half runs. Our O-line tends to dominate in the second half. However, if the Skins are down going into the second half, then he probably won't.

Our OLine hasnt dominated all year. Portis had 90 some yards against the 18th ranked rushing defence against Seattle and we had a lead. Portis has only gone over 100 once, in 3 games. What makes you say that we have been dominant in our OLine??

I nevr said you sucked. All I said was stop expecting much from Portis because of his past with Denver. Also, I've heard guys here celebrating the fact that you havn't had a 100 yards rushed against you in a while. Thats because most of the good back are in the AFC.

No NFC running back rushed for 100 against us since 1996. You have to admit thats amazing

WOW

The key to this game is turnover buddy. If the skins manage to come out on the plus side they win. You guys have nothing to worry us with. NADA. You can't run on the Redskins D effectively. No one has since the Pitt game of last year. You can also bet the D will key on the running game forcing Jake to win the game with his passing.

Again the only reason why we have won all our games so close is because we are -4 on the turnover ratio. You take away the turnovers for you guys against the Jags and the game is even. We are the only team with a winning record but a negative turnover ratio to the tune of -4. I think we are due.

Our OLine hasnt dominated all year. Portis had 90 some yards against the 18th ranked rushing defence against Seattle and we had a lead. Portis has only gone over 100 once, in 3 games. What makes you say that we have been dominant in our OLine??

Seattle re-geared their defense in preparation for Clinton Portis.... Unfortunately that left the passing game wide open....

As a counter-point, Clinton Portis is NOT going to gain 100 yards in any game getting small chunks. If you notice last year, the games that he went over 100 all contained a big run or two to beef up his stats (Hell, most RBs won't go over 100 with 25 4-yard carries).

Clinton had a long one vs. Chicago and hasn't gotten loose since...so all it will take is for him to bust out one long run and, unless we're getting blown out, he'll be on his way to 100.

Seattle re-geared their defense in preparation for Clinton Portis.... Unfortunately that left the passing game wide open....

Okay, so whats to say that the Brocos wont do the same thing, When they have confidence in thier secondary, as foolish as that might be?

Teams are still going to let Brunell beat them before Clinton does.

I have news for you. The broncos are going to blitz the hell out of you guys because of their secondary issues.

Thats no secret, so I think the game all depends on how Brunnell plays, but from what i've seen the guy is a statue waiting to be shattered in the pocket.

As a counter-point, Clinton Portis is NOT going to gain 100 yards in any game getting small chunks. If you notice last year, the games that he went over 100 all contained a big run or two to beef up his stats (Hell, most RBs won't go over 100 with 25 4-yard carries).

Clinton had a long one vs. Chicago and hasn't gotten loose since...so all it will take is for him to bust out one long run and, unless we're getting blown out, he'll be on his way to 100.

Interesting, but I believe you can say that about most RB's with the "one long run". I totally agree with you that he gets his yard by small chunks, and usually 1 long one, like against Tampa, and more recently Chicago.

I think thats just more evidence to say our O-Line is not ever dominant when running.

Okay, so whats to say that the Brocos wont do the same thing, When they have confidence in thier secondary, as foolish as that might be?

Teams are still going to let Brunell beat them before Clinton does.

To be honest... I don't mind that... do we HAVE to beat them on the ground? No... so far the majority of our big plays has come from the passing game... Let them make the same mistake seattle did.... Sure Clinton will get some handoffs, but I don't think he will have a 100+ yd game... I think this may be the day that the thrash/cooley/patten combo may shine as I believe they will be open more than moss....

I have news for you. The broncos are going to blitz the hell out of you guys because of their secondary issues.

Thats no secret, so I think the game all depends on how Brunnell plays, but from what i've seen the guy is a statue waiting to be shattered in the pocket.

He sure is. Just ask the Hawks how they killed him by "only" allowing him to complety 72% of 3rd down plays for 1st downs. :laugh:

Or while you are at it ask the Cowturds how they feel since they thought the guy couldn't complete a 20 yard pass. :laugh:

To be honest... I don't mind that... do we HAVE to beat them on the ground? No... so far the majority of our big plays has come from the passing game... Let them make the same mistake seattle did.... Sure Clinton will get some handoffs, but I don't think he will have a 100+ yd game... I think this may be the day that the thrash/cooley/patten combo may shine as I believe they will be open more than moss....

I dont mind it either. And its funny, I kinda see the same exact thing. The only thing that scares me is how good Jake is at home.

I think this might be like the Chicago game, lots of dumpoffs over the middle. I can see Cooley with like a 6-7 catch game.

:yawnee: So did the Seahawks, and Cowboys

He's a statue with what....~50 rushing yards this season?

Archived