Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Objective Extremeskins Power Ranking

footballhenry

So where do you think we fall after four weeks of football? At 3-0, if you were an NFL analyst where would you put the Skins considering all things objectively?

Personally I would put us around #12 as of right now.

We should have been around 18 or so to start the year. I'd put us about seventh right now.

Indy, Philly, Cincy, Atlanta, Denver, Pittsburgh, us, Tampa......

We should have been around 18 or so to start the year. I'd put us about seventh right now.

Hmm, Im not sure how you could argue we should be ahead of Tampa. I mean they have had some pretty convincing wins and have looked much better offensively than we have overall.

mmm I like the list just in a different order.

Indy, Philly, Atlanta, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Denver, Us, Tampa

So where do you think we fall after four weeks of football? At 3-0, if you were an NFL analyst where would you put the Skins considering all things objectively?

Personally I would put us around #12 as of right now.

I agree -- I'd say 12-14 right now. But the difference between teams ranked 5-15 is pretty minimal right now. (the dreaded parity)

I like around 11-13 spot... We are playing better each week, but we need an offensive breakout to really prove something...

I also would like one game were the opponent can't blame it on this or that freak incident.. for once I want.. "the redskins absolutley won this game without incident"

Hmm, Im not sure how you could argue we should be ahead of Tampa. I mean they have had some pretty convincing wins and have looked much better offensively than we have overall.

It's not really hard to argue we should be ahead of Tampa. They've not played anyone who appears capable of doing anything. They weren't that convincing against the Lions who lost on a bad replay decision or they wouldn't even be in the Top 10. They beat the Vikings by 8 on the strength of a late 71-yard scamper by Williams when they were running out the clock, else that's a 1-point win against a horrid team at present.

They beat a bad Green Bay team by one, because Green Bay missed an extra point and a pretty easy 42-yard missed field goal. They beat Detroit by 4 when the officials inexplicably overturned a touchdown that would have sent them down. They pounded a terrible Buffalo team, which everyone is doing.

To even suggest they've had "impressive" wins is to simply not be in connection with reality.

Not ready to put us in the top ten yet. Not until I see the O finish off a few more drives and the D show that the late backpedal against Seattle was just an aberration.

We're a tough out, no question. But still very much a work in progress.

On gut alone, I put us around 12.

mmm I like the list just in a different order.

Indy, Philly, Atlanta, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Denver, Us, Tampa

Weird season already, just 4 games in; Most people have Philly ahead of Atlanta even though Philly lost to Atlanta. Yet it's hard to argue that Atlanta is the better team. The polls should become clearer after the next couple of games.

I also agree with 11-13. I know our offense hasn't been scaring anyone but it is progressing week by week and it will be kicking on all cylinders soon. Moving the ball has not been a problem the Red Zone has and we started addressing that issue against Seattle.

Our third down conversion against Seattle was just sick.

It's not really hard to argue we should be ahead of Tampa. They've not played anyone who appears capable of doing anything. They weren't that convincing against the Lions who lost on a bad replay decision or they wouldn't even be in the Top 10. They beat the Vikings by 8 on the strength of a late 71-yard scamper by Williams when they were running out the clock, else that's a 1-point win against a horrid team at present.

They beat a bad Green Bay team by one, because Green Bay missed an extra point and a pretty easy 42-yard missed field goal. They beat Detroit by 4 when the officials inexplicably overturned a touchdown that would have sent them down. They pounded a terrible Buffalo team, which everyone is doing.

To even suggest they've had "impressive" wins is to simply not be in connection with reality.

wheres unsonny when you need an owned picture

San Diego?

I have us at 8...pretty much using the same teams you have there except adding San Diego in the mix.

I agree that Tampa is a "lucky 4-0" ;)

Umm...now Im not trying to bring the mood down but who have WE beat in comparison to the Bucs? I mean we beat the Bears by a measly two points, big whoop. We beat Dallas in Dallas but we were outplayed the whole game till the end and won by one point. We wouldv'e lost to the Seahawks had Brown not missed that fg, we beat them by 3 pts.

The Bucs beat the Vikes and GreenBay at their respective houses, and then beat a somewhat solid crew in Buffalo and a very good Lions team.

I mean seriously, I dont get how you spin all this and could honestly put us ahead of the Bucs right now and yet gripe when people put down the skins (combined 6pts more than our opponents, no rushing td's, no td's up to last 3 min of cowboys game,etc).

It boggles the mind, again Im speaking objectively on all this a.k.a. taking the 'homer' out

Umm...now Im not trying to bring the mood down but who have WE beat in comparison to the Bucs? I mean we beat the Bears by a measly two points, big whoop. We beat Dallas in Dallas but we were outplayed the whole game till the end and won by one point. We wouldv'e lost to the Seahawks had Brown not missed that fg, we beat them by 3 pts.

The Bucs beat the Vikes and GreenBay at their respective houses, and then beat a somewhat solid crew in Buffalo and a very good Lions team.

I mean seriously, I dont get how you spin all this and could honestly put us ahead of the Bucs right now and yet gripe when people put down the skins (combined 6pts more than our opponents, no rushing td's, no td's up to last 3 min of cowboys game,etc).

It boggles the mind, again Im speaking objectively on all this a.k.a. taking the 'homer' out

Right now Buffalo, Detroit, Minnesota and Green Bay are HORRIBLE. They aren't good. They aren't somewhat solid. The fact that the Bucs should have probably lost to Green Bay and actually DID lose to Detroit is a factor.

If you're attempting to speak objectively you'd have to start by demonstrating you know what you're talking about. To this point I haven't seen that. It is impossible to be all that jazzed about Tampa's close wins against awful competition and not be happy with our close wins against better competition.

And, we won while losing the turnover battle each game while they are plus three. The offenses they've played rate 21, 23, 29 and 31 in the league. The offenses we've played rate 2, 9 and 27. Our wins have been of greater quality thus far as our competition has been of greater quality to this point.

This is as objective as it gets. Remember, now, I don't enter the conversation with the presumption that the play of everyone else deserves praise while our play deserves criticial inspection.

Archived