Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Objective Extremeskins Power Ranking

footballhenry

We should have been around 18 or so to start the year. I'd put us about seventh right now.

Indy, Philly, Cincy, Atlanta, Denver, Pittsburgh, us, Tampa......

After 4 weeks I wouldn't go off records and I wouldn't have us as high as 7. A lot of teams with records such as 2-2 could be better Chargers jump out for example.

After 4 weeks I wouldn't go off records and I wouldn't have us as high as 7. A lot of teams with records such as 2-2 could be better Chargers jump out for example.

The Chargers could be better, but, this is current power rankings, not who could be better. A two-loss team doesn't get ranked ahead of a no loss team. We lose and the Chargers win, then you can do that more easily. The Chargers could also be worse than us. Say we win this weekend beating both teams that beat them.

The Chargers could be better, but, this is current power rankings, not who could be better. A two-loss team doesn't get ranked ahead of a no loss team. We lose and the Chargers win, then you can do that more easily. The Chargers could also be worse than us. Say we win this weekend beating both teams that beat them.

So you honestly think last week when the Raiders didn't have a win that they were a worse team than the 49ers and Cardinals?

So you honestly think last week when the Raiders didn't have a win that they were a worse team than the 49ers and Cardinals?

There's a difference between one and two games. We shouldn't be rated ahead of some of the one loss teams. We should be rated ahead of ALL the two loss teams. Oakland was 0-3 and they were playing worse than then Niners. Now the Niners have a bit of an injury problem and will fall pretty dramatically.

A win is a win and A redskin fan has no buisness saying Tampa is a "lucky 4-0" We have won 3 games by a total of 6 points.

Except Tampa is a lucky 4-0 because to get there some very rare things have had to happen. A missed extra point by a field goal kicker who hasn't missed one in like 9 years or whatever is a rare event providing the margin of victory. An overruled touchdown on a call that most people today -- I don't agree -- feel was a touchdown. In any case, it is a rare event to overrule a call on the field when there's such a clear question to be made about that play.

Those are lucky events for the most part. Especially the loss to the Lions being turned into a win.

The fact that the Bucs should have probably lost to Green Bay and actually DID lose to Detroit is a factor.

If you're attempting to speak objectively you'd have to start by demonstrating you know what you're talking about. To this point I haven't seen that.

While I think the Lions should have won the fact is the Bucs have the W and the Lions dont.

Im not sure how much more objective I can get when I simply dont see how an objective person can put the Skins ahead of the Bucs based on what we've seen thus far. The Bucs have won FOUR games, the Skins have won THREE. The Bucs have scored 24 points, 19, 17, and 17. We have scored 9, 13, and 20. The Bucs have the number one defense in the league. The fact is they have won and in a more convincing fashion (albeit with some luck) than we have. And guess what Art? Weve had alot of luck in our wins too. Im just surprised not that you place the Skins so highly but that you place the Bucs so lowly in comparison.

Oh, and I know what I'm talking about as Im sure you do.

Whoa, you do NOT base power rankings purely off of record. Why bother? Anyone can just look at the NFL standings and figure it out. Its MORE than that, you take an indepth look at each team and who theyve played, how theyve played, etc. The Chargers are a better team than us, and I think most of us would agree. The Patriots are better, and most of us would probably agree. Just because we are 3-0 does not mean we are BETTER than those squads. RIGHT NOW we are around 11-13, imo. If we win in Denver then obviously we will jump up a bit.

While I think the Lions should have won the fact is the Bucs have the W and the Lions dont.

Im not sure how much more objective I can get when I simply dont see how an objective person can put the Skins ahead of the Bucs based on what we've seen thus far. The Bucs have won FOUR games, the Skins have won THREE. The Bucs have scored 24 points, 19, 17, and 17. We have scored 9, 13, and 20. The Bucs have the number one defense in the league. The fact is they have won and in a more convincing fashion (albeit with some luck) than we have. And guess what Art? Weve had alot of luck in our wins too. Im just surprised not that you place the Skins so highly but that you place the Bucs so lowly in comparison.

Oh, and I know what I'm talking about as Im sure you do.

I put us seventh. I put the Bucs eighth. That's not putting us so highly while putting them so low. That's putting us and them very close with the edge to us for having better victories to this point against stiffer competition to this point. They have the No. 1 defense but haven't played a Top 20 offense.

They have one game in a convincing fashion against among the worst teams in football. And, let's put it this way. ALL the teams the Bucs have played rate below ALL the teams WE have played in the same poll that rates them higher than us.

Whoa, you do NOT base power rankings purely off of record. Why bother? Anyone can just look at the NFL standings and figure it out. Its MORE than that, you take an indepth look at each team and who theyve played, how theyve played, etc. The Chargers are a better team than us, and I think most of us would agree. The Patriots are better, and most of us would probably agree. Just because we are 3-0 does not mean we are BETTER than those squads. RIGHT NOW we are around 11-13, imo. If we win in Denver then obviously we will jump up a bit.

No one said you base power rankings simply on record, for if they had, we'd be third in the league now. It is true you don't put a team with two losses ahead of a team with no losses. When they are within a game you can do that. When they are two games apart you can not.

I put us seventh. I put the Bucs eighth. That's not putting us so highly while putting them so low. That's putting us and them very close with the edge to us for having better victories to this point against stiffer competition to this point. They have the No. 1 defense but haven't played a Top 20 offense.

They have one game in a convincing fashion against among the worst teams in football. And, let's put it this way. ALL the teams the Bucs have played rate below ALL the teams WE have played in the same poll that rates them higher than us.

Agreed. Having the number one defense doesnt mean squat unless it was earned after playing the number 2 offense.

I believe that noone is or can be wrong on this topic if there OPINION is reasonable. It is by it's very nature one's OPINION.

If I was to rank the top 15 teams in the league. I would include much more then the simple records this early in the season. You have to include past performance as well as there records at the moment. You also have to judge the potential of the team and trends that may merit close scrutiny.

The Power ranking is giving you insight into the betting line at the moment. That line is going to be based on alot of variables. I can understand the Skins being ranked anywhere from 6-15 right now.

Now if someone put them at 28. That of course would be totally unreasonable and dead wrong.

Indy philly cincy pitt atlanta san diego denver tampa washington

that puts us ninth IMO i do think tampa should be rated ahead of us regardless of the strength of their opponents just because they have won four and being 4-0 is a lot better then being 3-0. It will be extremely tough for us to go 4-0 with our next game. If we do somehow pull that denver game out we are top five no doubt

I would have to say somewhere between 11-13 is about right. We need at least one game where every facet of the game is solid before we can even consider jumping into the top 10.

I agree, but somewhere between 11-13 would be 12.

:laugh:

i would honestly say #9 is about right , now once we beat the broncos 24-10 we should definetly be at a solid #5 or even higher depending on what the other teams do this week. Tampa is a smoke screen(see arts post on page 1). cincy has become 4-0 by beating cleveland,chicago,houston and minnesota,all 4 of those teams combined only have three wins.Atlanta's only claim to the top 5 is there win agianst the eagles there other victories were agianst minnesota and buffalo (their loss came agianst seattle!) With that in mind I believe that a convincing victory agianst denver puts us at a solid #3 behind the colts and the eagles(sucks) and that is only if they both win this week , I dont see that bieng a problem for indy they have the 49ers and lets hope philly strugles agianst dallas(sucks).Hail!

I like around 11-13 spot... We are playing better each week, but we need an offensive breakout to really prove something...

I also would like one game were the opponent can't blame it on this or that freak incident.. for once I want.. "the redskins absolutley won this game without incident"

My feelings exactly

Archived