Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Objective Extremeskins Power Ranking

footballhenry

We'd hoped we'd not seen you giddy because you have a three-touchdown loss hung on your boys so giddy should be impossible for now.

As for us, it is true the teams we've played haven't been world beaters. It's just a fact that every power poll ranking Tampa ahead of us ranks each of the opponents we've played more highly than any of the opponents Tampa has played. The fact the Bucs lost to the Lions but for official intervention and won by the greatest of luck -- rare miss of an extra point against Green Bay -- puts them as the most questionable unbeaten team at the moment.[/Quote]

Art,

Based on last weeks performance by the Chargers and the fact the Giants were playing a desperate Charger team at the time, I'm going to excuse that game by the Giants. They were going into a no win situation in that one. But what I was actually referring to was the Giants offense in particular Eli. And even though they did get beat badly by the Chargers, he looked very good in that game.

I do understand the point about Tampa being ranked so high with the competition they have played but the fact is, they are 4-0. Even if they were lucky to beat Detroit. Hey, I'd rather be lucky than good any day. The Bucs could be a great team or pretending to be great. But I think you can say that about a number of teams right now. Two of them being in the NFC East. But I think Philly is actually good. :D

For people that say 3-0 is all that matters, I hardly see it apropriate to bash the giants for losing one game by a bunch of points, when all that matters is they are 3-1.

No need to be arrogantly wrong. Not like we havent had any luck ourselves(dallas secondary, missed fieldgoal, false start).

Stop with the Bucs v.s. Skins stuff....The Bucs are 4-0, Skins are 3-0. Regardless of how you do it, the Bucs have 4 wins in 4 games, they deserve to be higher than the Skins, period.

We didnt do crap against Dallas except for two long balls, if Roy doesnt mess up coverage then we lose that game. If the Bears dont false start three straight times then we may lose that game. If the Seahawks Brown doesnt miss that fg at the end then we lose that game.

Art, its ridiculous man, it really is to give the assertion that the Bucs are LUCKY and the Skins are not, that Skins should be higher. I think we have a potentially very good team and WILL be better than the Bucs but as of RIGHT NOW the Bucs have earned their spot in the top echelon of the league. I dont think the Bucs are a top 5 team in the league but they most certainly deserve a higher place than the Skins. If we win this sunday then that very well could and maybe should change, but until then...

For people that say 3-0 is all that matters, I hardly see it apropriate to bash the giants for losing one game by a bunch of points, when all that matters is they are 3-1.

No need to be arrogantly wrong. Not like we havent had any luck ourselves(dallas secondary, missed fieldgoal, false start).

The Dallas secondary being unable to cover long plays in a coverage scheme isn't luck. It's a lack of ability they've been hit with repeatedly this year. A 47-yard missed field goal isn't luck. It's a fairly regular miss in the NFL. It's far more rare to block a kick than to miss one of that distance. It's far more abnormal to have a ball tip off an offensive player for an interception too. While the Bears did have false starts assisted by the home crowd, that's not all that lucky either. That's what the advantage is and that's because we did something they weren't ready for. Then, of course, we sacked them right after, so, it's not like that was all that happened.

Luck is, for example, having a touchdown taken away from the opposition when all reasonably agree whether it was or was not a score, by rule of the game, you can't remove it from the board once called on the field with the angles available on the play. Luck is having a kicker who doesn't miss extra points miss an extra point. Very rare events that happen once in several years is what luck is.

Archived