Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

Lavar was the only player on the team yesterday to have a wristband on his forearm that had the plays on it. To me it is very dissapointing for several reasons.

1. He's had over 17 months to study the defensive scheme.

2. He possibly has a learning handicap that the team hasn't addressed.

3. He's a good Redskins and this must be humiliating for him.

4. Perhaps it's the reason he has freelanced so much..aka...Wilbur Marshall.

The number one priority is to get Larvar playing at his best, if doesn't understand or can't memorize the gameplan and scheme's. The coaches need to help him. Maybe he's a visual learner and or has memory issue's

By what measure has Washington produced 100x Arrington has. I could pull up stats showing you that you are wrong, I've done so in several threads to people voicing the same wrong opinion. But just for fun, you prove that Washington has done so so so much better then Arrington has.

Dude, Every thread you've replied to is argumentative! This is a forum where people voice their opinions. Eff stats. Character wins games not individualism (like Lavar demonstrates). I'd fight next to Marcus Washington before Lavar any day.

....Lavar was told he "doesn't fit" ...

How exactly doesn't he fit? What does Holdman have that makes him "fit" more than Lavar? Some of you mentioned he wasn't a team player. How so? Does anyone know any specifics?

Does he not show up to practice, show up late, or not go 100%?

Is he blantently not following his assignments?

Is he bad mouthing anyone?

What is it that he's just NOT doing? Or IS doing?

I love the guy, always thought he's been a team player (contract disputes aside), and thought he's showed loyalty to this team from day one.

And he doesn't fit. He didn't as soon as the team became a team again (ie when Gibbs/Williams arrived) because he plays for himself and only for himself. Always has and always will.

And this is based off of....?

Now look, I agree he should play special teams if that's what is asked of him. If he's not, fine, maybe he's not a team player in which case we as a team just won a multimillion dollar bench warmer. But remember that he has confidence and pride like everyone else. Is that an excuse, no. He should play special teams if that's what is asked. But I don't blame the guy for getting pissed and asked to play ST because he "doesn't fit". He's a born linebacker and that's where he should play. It's not fair to HIM, to US or to the rest of the team to keep someone that valuable, both economically and athleticly, off the field.

Unless there IS a reason that none of us knows about.

If Williams is not playing him because of some bull$hit reason such as polictics, personal reasons, etc, then not only is Lavar getting screwed, but our whole team as well in the long run. We'll take a cap hit, he'll end up in New York, where he plays, and next thing you know he's terrorizing us.

Bottom line: I haven't heard one solid reason (aside from this recent special teams incidient) how he doesn't fit. And until then, I think this whole thing is really sketchy. Just my :2cents:....

Well, it's obvious at this point it's not injury related like Gibbs tried to squeek out the last time he was on his show. It's for disciplinary reasons. Whether it's for not wanting to play on special teams or for not knowing the the defensive scheme we will never know until someone flat out asks him and he doesn't give a political answer. I'd assume he's in our blitz packages if you have noticed we haven't blitzed that often. I'm talking about bring the house blitzes, not just a few guys coming at you. But whatever the case maybe, it's not health related.

the odd thing about the whole situation is that arrington seems to be playing nice.

You have quotes from him like "I've been to pro bowls, I just want to go to a super bowl." You have quotes where he says he's happy for holdman. He seems to be a team player in the media. When you talk to Williams its all smiles too.

The whole "me first" thing is hard to substantiate.

Well, it's obvious at this point it's not injury related like Gibbs tried to squeek out the last time he was on his show. It's for disciplinary reasons. Whether it's for not wanting to play on special teams or for not knowing the the defensive scheme we will never know until someone flat out asks him and he doesn't give a political answer. I'd assume he's in our blitz packages if you have noticed we haven't blitzed that often. I'm talking about bring the house blitzes, not just a few guys coming at you. But whatever the case maybe, it's not health related.

My guess is that Arrington is aiming his emotions at Snyder. Dan used to back him up, but I don't think that's the case anymore. And I'd venture to guess the contract dispute isn't quite resolved in Arrington's mind.

So can we talk about the team being 3-0 now?!

Just curious... but did anyone else catch the comments yesterday about LaVar during the TV Broadcast?

Something to the effect of.... the team wants him to play special teams and he refused... and if they do so again he'll start to skip team meetings?

Did I hear that correctly?

Is he blantently not following his assignments?

That may be it. It certainly has been a problem with him in the past.

Whatever it is, it is obvious that the coaching staff isn't going to cut him some slack. Considering how the D is playing, they don't NEED Lavar. So, Lavar is going to have to do whatever the coaching staff wants him to do, or else he isn't going to play. If you are a team guy, you need to play teams if you are asked to do it. Hell, Washington plays on teams.

I like Lavar, and I'd like to see him on the field, but if the staff doesn't feel comfortable with him being on the field, he shouldn't be there.

Jason

Glazer doesn't know what he is talking about. Come on, saying Arrington isn't a good fit for this team is a stupid as the press saying the Vikings are better off without Randy Moss. Arrington is an impact player and also a professional. If it is a learning curve issue, then he will need to try to address it. The coaching staff has already tried to address it by utilizing his talents in the packages he suited for. Long story short, Arrington and company should be worried about getting to the Superbowl; not worrying about individual playtime. If the getting one win at a time isn't your primary goal, then your priorities are not with the team. Like Williams said, "Check your egos at the door.".

The longer the Skins defense goes with little or no turnovers or sacks, the more they'll start to feel LaVar "fits" into the scheme. Right now, this defense is sorely in need of playmakers...guys who disrupt the opponent's offense at just the right time and in just the right way. Four sacks in three games is pretty weak...you can't give McNabb or Vick all day back there to decide what to do, you'll lose the game.

Something tells me Williams will find a way to fit his schemes around LaVar's talents a little bit more in the coming weeks...instead of insisting LaVar become someone else.

And this is based off of....?

Now look, I agree he should play special teams if that's what is asked of him. If he's not, fine, maybe he's not a team player in which case we as a team just won a multimillion dollar bench warmer. But remember that he has confidence and pride like everyone else. Is that an excuse, no. He should play special teams if that's what is asked. But I don't blame the guy for getting pissed and asked to play ST because he "doesn't fit". He's a born linebacker and that's where he should play. It's not fair to HIM, to US or to the rest of the team to keep someone that valuable, both economically and athleticly, off the field.

Unless there IS a reason that none of us knows about.

If Williams is not playing him because of some bull$hit reason such as polictics, personal reasons, etc, then not only is Lavar getting screwed, but our whole team as well in the long run. We'll take a cap hit, he'll end up in New York, where he plays, and next thing you know he's terrorizing us.

Bottom line: I haven't heard one solid reason (aside from this recent special teams incidient) how he doesn't fit. And until then, I think this whole thing is really sketchy. Just my :2cents:....

Hmm, where do I start?

First a holdout his rookie season for a luxury box for his homies.

Then he couldn't pick up Ray Rhodes system well enough to start.

Then he drew the ire of Marvin Lewis on many occasions for "not doing his job," forcing him to play DE because he "didn't get it" and couldn't be trusted.

Edwards didn't have anything bad to say about Arrington but that's probably because the inmates were running the asylum in 2003.

He's hurt last season and promptly throws the coaching staff under the bus for "rushing him back" when his quotes all during the season were complementary towards said staff for "bringing him along slowly."

I vaguely recall something about a contract grievance along the way that only took 2 years to resolve.

Now the team is bringing him along too slowly so he's crying about that. But he not only cries - he wavers between "as long as we're winning it's all good" and "I'm healthy and they are just lying to you fans about me."

All Arrington has done since he's been here is combine the occasional playmaking ability on the field with a whole $hitload of crying, whining, finger-pointing, blaming of owners, coaches, agents, bad luck, coaching changes, scheme changes, etc.

Maybe you should be explaining to me how exactly he DOES fit? :(

Something tells me Williams will find a way to fit his schemes around LaVar's talents a little bit more in the coming weeks...instead of insisting LaVar become someone else.

You didn't read the Williams chat, did you? If you did, you would have read that he does adjust his defense to his personnel.

Sure, Lavar can be a playmaker. The problem is, you don't want him to be a playmaker for the other team by making mistakes. It seems obvious to me that while he has all the talent in the world, the coaching staff isn't impressed by his play so far and is more comfortable with the people who are in right now.

Jason

I think it all comes down to he freelances to much. Is it because he thinks he's superman or because he doesen't know his asignment??? Only he knows.

Remember the game against tampa a few years ago when Sapp called him "wrong way" or something to that effect.

I was alway in the camp that thought having all these different schemes hurt him, but maybe changing so often caused the coaches to cut him slack cause he was learinging a new system. Now we have the same coaches in place for a couple years and that excuse is gone.

Lavar has the athletisism of LT, but just doesn't seem to understand or have anywhere near the feel of the game and LT type player has.

I hope he becomes a monster cause that would help the skins and I love the skins. I do however trust this staff and if he is not playing its because they feel he will do more harm than good.

Don't trade Arrington. Whatever the problem is with Arrington and Williams they need to fix it. Lavar is the next best thing to Lawrence Taylor (in this generation) for crying out loud. Imagine how good that the D would be with this beast turned loose and wanting to kill. Why couldn't we have put him in on that last scoring drive that Seatle had ? Do you think that a fresh, ticked off at the coach, mad at the world, #56 wouldn't have made a difference ? He has the capability to single handedly stop Seatle on that scoring drive. Maybe Williams has been reading a few to many of his newsclippings or Arrington has an ego problem as well. Whatever it is aint important just fix it now ! If he thinks he is so bad that he can do whatever he wants then he just has to prove it on sunday. Let him play !:redpunch: If he doesn't produce then do what you must but remember he took out Aiky Breaky for good.:applause: You don't get to play linebacker because your the coaches' son.

I agree completely. People are also jumping on the media's bandwagon too quick. LaVar hasn't said anything, this is all the media so far. We are 3-0 and they can't stand it. 3-0 and they are still trying to stir up a soap opera. I also don't buy LaVar doesn't fit into the system talent-wise (maybe LaVar and Williams are coming to terms mentally), Greg Williams may be disciplining him or working things out with LaVar, but that doesn't mean it cannot work out. LaVar has always been a supporter of his coaches even under duress - Joe Paterno, Marty Shottenhiemer, Spurrier and even Marvin Lewis when they weren't seeing eye to eye.. Wait it out folks, don't jump on the media bandwagon.

Archived