Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

If the refusal to play special teams or attend the meetings is a true story and not a blown up rumor then I really don't give a damn what happens to Lavar as far as playing time is concerned or about his future as a Redskin. He's lucky to have the opportunity to even be on the field and should be thrilled to contribute in any capacity whatsoever.

As for fit, I think we have to remember the Gregg Williams defense is based on keys and trusting your keys. These keys define what you need to do. If Arrington is having a hard time trusting his keys or reading them in the first place, then, indeed, he doesn't fit this system. I don't know if that's the case, but, you have to think the team practices and sees Lavar in practice and knows whether he's doing his job or not. This is a sharp staff. They are not trusting of Arrington for a reason.

i don't know...this isn't an issue to me. we are winning. the defense is the strength of this team. and we are winning. we can't cut or trade him. and we are winning. its a nonissue.

if i was lavar i'd play "teams" and dominate my ass off like trotter did last year. however gibbs and co would probably ignore him and leave him there. :doh: :laugh:

Maybe you should be explaining to me how exactly he DOES fit? :(

I agree there has been plenty of overhead. Thank you for enlightening me on a few of the above as I was quite unaware of such things as the luxury box and some of his comments.

To answer your question, he fits because he's the playmaker we need on defense. Sean Taylor may not be around for too much longer, and while this system has been working the past year and a half, I just don't think it won't get us to the SuperBowl without more pressure on the quarterback. 3 sacks is a little rough. Granted, offense needs work, but regardless, I think all parties would agree that if he can just be given an opportunity to make plays, everything will eventually work its way out for the best...for everyone.

You think we should trade him?

So people talk of trading him and then GW possibly gets a new job next year. We are left with nothing.

Allow me to be a tad selfish here. I got an authentic Arrington jersey for my birthday last month before all of this talk started. My first authentic I could actually wear and what happens? All of this and he may not be around too much longer. I told myself before and I should've listened. Piss on current player jerseys! If he looks to be heading out of town in the net several months then this jersey is up for sale. I haven't even got to wear it once!

If I recall correctly the main reason Gibbs was such an awesome coach was his ability to look at the player and use him to his strengths. Now I guess since Williams is the Defensive Head Coach Gibbs hasn't any say so? Yes the Defense is good, it's a matter of opinion if it would be better with LaVar in there, I myself tend to think it would be. I also think the best question to ask, is if Arrington is not mentally able to pick up the schemes why can't someone just tell him, GET THE QB, or KILL the RB? I think he has way too much potential to be sitting on the bench, I think a hurt LA is better than a journeyman like Holdman. Holdman hasn't shown me anything other than him taking the 11th spot on the defense roster. I would also think a 3 - 4 scheme with LA as either the MLB or weakside LB would be a good fit for him. Better yet I have heard all this talk about Williams and how he makes blitz packages.....Well hears a thought create a hybrid position for LaVar, similiar to a Roverback and have him line up all over the place and just create match up problems or create havoc, I mean please I think alot of what LaVar has said is wrong but you CANNOT have the highest paid, probably the best defensive weapon riding the bench. Williams also has a reputation for his Ego as well. Remember even a broke clock is right twice a day. I am with LaVar and where ever he goes I will follow him because I think talent alone he is a BEAST! Sam Huff knows alittle about LineBackers and Sam knows what I do, LaVar should be starting and he probably would have had 4-7 sacks already. IMHO......

just my 2 cents...

i hate the fact that lavar is not playing, i really do. i'm not gonna get into who's right or who's wrong. i just want him healthy and on the field helping us win. even before the game yesterday he was friendly with us fans and i have always appreciated him for that, on top of his football talents.

i hope everything works out for the best.

It's just sad to see that he is on the bench. He has so much potential and has shown good things in the past. With a couple trips to the pro bowl, he obviously should be playing in this league, if not for the skins, some team. I hope the skins can use him more even on special teams if need be.

Ok, we all know Lavar either didn't play at all or played very little as a coaching decision. We heard the Glazer report indicating Lavar was told he "doesn't fit" and was asked to play special teams, but balked. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what's going on with the situation.

Here's what I do know. Lavar is an emotional cat. He's got a radio appearance with John Thompson. If he has one of his emotional breakdowns, let's TRY very hard to create, oh, ONE thread about the situation and keep things contained there. We do not need 50 threads. Please help everyone out by restraining yourself SHOULD Lavar say something impolitic. He may be perfect. But, given how much chatter we already have on the topic, if he gets ugly with it, let's try to contain it some so the board dedicated to a 3-0 team isn't totally devoted to a player who's not playing for that 3-0 team.

Art.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! We sure don't need this site overwhelmed with idiocy about LaVar when we are basking in a 3-0 start to the season. That already happened with the QB lunacy when we were enjoying the 2-0 start and a FANTASTIC win over Dallas. A ton of negative crap really detracts from the site, and I greatly appreciate your attempts to keep it funneled so we don't have to see it in every thread we open!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Great job.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

can u listen to 980 after the "live" air on the internet? I've got a couple things to do until 5 and wont be able to listen in....

Arrington is an immense talent. He would help us out if he did exactly what he was told to do. With hope he gets to that point and life is good. Otherwise, it's hard to envision carrying that salary for a guy you don't want to play and who won't help you out in any other way -- assuming truth to the report.

At least we'll be getting John Abraham to help the pass rush :).

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what? John Abraham? eh? what?

Arrington is an immense talent. He would help us out if he did exactly what he was told to do. With hope he gets to that point and life is good. Otherwise, it's hard to envision carrying that salary for a guy you don't want to play and who won't help you out in any other way -- assuming truth to the report.

At least we'll be getting John Abraham to help the pass rush :).

Im confused we might get John Abraham for Lavar or is this just a guess;;when is the trade deadline anyways?

A lot of people are fabricating quotes that lavar has never said or even remotely hinted to.. I'm so sick of people have short memories. Since lavar has been here he's been about the Redskins. He's playing nice now and the only time in his career he didn't play nice that I'm aware of is when he freaked out on the media regarding the team's handling of his leg. I was critical of him because of that but damn, don't make up crap or assume he's a certain type of guy when you really have no clue.

My biggest worry is that we run Lavar out of town to the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys, and he proceeds to terrorize us for the next 10 years, and Greg Williams ends up taking a head coaching job someplace else, so we end up on the d00die end of the stick. Please don't let it come to that.

My biggest worry is that we run Lavar out of town to the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys, and he proceeds to terrorize us for the next 10 years, and Greg Williams ends up taking a head coaching job someplace else, so we end up on the d00die end of the stick. Please don't let it come to that.

Well that path seems oh so real. Williams will be gone and it will suck watching Lavar stomp a mud hole in our rear. I know the guy can't fit the system and I have seen him over pursue or play out of position to many times to count but can't the guy be worked with. If he goes anywhere else please let it be arizona or detroit.

Regarding the Lavar situation... the Redskins would be fools to even think about trading one of the best linebackers in the NFL. Now I am a big fan of what Greg Williams has done for our defense, but let's not forget the facts. Our defense has not been a problem for a couple years without Greg Williams, and some part of the reason for that was the talent on No. 56. Could someone please tell me, no disrespect to Holdman, if you look at the stats of tackles over the past 3 wins Holdman has 4 tackles is there anyboby out there believes that Lavar can not do what Holdman does and produces 4 tackles in 3 games, that is ridiculous. When Holdman steps on the field he does his job, but when Lavar steps on the field he puts fear in the opposing offense and they want to know where he is at all the time. I love Greg Williams and his scheme but with a talent like Lavar, who has made three pro bowls before Greg Williams got here, you just don't ask him to play special teams you put him on the field and call your scheme and watch him produce.

Well that path seems oh so real. Williams will be gone and it will suck watching Lavar stomp a mud hole in our rear. I know the guy can't fit the system and I have seen him over pursue or play out of position to many times to count but can't the guy be worked with. If he goes anywhere else please let it be arizona or detroit.

I love Lavar as well and I wouldnt want to get rid of him at all..however if we did I wouldnt want him to go to any NFC team at all cause that guy is crazy in a good way..he will come looking for us..lol!

Archived