Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

John Thompson is a babbling idiot......

he is running his trap about not painting Lavar with brush, or something.

HEY JOHN!!! Wake up from your stupor and read some quotes from Williams and Gibbs. They are painting the picture. Lavar is not in it right now. So Lavar is going to be sour. So what?

Thompson is an idiot, sorry. How one man could talk so much but say so little is beyond me.....

Yes, criticise a hall of fame coach. A mentor of talent, someone whos oppinion you should respect.

I think everybody here is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Not playing Lavar hasn't hurt our defense. And I know the agreement taht Lavar could push this team to first in the league with his play, but I am more then happy with an undefeated team and a #3 ranked defense. What Lavar could bring to the table we all know, but the idea that he doesn't fit into any schemes they do is rediculous. They could just blitz him every play and I think he fits whatever scheme they have fine. But, that isn't my decision. Lavar isn't movable, and this team is finding ways to win, which is all that we want. But people are still making a big deal out of nothing. Not only that, is there any print or follow story to what Lavar said or are we taking Tim Glazer's word for it.

Yes, criticise a hall of fame coach. A mentor of talent, someone whos oppinion you should respect.

Basketball, not football.

I respect what the guy has done in College Basketball, but he's a big load as far as being a human being goes and knows less about Football than my younger Sister.

I went to Broad Run High School in Ashburn. He came personally to scout a kid named Jason Hemingway (who was highly touted) back in '90 or so. Home game. Jason fouled out near the end. Thompson got up a walked out, never to be heard from again.

John Thompson is a babbling idiot......

he is running his trap about not painting Lavar with brush, or something.

HEY JOHN!!! Wake up from your stupor and read some quotes from Williams and Gibbs. They are painting the picture. Lavar is not in it right now. So Lavar is going to be sour. So what?

Thompson is an idiot, sorry. How one man could talk so much but say so little is beyond me.....

Couldn't agree more. While I respect what JT had done and is.......there is noone more oblivious to any other sport than the one he participated in on the radio than that man. It's actually comical to hear just how clueless he is.

Nick, is that you? This is Kenny Ball. I graduated Broad Run in 1992.

Hollee sh1t!!!

What's happening, Kenny? I was just thinking about you the other day, actually, because I'm moving to Leesburg in the Spring and wanted to see what happened with Waxie Maxies... ;)

How you doing?

Ohhh my how fickle we are. Seems to me like no one really wants to talk about what really happend at Fed Ex yesterday. Greg William's defense almost cost us that game. He was trying to make a statement while 92,000 paying customers watched a two touchdown fourth quarter lead slip away. Not playing someone for the reasons they are not playing Lavar just doesn't get it done in the NFL. You are playing with assets. Assets only have value when they are in a position to perform. This team has invested millions of dollars in an asset that they are keeping idle. If you play Lavar in that game yesterday and he doesn't perform then you know what you have and your assets will have a stated value. This allows you to make a more informed decision on how to handle your asset. With the way today's NFL is structured your first and foremost commitment is the commitment to placing your best players on the field and positioning them to succeed. Taking game time to make examples out of people is great in High School and even College. The NFL doesn't work this way. If we continue to handle this situation as we have so far we are going to end up loosing our asset, most likely to an NFC East team, we are going to end up keeping that asset on our books financially while it is performing for a competitor. I personally don't want to see that happen. So play the guy. Let him silence his critics or back up his detractors.

As for the way we have been playing in general, not going to get it done. We had two delay of games. One after a TV timeout, and one while we were setting up for a game winning field goal in overtime with a rookie undrafted free agent kicker. Not to mention that we had a miracle go our way when we threw an interception inside our thirty with less than a minute left to go in a tie ballgame. Sure good teams will squeak out a win here and there but they will also soundly win the ones they should win at home.

We are far from being a good team. I couldn't be happier to be 3-0. But, be optomistic? no.

The Skins know what they have in their "asset" Lavar Arrington. Answer: Not much. They don't need to play him and risk losing an important conference game to learn that lesson.

But lemme guess - I bet you were one of the thousands who cried bloody murder when Pierce went to the Giants and McCants went to the Eagles? Perhaps when Gardner went to the Panthers? Or when Ramsey was benched. Seems like all were adequately replaced at the very least.

But your couldn't be happier with 3-0, eh? Doesn't sound that way to me.

The bottom line is that the team is winning while the staff figures out the best way to make up for the team's shortcomings. That's an enviable position to be in. There are a bunch of teams right now that have 0 or 1 win while they try to fix the leaks. We are undefeated. Do you honestly feel like Gibbs and Williams should be pondering fiscal responsibility and playing players according to their salaries over fielding the team that gives us the best chance to win? You sound like a nerd.

Maybe you should take in a few games before spouting off? :)

Basketball, not football.

I respect what the guy has done in College Basketball, but he's a big load as far as being a human being goes and knows less about Football than my younger Sister.

I went to Broad Run High School in Ashburn. He came personally to scout a kid named Jason Hemingway (who was highly touted) back in '90 or so. Home game. Jason fouled out near the end. Thompson got up a walked out, never to be heard from again.

Yeah so? Sounds more like you've got sour grapes that don;t concern football here more than anything else. I listen to Jon Thompson all the time and he has never some across to me as someone who thinks he knows a lot about football. Thants not his thing.... He's just a former coach with an opinion and a damn pleasant way about him as far as I'm concerned.

You guys are all over this guy for what? He likes Lavar but he's a coach too... He's not stupid just a simple kinda guy. Remember what Joe Gibbs says... It not all about football, its about people!

Simply put, Gibbs and Williams are on record with this subject. As a "HOF Coach" one would expect Thompson to illustrate how important it is that Arrington get with the system that Gibbs and Williams has put in place.

Instead he goes on a tangent about Allen Iverson and how systems should be built AROUND him. Then using that analogy to challenge the coaches of the Redskins. Then someone comes out with the "GANGSTER MOVE" against Arrington.

I am calling BS on this show. His opinion is crap.

Very good! I'm in Harrisburg, PA for 3 years now. Married to Joanna Dill and have a 5 year old son. Still and always will be a diehard Skins fan. I am surrounded by Eagle fans which sucks. HAHA!

That's awesome, man. Congrats to you two! Tell Joanna I said hi... :cheers:

I'm obviously stil here. Not married yet (next year), but I do have a couple cats and a black lab... :laugh:

Yeah so? Sounds more like you've got sour grapes that don;t concern football here more than anything else.

Sour grapes? John Thomspon never affected anything in my personal life, career, or otherwise. He just never impressed me and his knowledge about the NFL (even the 'Skins in particular) is sketchy at best.

Archived