Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

I agree there has been plenty of overhead. Thank you for enlightening me on a few of the above as I was quite unaware of such things as the luxury box and some of his comments.

To answer your question, he fits because he's the playmaker we need on defense. Sean Taylor may not be around for too much longer, and while this system has been working the past year and a half, I just don't think it won't get us to the SuperBowl without more pressure on the quarterback. 3 sacks is a little rough. Granted, offense needs work, but regardless, I think all parties would agree that if he can just be given an opportunity to make plays, everything will eventually work its way out for the best...for everyone.

You think we should trade him?

I don't think anyone who has been a Redsksin fan for any length of time doubts that he's a playmaker. Will we make big plays if he's in there? Have more sacks? Big Hits? Forced fumbles? Yes, yes, yes, yes.

However, based on what the staff has seen from Lavar in 2 offseasons and a handful of games and practices over 2 years, they feel that he will also be a player who hits the wrong gap, covers the wrong guy, overruns more plays and blows more assignments then whoever else is in there.

While the highlight reel plays may be more stimulating to the average fan and the blow assignments mere annoyances, the staff obviously disagrees

Players like these are coach killers. Marvin Lewis was the first coach to shed light on this in 2002 when he openly criticized Arrington for not getting with the program. He forced him to play a position that would limit how much thinking he had to do - defensive end.

To play players like this compromises the integrity of the defense. It sends a message that individual play will be rewarded over team play. Worst of all, it would make this coaching staff look very hypocritical for preaching accoutability and intelligence over talent and athleticism.

To answer your other question - yes I would trade him. But the dead money that accelerates against the cap makes it a dicey proposition. There's really no easy way out of the mess. Unfortunately, Arrington will probably be nothing more than a painful example to our young players like Rogers, Taylor, and Campbell about what your fate becomes when you fail to do your job.

If Marcus Washington goes out every now and again on teams' date=' then Arrington should follow suit. Washington has produce 100X what Arrington has too.[/quote']

I have no idea what you just said. Can you please re-phrase that in proper English, so that non getto people like myself can understand it.

Hey you dump truck, he said Marcus Washington goes on Special teams on Occasion, then so should Arrington. Why should he refuse when other players don't. As I last recalled, Washington was a pro bowler last year and Arrington was hurt...again.

How bout we trade Arrington for Rothlisberger? Pittsburgh native... legend? Who else on that team is worth a Lavar?

Lavar is worth more than a Ben Rothlis whatever..thats for sure if anything we need to get some cash or a draft pick and a player for him cause Lavar is awesome I would hate to see him go. Maybe if we got a real good defensive end for Lavar..anybody have anybody in mind?

What about Dwight Freeney..Jason Taylor or Kevin Carter from Miami..or..Richard Seymour since they need help at the linebacker position and we need help at defensive end it would help both of us. How about..Kyle vanden Bosch from Tennessee..Simeon Rice from Tampa..Leonard Little from St. Louis..Bryce Fisher from Seattle..also there is..how about a Bryant Young..that would be nice..maybe even a Jevon Kearse but I know that wont happen..even a Julius Peppers though Im sure he will be a franchise player over there in Carolina..even Patrick Kerney from Atlanta would be great to put a little pressure ya know...and last Bertrand Berry from Arizona..so those are my thoughts and who knows even maybe a linebacker for a linebacker!

I've read a few articles in my past....Gibb's and Williams had great things to say about Lavar prior to last season. I think this has very little to do with Lavar's play making ability on the field...but everything to do with his lack of "team comes first attitude" off the field....sure Lavar is saying the right things now.....I'm sure the Coaching staff may of told him they dont need him and it would be in his best interest to keep a low tone until a trade is made......One article that I read that stuck out was about M. WAshington....Marcus had surgery prior to this years training camp..... And the article had Gibbs praising him for his fast recovery...Gibbs said Washington came to redskins park and worked his tail off with the conditioning coach to make sure he was ready for camp.....Gibbs said he needed others to follow Washington's great work ethic....not only did Gibbs praise Washington....but said Marcus was the only pro bowler from last year...gibbs said....If marcus can find time to come in here and work his tail off...so should the others that are in a similar situation.

Where was Lavar? I'm sure Gibbs would love for Lavar to be that team leader like Washington......But Lavar needs to want it...not Gibbs.....Lavar has cried over his pay vs leading like a leader should.

I also learned from Gibbs and his past......Gibbs will play that 5th rounder over a 1st rounder if that 5th rounder shows he is the right fit and deserves to play over that 1st rounder....Gibbs wants guys with great attitudes...... if your top notch player disrupts chemisry verbally or doesnt show up to better this team.....Gibbs will sit him no matter who he is......Remember guys.....The Redskins are a team....the Redskins are not Lavar Arrington....... PS....J Abraham would be a great fit for our D line....I say lets do another trade with the Jets.

Ohhh my how fickle we are. Seems to me like no one really wants to talk about what really happend at Fed Ex yesterday. Greg William's defense almost cost us that game. He was trying to make a statement while 92,000 paying customers watched a two touchdown fourth quarter lead slip away. Not playing someone for the reasons they are not playing Lavar just doesn't get it done in the NFL. You are playing with assets. Assets only have value when they are in a position to perform. This team has invested millions of dollars in an asset that they are keeping idle. If you play Lavar in that game yesterday and he doesn't perform then you know what you have and your assets will have a stated value. This allows you to make a more informed decision on how to handle your asset. With the way today's NFL is structured your first and foremost commitment is the commitment to placing your best players on the field and positioning them to succeed. Taking game time to make examples out of people is great in High School and even College. The NFL doesn't work this way. If we continue to handle this situation as we have so far we are going to end up loosing our asset, most likely to an NFC East team, we are going to end up keeping that asset on our books financially while it is performing for a competitor. I personally don't want to see that happen. So play the guy. Let him silence his critics or back up his detractors.

As for the way we have been playing in general, not going to get it done. We had two delay of games. One after a TV timeout, and one while we were setting up for a game winning field goal in overtime with a rookie undrafted free agent kicker. Not to mention that we had a miracle go our way when we threw an interception inside our thirty with less than a minute left to go in a tie ballgame. Sure good teams will squeak out a win here and there but they will also soundly win the ones they should win at home.

We are far from being a good team. I couldn't be happier to be 3-0. But, be optomistic? no.

they just ran the halftime thing from Howie long......

John is wanting LaVar to come on and "clarify" things...

John,"what's going on Doc?!"

Doc:"He (LaVar) is looking forward to joining us"

and also commenting on his pre-game warm ups...as if he was not expecting to be in the game early..

Lavar was the only player on the team yesterday to have a wristband on his forearm that had the plays on it. To me it is very dissapointing for several reasons.

1. He's had over 17 months to study the defensive scheme.

2. He possibly has a learning handicap that the team hasn't addressed.

3. He's a good Redskins and this must be humiliating for him.

4. Perhaps it's the reason he has freelanced so much..aka...Wilbur Marshall.

The number one priority is to get Larvar playing at his best, if doesn't understand or can't memorize the gameplan and scheme's. The coaches need to help him. Maybe he's a visual learner and or has memory issue's

Agree totally, don't tell me WH is way better than LA, if our coaches can't

coach a talent like LA....wtf? He is a Pro Bowl monster!

John: athleticism (re: Allen Iverson) ...."special Talent"...need to let him play and cannot expect him to be something he is not (read disciplined player....??)

John: "lets not paint him with a brush that is not accurate......(charles smith analogy from Georgetown days......LaVAr does not have a bad attitude or etc.....(in John's opinion)

Al: "why not LaVar especially during long drives late in the game?"

John: "He has to be hurt"

Doc:' this is a 'gansta move' (ie. using playing time to get message to player), or he is hurt"

We could package Lavar and Patrick to the Jets for what maybe two 1's, two 2's and maybe two 3's. Whaddaya think? And replace them with six players for around two million a year each.

What? I think that is the biggest homer trade scenario ever. That being said. I'd take it

Some of these trade ideas are just silly. He's a backup right now. A backup with a lot of (recently) unrealized potential. No other way to spin it. Teams don't give up the farm for a backup. Marshall Faulk in his prime went for a 2nd and a 5th.

trading LaVar now is not as easy as some would make it since the perception is he has likely faalen out of favor here.......not exactly the best leverage to deal with.....

so those that want this set your sights low and realisticly...

John Thompson is a babbling idiot......

he is running his trap about not painting Lavar with brush, or something.

HEY JOHN!!! Wake up from your stupor and read some quotes from Williams and Gibbs. They are painting the picture. Lavar is not in it right now. So Lavar is going to be sour. So what?

Thompson is an idiot, sorry. How one man could talk so much but say so little is beyond me.....

Archived