Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins 3-0, Who will be the biggest factor against the Seagulls?

SoCalRedskinFan

I'm going with Portis, but not just because he's the usual easy choice.

I think we know that Gibbs trusts Brunell a lot more than Ramsey. He also saw against Dallas that Mark CAN take the shot downfield and make opposing teams pay. I think Gibbs will go deeper in the playbook and deeper down the field this week, which will force Seattle to back off the line.

And as we all know, backing out of the box when CP is running the ball can be hazardous to your defense.

Our defense has proven they're still here from last year. Our offense needs to show we're willing to use the entire field throughtout the entire game, stretching it with bombs, jamming it with runs, etc.. Defenses are a little too comfortable with our offense which is why Dallas lost, because what we did to them (considering the way we've played this season and most of the last) had to appear out of character.

The Skins defense needs to shut down Alexander and make Hasselback beat us. Alexander has put up at least 140 yards in his last two games. The Skins are allowing only 65.5 yards on the ground per game. If the Skins can shut down Alexander like they did to the Jones brothers, the Skins will win the game. Hasselback has been average quarterback with only Darrell Jackson as the recieving threat.

Solid oline play will make or break us in this game. Without it we'll see a crappy run game and no pass protection for Brunell to get the ball down the field to Santana or Patten.

If our line plays better than it has up to this point than we're gonna score more than 2 TD's. If not we're gonna continue to struggle until the line becomes a cohesive unit.

I'm curious how often Brunell will go deep. I hope we get away from our conservative ways. But, I expect Sean Taylor to be the deciding factor in this game. 1 FF and 1 int.

I don't think we'll need to go deep. I think CP is going to have a huge game and Brunell won't even have to throw the ball! :)

Well, okay, maybe a little bit. I bet he takes at least 3 or 4 shots downfield. Just enough to get Seattle to back off the line, hopefully.

Archived