Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd SEASON OF LOST PREMIERES TONIGHT!

TK

LOL...I'm totally blown away myself man...I'm not getting the Desmond thing at all???

I missed the first half of the episode ( :mad: ) because of a business dinner.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe Desmond is somehow running everyone's lives... like they were in a virtual reality and 'woke up'

i.e. Matrix.

maybe?

I am still digging this show, but they better have some damn good reasons why the dude in the hatch has electricity and the "other" dudes had a boat that used gas, and because they are the "others" they have used it before.

There better be a shell station on the other side of the island along with an oil rig offshore with an underground pipeline.

Things I Saw on the Lost Messageboard

In the beginning, Desmond injected himself with something with "CS 4 8 15 16 23 42" (the numbers) written on the bottle. IT was probably a steroid making him strong enough to pull Kate somewhere. Also, Ethan was super strong.

Desmond also said to Jack in the stadium that he would "see you in another world"

The painting underground had 108 on it which is equal to all the numbers summed.

8:15 was the time of death for the man in the ER with Sara.

23 and 42 were used to open the safe/locked room w/ the guns in the hatch.

Something very interesting on the LOST messageboard:

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

maybe this place is a biological weapons missile silo. that would explain why it says quarentined, and the old machines/60's music. remember when locke was "paralyzed"? there is a theory that he is a CIA operative, (or something of the like) and he has been tracking down this weapons silo. he was undercover, as a paralyzed person. that would explain his extreme trust in the island. he was obsessed with the hatch, knowing how important it is. he seemed like he was expecting to see this guy with a gun.

can someone explain to me what the big deal about this show is? i've watched it and don't get it...maybe because i don't really get all excited about the planecrash on an island thing...but i just don't get it and feel like i'm missing out for some reason.

You my friend are a sick and demented fellow.

:mad:

Keep watching until you like it, and then come back on and apologize.

j/k

:D

This is the best show on TV ever IMHO.

The show is deep. At this point, Jacking meeting the same guy he met 5 years earlier makes no sense, but I'm sure there will be a great explanation.

I was really worried that they were going to start season exactly like they started season 1, except with the tail part of the plane and then go into the character development with the second group of survivors. Glad they didn't, I was dying to see what was down the hatch...

This is the best show on TV ever IMHO.

The show is deep. At this point, Jacking meeting the same guy he met 5 years earlier makes no sense, but I'm sure there will be a great explanation.

I was really worried that they were going to start season exactly like they started season 1, except with the tail part of the plane and then go into the character development with the second group of survivors. Glad they didn't, I was dying to see what was down the hatch...

I was really surprised that they actually showed them going down the hatch in this first episode. I was expecting them to wait for the others and also to learn a bit about those on the raft. This took the show in a completely new direction. I wonder though how we will get back to the story of the survivors on the island and those people on the other side?? It seems we have just taken such a massive detour into this mystery. After having seen the bunker, how can Jack, Locke and Kate not view this as more than a coincidence? Wow, what a show....

Something very interesting on the LOST messageboard:

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

....and I thought I had too much time on my hands....WOW! :laugh:

If this theory were true (at least as far as the show is concerned), I wonder if this has something to do with why "the others" are so fascinated with the children - Walt and Claire's baby? When I saw Desmond inject himself my first thought was that looks like the same needle used when someone jabbed it into Claire's stomach when she was pregnant (back when Jack thought she was dreaming it happened). Maybe they want the "genes" in an attempt to create another twin which will extend life some? Some of those characters do look like science experiments gone bad :) - especially that crew on the boat. Have to think on this some more...

It should be interesting to see if this Desmond guy appears in other character's flashback episodes? Or just Jack's? Somehow I think there is more to the Jack and Desmond story. Just seems odd to me that Jack would remember this dude from one chance encounter from several years prior to the plane crash.

Ah well...back to being soooooo confused again. It was a good break during the summer....but it's good to have the show back.

Go to www.oceanicflight815.com, to the left of "theory board" there is a barcode, click on it, type "theislandiswaiting", you get a surprise that supports the genetic mirror theory

That's pretty cool, but it's most likely a discarded idea they thought up. The title on the page is "Man of Science, Man of Faith", which was this episode, and this obviously didn't happen. That would be really crazy if it happened though. There'd be a lot more 'WTF?'s all over Lost message boards today than there already are!

That genetic mirror theory is really interesting, and is definitely a possibility. Though I don't know how it fits in yet, other than Rousseau and the numbers. I tried googling the guy's name and genetic mirror theory too, and found nothing. I have heard of something like that though, but I wonder if this theory is just someone's crazy imagination going wild (not to mention too that the name is spelled wrong).

"This is the best show on TV ever IMHO."

Agreed.

During the stadium scene, my wife sadi "I bet that's the guy from the beginning". I laughed at her.

I said the same thing, but I wasn't totally sure, but because of the hair, I did say that looks like the guy from the opening of the show. I was still 100% shocked when it was him.

When Walt showed up dripping wet and talked to what's-her-name in the jungle, my wife asked, "What did he say?" to which I answered, "I think he's talking backwards." Well, this morning the guys on Elliot In the Morning on DC 101 isolated and ran backwards their tape of that part of the show and...

...Walt was talking backwards he says (SOILER WARNING -- STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW):

"Don't push the button, the button is bad."

Archived