Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast: Ramsey denies requesting trade...

wilbur58z

With Gibbs it's perform or get off the field. He's all too familiar with the QB carousel. I think it's a good thing... how can you expect Ramsey to improve unless he's punished for his mistakes? This SHOULD make him work harder... Gibbs didn't say Ramsey has no future with the team.

If Brunell ****s the bed in the first half do you think we'll see Ramsey in the game after halftime... YES! You have to prove you belong in the NFL...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1611517#post1611517

At this point, I'd feel better about this suspossed trade request if someone had a few confirming quotes on it from either Gibbs or Ramsey. It seems like this started with Mort on ESPN (I never saw the 'Mort Report'). Nothing about a trade was mentioned on Comcast's Sportsnite or on Monday Night Live. I didn't hear anything about a trade on 980 with Bram during the Joe Gibbs show either. So how are guys like Mort & Schefter getting this trade story when the local guys aren't?

So, did Comcast have a direct quote from Ramsey this time?

With Gibbs it's perform or get off the field. He's all too familiar with the QB carousel. I think it's a good thing... how can you expect Ramsey to improve unless he's punished for his mistakes? This SHOULD make him work harder... Gibbs didn't say Ramsey has no future with the team.

If Brunell ****s the bed in the first half do you think we'll see Ramsey in the game after halftime... YES! You have to prove you belong in the NFL...

Did you watch the Redskins weeks 1-10 last year?

Sexton talks to the media. Ramsey didn't. I have no problem believing Sexton made the statements and the media attributed them to Ramsey.

As this is take #3 or so of the "Ramsey asks to be traded" situation you'd think that Ramsey would have learned to tell Sexton to shutup if he didn't want that statement attributed to him.

If Sexton spoke to the media at the very least Ramsey tacitly approved of the statement by not telling Sexton to shutup after the previous incidents. Maybe the words didn't come out of Ramsey's mouth, but given the past history of trade demands if words came out of Sexton's mouth it is as if Ramsey uttered them.

Ramsey needs to calm the hell down..i know he is a gamer and i know he wants to play but if he really did ask to be traded..it seems like he thinks that he is an all-pro QB or something...kind of weird

Sort of like the Madden superstar mode when you deman a trade and the game answers back "sorry no one is interested in you"

Well, in my 35 years of watching the Skins, this is the most ridiculous set of circumstances I think I have ever seen. Even Coach Allen dissing Sonny many a time from '71'-'74 was less than this, seeing that Sonny and Billy were both older, veteran QB's and learned to expect that type of treatment. Plus, as Pat and Mark are, they were close friends. And are to this day.

Frankly, I almost think if MB has a poor stretch of games and if Gibbs turns to Ramsey and Ramsey lights it up for 20 TD's in the second half of the season, it will not matter. Ramsey could throw 100 TD passes and the Skins would still trade him, because of ego (Gibbs and Snyder) and because it is Ramsey's contract year.

And if you were Patrick, would you want to sign a long term contract with a coach who stabs you in the back and an owner that did not care to protect your first two years in the league? I maybe dead wrong, but we have 12 years of Hell to look upon with very few silver linings in very few clouds to disprove that.

The Ravens need a QB worse than anyone now. Trade PR for Gibbs' own sanity and ship PR to the AFC. At least with the Ravens he will only torch you in scrimmages and once every 4 years as far as scheduling goes.

I never thought I would say that Gibbs does not know that heck he doing, but these last 20 months have proved me otherwise.

Ramsey needs to calm the hell down..i know he is a gamer and i know he wants to play but if he really did ask to be traded..it seems like he thinks that he is an all-pro QB or something...kind of weird

No, but he probably feels like the QB that deserves more than one quarter of the first game of the season to prove his worth to the team. After statements like 'Patrick is our quarterback, we think he can lead us into playoffs', I don't know why he may feel he deserves at least a whole game to validate the supposed trust of his head coach. I love Gibbs, but man he was quick with the trigger on this one....

Gibbs is simply trying to light a little fire under Ramsey's A**! Get him fired up to prove he's worthy of starting. Does anybody here really think Gibbs can't see that Brunell is completely washed up? Give it time and you'll see Ramsey on the field again VERY soon! Gibbs has done this very thing in the past maybe not so sudden but he has done it, so what would keep him from doing it now?

Something tells me that Gibbs like the overall offense better then last year, and that if Brunell had THIS GROUP around him last season, it would have been a different story. I mean lets face it, Jansen blocking Brunell's blindside is a hell of a lot more security then Ray Brown doing it.

Gibbs is simply trying to light a little fire under Ramsey's A**! Get him fired up to prove he's worthy of starting. Does anybody here really think Gibbs can't see that Brunell is completely washed up? Give it time and you'll see Ramsey on the field again VERY soon! Gibbs has done this very thing in the past maybe not so sudden but he has done it, so what would keep him from doing it now?

You might be right. This could just be a wake up call for the offense. It's just with the Redskin's past seasons, we have seen so many QBs come and go--during the season or after the season. I just want some consistent starting line-ups. Some calm in the rough seas that we call the Redskins. My nerves can't take this anymore---I'm running out Redskins merchandise to throw at my TV.

Something tells me that Gibbs like the overall offense better then last year, and that if Brunell had THIS GROUP around him last season, it would have been a different story. I mean lets face it, Jansen blocking Brunell's blindside is a hell of a lot more security then Ray Brown doing it.

very true! :applause: Only time will tell.

Does anybody here really think Gibbs can't see that Brunell is completely washed up?

We see it. The whole NFL sees it. And we are being laughed at yet again.

Gibbs does not. If he saw that MB was washed up, this thread would not exist. Instead, we are back to "As the 5 Yard Pass Turns".

As one who supported bringing in MB as a vet backup (though not with that contract, which should have happened after Free Agency started March 1 and would have been 70% less via the cap), I am far more disappointed in Gibbs than I am in MB or PR.

You do not run a football team like this and expect to win.

Archived