Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast: Ramsey denies requesting trade...

wilbur58z

Because it is so unnesscary. That is why.

The Iggles got skunked and T.O. was beaten bad by a 2nd year DB that is almost 6 inches shorter than he is and whose longest catch was as far as Brunnel can throw it. (23 yards)

Hopefully, Sean Taylor will scare him out to the sidelines and into a cheerleader like he did to T.O. last season. They are ripe for the picking.

I personally am picking the Pokes to win the division.

With Gibbs it's perform or get off the field. He's all too familiar with the QB carousel. I think it's a good thing... how can you expect Ramsey to improve unless he's punished for his mistakes? This SHOULD make him work harder... Gibbs didn't say Ramsey has no future with the team.

If Brunell ****s the bed in the first half do you think we'll see Ramsey in the game after halftime... YES! You have to prove you belong in the NFL...

Ok, by your logic, it took Gibbs 11 games last season to punish Brunell for his mistakes and barely more than 11 (game clock) minutes to teach Ramsey a lesson.

And with that encouragement to work harder, Brunell produced:

70 passing yards of offense

a 55 yard pass interference penalty (or interception depending on your outlook)

and he sacked himself when he tripped over his own feet.

Yeh, he improved. But barring injury, he won't bench him against Dallas. Gibbs has now put all of his chips behind Mark. His poker face is on and he is hoping he get dealt an ace.

As a fan, I hope he gets it. Otherwise...well, I remember last year.

:doh:

Something tells me that Gibbs like the overall offense better then last year, and that if Brunell had THIS GROUP around him last season, it would have been a different story. I mean lets face it, Jansen blocking Brunell's blindside is a hell of a lot more security then Ray Brown doing it.

It wasn't the blocking of the Blindside it was the Passes constantly hitting the dirt and the Winky Dinky Offense where he completes 1 and 2 yard passes all game, so they put 10 guys in the box cause NO ONE respected his arm. I mean come on how many balls fell short to a WIDE open Deep WR last year?? And if Patrick had a Better Rating and Played better LAST year with THAT group, Then he should do even better with THIS GROUP

:dallasuck

Well, in my 35 years of watching the Skins, this is the most ridiculous set of circumstances I think I have ever seen. Even Coach Allen dissing Sonny many a time from '71'-'74 was less than this, seeing that Sonny and Billy were both older, veteran QB's and learned to expect that type of treatment. Plus, as Pat and Mark are, they were close friends. And are to this day.

Frankly, I almost think if MB has a poor stretch of games and if Gibbs turns to Ramsey and Ramsey lights it up for 20 TD's in the second half of the season, it will not matter. Ramsey could throw 100 TD passes and the Skins would still trade him, because of ego (Gibbs and Snyder) and because it is Ramsey's contract year.

And if you were Patrick, would you want to sign a long term contract with a coach who stabs you in the back and an owner that did not care to protect your first two years in the league? I maybe dead wrong, but we have 12 years of Hell to look upon with very few silver linings in very few clouds to disprove that.

The Ravens need a QB worse than anyone now. Trade PR for Gibbs' own sanity and ship PR to the AFC. At least with the Ravens he will only torch you in scrimmages and once every 4 years as far as scheduling goes.

I never thought I would say that Gibbs does not know that heck he doing, but these last 20 months have proved me otherwise.

Lets see, Joe Gibbs have one 3 Super Bowls. Pat Ramsey 0. Joe Gibbs is a hall of famer. Pat Ramsey cannot make it to the Pro-Bowl. The Ravens have Anthony Wright who has proven he can win games. Why would the Ravens have two bums on their rosters throwing interceptions and not capable of reading defenses. The only thing Pat Ramsey will ever torch is a bench, why, because at best Pat Ramsey is a back up. I do not understand why people cannot get this through their head. Eli is starting to look like a better qb than Ramsey and he has been in the league all of one year and one game and did not play his entire first year might I add.

Well, in my 35 years of watching the Skins, this is the most ridiculous set of circumstances I think I have ever seen. Even Coach Allen dissing Sonny many a time from '71'-'74 was less than this, seeing that Sonny and Billy were both older, veteran QB's and learned to expect that type of treatment. Plus, as Pat and Mark are, they were close friends. And are to this day.

Frankly, I almost think if MB has a poor stretch of games and if Gibbs turns to Ramsey and Ramsey lights it up for 20 TD's in the second half of the season, it will not matter. Ramsey could throw 100 TD passes and the Skins would still trade him, because of ego (Gibbs and Snyder) and because it is Ramsey's contract year.

And if you were Patrick, would you want to sign a long term contract with a coach who stabs you in the back and an owner that did not care to protect your first two years in the league? I maybe dead wrong, but we have 12 years of Hell to look upon with very few silver linings in very few clouds to disprove that.

The Ravens need a QB worse than anyone now. Trade PR for Gibbs' own sanity and ship PR to the AFC. At least with the Ravens he will only torch you in scrimmages and once every 4 years as far as scheduling goes.

I never thought I would say that Gibbs does not know that heck he doing, but these last 20 months have proved me otherwise.

I can not argue with tha. I wish I could, but I can't.

so 70 yds. in 2.5 qtrs. of play is performing?

ramsey outperformed brunell, plain and simple. i'm still rooting like crazy, but there is definitely a little voice in the back of my head that's getting louder and louder saying "gibbs has lost it."

So Gibbs has been in the league since retirement a whole one year and one game and he has lost it. **** Vermeil in three years turned the Rams around. Can we not at least give Gibbs, who had won three Super Bowls to Vermeils 0 Super Bowls prior to coming back time to mold the team into his image. The Skins organization was too quick to give Marty the boot in return for who Spurrier? the man who turned the SKins into a court jester. The Skins have the defense to build off of since we had nothing else prior to Gibbs return. We as Skins fans do not have PATIENCE, due to not giving a coach OPPORTUNITY, to build the team to his desire.

So Gibbs has been in the league since retirement a whole one year and one game and he has lost it. **** Vermeil in three years turned the Rams around. Can we not at least give Gibbs, who had won three Super Bowls to Vermeils 0 Super Bowls prior to coming back time to mold the team into his image. The Skins organization was too quick to give Marty the boot in return for who Spurrier? the man who turned the SKins into a court jester. The Skins have the defense to build off of since we had nothing else prior to Gibbs return. We as Skins fans do not have PATIENCE, due to not giving a coach OPPORTUNITY, to build the team to his desire.

We'll see what happens. I have to say again that sub-100 yards passing is just as unacceptable a QB performance, and if we continue to see that from Brunell, I would expect Gibbs to yank him too.

Also, ES staff, perhaps we should consider taking "****" off the profanity list. It just looks a little funny reading comments about **** Lane or **** Vermeil or **** Parcells :dallasuck or ******** Johnson :dallasuck . Oh.

Big difference between Gibbs and Vermeil....Vermeil was in the booth for all of those years so he stayed current with the game. Gibbs was away from the game entirely with NASCAR....maybe that's why Ramsey was shown the pit after 3 laps.

i said there is a voice in the back of my head saying that.

personally, i'll give joe all the time he needs. but we, as 'skins fans, defend him to a T.

seriously, what did ramsey do to deserve this? he makes ONE bad throw.

he converted several 3rd and longs with strong throws that brunell can not make. he was robbed of a td pass by a bad call, then knocked out on a dirty hit the next play.

so what did ramsey do to get benched? or better yet, what did brunell do to earn the starting job? 70 yds in 2.5 qtrs won't beat the cowboys, that much i assure you.

it's amazing how the tone of this board changes w/ whatever gibbs is saying at the moment. if i had enough time, i'd go back to posts during last season after gibbs named ramsey the starter. it'd be interesting to see how people felt about the situation then.

So according to your age, you've been evaluating the 'skins since you were 4 years old. :rolleyes: Gentlemen, of extremeskins, I give you another troll/hater who has been leaving deposits on another Redskins forum :jerk:

I f you people really believe that this was based on one game you are fools. Ramsey had the end of last year where he looked good, not great. He looked terrible in training camp which I attended and terrible in the preseason. Gibbs is not confortable with him in the game. For the record, I love Ramsey, I wore my #11 to the game on sunday to prove it, but right now I'm scared to death with him in the game. He may make some great plays, but he's just as likely to fumble or throw a pick. I thought in the Pittsburgh game he turned the corner, but then he turned around and made the same bonehead plays that he always does.

This bashing of Gibbs is a bunch of crap. You don't have to agree with him, but the personal shots are uncalled for. Give it up or go root for someone else. We don't need you.

Gibbs is simply trying to light a little fire under Ramsey's A**! Get him fired up to prove he's worthy of starting. Does anybody here really think Gibbs can't see that Brunell is completely washed up? Give it time and you'll see Ramsey on the field again VERY soon! Gibbs has done this very thing in the past maybe not so sudden but he has done it, so what would keep him from doing it now?

You know he's washed up. I know he's washed up. Gibbs can't even buy a clue. He's old and senile and he needs to move to an assisted living facility. I only wish that WHEN Brunell screws up he would give him the hook. It won't happen. This is going to be an instant replay season. 9-10 games of ineptitude until he realizes he needs to save face and at that point it will be too late. Gibbs will have lost his job by the end of the season. :laugh:

I f you people really believe that this was based on one game you are fools. Ramsey had the end of last year where he looked good, not great. He looked terrible in training camp which I attended and terrible in the preseason. Gibbs is not confortable with him in the game. For the record, I love Ramsey, I wore my #11 to the game on sunday to prove it, but right now I'm scared to death with him in the game. He may make some great plays, but he's just as likely to fumble or throw a pick. I thought in the Pittsburgh game he turned the corner, but then he turned around and made the same bonehead plays that he always does.

This bashing of Gibbs is a bunch of crap. You don't have to agree with him, but the personal shots are uncalled for. Give it up or go root for someone else. We don't need you.

That's the thing. He threw a pick early in the Pittsburgh game, then proceeded to light it up. It seemed like the same type of play on sunday. He was making huge strides after that first initial mistake. At least he's doing the mistakes early in the game instead of late in the game like he used to do.

Mark Brunell is our guy, and if you truly support the Skins, you support whoever is on the field. It's like the Iraq war. You may not like the reasons for going to war, but you support the troops over there fighting.

Gibbs is a winner where he goes. We trust him to build us a winner again and he's calling the shots, not us couch potato coaches.

No player is above the team. But no coach is above the team either. I love Gibbs and all that he has done, but when Gibbs is gone, I will still bleed burgandy and gold.

i said there is a voice in the back of my head saying that.

personally, i'll give joe all the time he needs. but we, as 'skins fans, defend him to a T.

seriously, what did ramsey do to deserve this? he makes ONE bad throw.

he converted several 3rd and longs with strong throws that brunell can not make. he was robbed of a td pass by a bad call, then knocked out on a dirty hit the next play.

so what did ramsey do to get benched?

What has Gibbs been preaching all of last year and this year. NO TURNOVERS. How many turnovers did Ramsey have this pre-season? Did you see improvement? I can only speculate that Ramsey was also turning the ball over consistently in mini-camps, training camps, and in practice. Yes, Patrick made some plays to get some first downs, but he was also making plays for the other team by giving them the ball.

Brunell looks night and day from last year. Between him and Ramsey, only Brunell was able to complete deep passes during the pre-season. Not only does Brunell "not make mistakes" (according to Gibbs) he's throwing the ball more accurately right now than Ramsey.

or better yet, what did brunell do to earn the starting job? 70 yds in 2.5 qtrs won't beat the cowboys, that much i assure you.

Seriously, why didn't Gibbs start opening the Mouse Davis playbook and start throwing the ball around? What a dumbass. Point is that Brunell managed the game for the win by making some crucial throws without making a critical mistake. If you want stats, fire up Madden.

What has Gibbs been preaching all of last year and this year. NO TURNOVERS. How many turnovers did Ramsey have this pre-season? Did you see improvement? I can only speculate that Ramsey was also turning the ball over consistently in mini-camps, training camps, and in practice. Yes, Patrick made some plays to get some first downs, but he was also making plays for the other team by giving them the ball.

Brunell looks night and day from last year. Between him and Ramsey, only Brunell was able to complete deep passes during the pre-season. Not only does Brunell "not make mistakes" (according to Gibbs) he's throwing the ball more accurately right now than Ramsey.

Seriously, why didn't Gibbs start opening the Mouse Davis playbook and start throwing the ball around? What a dumbass. Point is that Brunell managed the game for the win by making some crucial throws without making a critical mistake. If you want stats, fire up Madden.

i'll leave the dumbass comment alone, except to say take that stuff to the espn boards.

i'm not worried about stats, but there are maybe 3 teams you beat in the fashion that we won on sunday. we just happened to be playing one of them.

what crucial throws did brunell make, cuz i didn't see many throws that looked anything beyond average.

it's funny how you preach about ramsey's turnovers to defend gibbs, but i'm sure you'd agree that one of them was bogus for 2 reasons 1) the call on cooley was horrible, michael irvin will probably go to the hall of fame for making that same play 1,000 times. they get that call right, and ramsey doesn't fumble on the next play, which leads me to 2) if the refs would call the WWE smackdown, we've got 1st and goal at the 5 instead of a turnover.

you can't have it both ways. you can't complain about calls and then use the result of those calls to defend gibbs.

i'll leave the dumbass comment alone, except to say take that stuff to the espn boards.

i'm not worried about stats, but there are maybe 3 teams you beat in the fashion that we won on sunday. we just happened to be playing one of them.

what crucial throws did brunell make, cuz i didn't see many throws that looked anything beyond average.

Third down scramble and completion to Moss on some sort of slant was the type of pass that Ramsey doesn't make because he doesn't scramble well.

it's funny how you preach about ramsey's turnovers to defend gibbs, but i'm sure you'd agree that one of them was bogus for 2 reasons 1) the call on cooley was horrible, michael irvin will probably go to the hall of fame for making that same play 1,000 times. they get that call right, and ramsey doesn't fumble on the next play, which leads me to 2) if the refs would call the WWE smackdown, we've got 1st and goal at the 5 instead of a turnover.

you can't have it both ways. you can't complain about calls and then use the result of those calls to defend gibbs.

Sure, one of those turnovers were bogus. He only had 2 in one quarter of play. That averages to 8 for the game after averaging 2 turnovers per game in 04 and 2 turnovers per game during the preseason.

Your strawman is really pretty, but I'm not arguing that Ramsey will not make a play nor am I arguing about offciating calls here. I'm arguing that Ramsey made too many mistakes last year, was warned by Gibbs over the offseason, and continued to make too many mistakes in the offseason, preseason, and in the game. There really is no disputing the cold, hard fact that Ramsey is averaging over 2 turnovers per game. Perhaps if Ramsey was putting up 21 points per game Gibbs could overlook it since Ramsey was still giving the team a net gain. But with Ramsey's lack of outstanding playmaking, 2 turnovers per game isn't going to cut it with Gibbs.

With Gibbs it's perform or get off the field. He's all too familiar with the QB carousel. I think it's a good thing... how can you expect Ramsey to improve unless he's punished for his mistakes? This SHOULD make him work harder... Gibbs didn't say Ramsey has no future with the team.

If Brunell ****s the bed in the first half do you think we'll see Ramsey in the game after halftime... YES! You have to prove you belong in the NFL...

With all that said, we will just keep going back and forth. We have to pick one of these guys and give them a chance. Since this was supposed to be Ramsey's job to loose, this decision is totally unfair.

Anyway, I am pissed because each and every year there is always crap with this team :mad: . No matter who the head coach is. You cannot win games and make it to the playoffs when you have no confidence in either of your QB's. :mad: :mad:

Does Sexton work for Patrick Ramsey or is it the other way around? If PR wanted to he could have told Sexton not to say that he asked for a trade. So if Sexton said he wants a trade than PR must want a trade, simple as that.

Poor little baby Patrick. Does his wife change his diaper too? Grow up and admit that you've got to get better at your craft and quit having your agent play the PR game for you. I mean, did you see how crappy he plays when he gets the chance? He's just not that good folks.

Archived