Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone catch "Quite Frankly" on ESPN2 this afternoon?(Skins related)

DieselPwr44

I normally don't watch this show(I can't stand Stephen A. Smith) but flipping through the channels today, I saw Joey T. and Sean Salisbury and they were Smith's guests discussing the upcoming season.

Anyway, Smith asks both of them for their final four, Theismann said:NFC, Washington and Atlanta and Smith and Salisbury nearly rolled off their chairs and into the floor. I thought to myself that:

A) I can understand their reaction but

B) Joe's got some testicular fortitude to go way out on a limb like that.

Salisbury proclaimed that if the Skins made the playoffs, he'd walk from Bristol to Washington in January. Joe replied "I'll follow behind you in my car..."

Joe also said that he thought Patrick could get it done this year and that in a few days, everyone would see.

I know he's biased,just like some of us here are. To say the least, it was very interesting to see the host's reaction and hear the crowd's reaction.

Pretty neat TV moment, thought I'd share.

Sean is just trying to make up for him hyping up the Skins' last year. He is now going the extreme opposite. I never really cared for his analysis anyways. To almost fall off of his chair is really ridiculous being that we were in every game last year pretty much, and its Gibbs' second year, but I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, Sept 11 can't come soon enough.

:helmet:

In rephrasing...

He seen the past and understands what "could" happen.

Its not something thats never happened before.

Its a match.. no spoon bending needed...

You just look at all of the puzzle pieces and make the call.

The chances are you look back and say SEE! I do my research..

or, you say it seemed within their grasp till Ramsey coughed up a hairball....

I try and stay around 8-8/9-7 but i just "feel" the repetition of the 2nd season comeback ....

For Joe Theismann to make and then STICK with this call is definitely wild. I wonder what he thinks he knows that the rest of the football-analysis world doesn't? He's assumedly close to gibbs and the organization so if there is something concrete to it, Snyder and Gibbs are staying hushed.

I'm gonna chalk it up to giddiness on Joey T's part. Gibbs is back and Theismann's overcome.

Joey T is the man.

All Skins bias aside, I think the guy is the best color man out there right now. I know a lot of people can't stand him, but he is only guy in the business right now that can consistantly make intelligent and original observations on the game action (not just Captian Obvious stuff). Aikman is decent, but the guy is vanilla as they come and he runs into bouts of Captain Obvious type commentary. Yeah, Joey T is ****y as hell and he has a penchant for making outlandish statements, but more often then not, the guy is right.

As for Screamin' A. Smith and Lughead Salisbury, I wouldn't expect any less from those clowns. Both of them represent all that is wrong with the so-called "Worldwide Leader In Sports". Much like Peter Queen and Dr. Z, I would actually be more concerned if those fools liked our chances.

I don't think the playoffs are all that much of a longshot. A couple of good breaks and maybe a few calls that don't go against us.

We were robbed blind last year esp. that bogus call in the Giants game where they called back C.P.'s TD!

If everybody buys into the system, then we kick a lot of FG and win by 3. I am all for winning ugly!

Should it actually come to pass, I think it is the job of each and every one of us to make Salisbury take that walk. I'd love to see Skins fans line the path and jeer at him along the way. :nana:

I don't think I'd waste my time watching this just like I don't waste any time watching ESPN these days (although I'll be taking peeks at Monday Night Countdown). If we make the playoffs he better walk! I'm tired of the Washington sports/Redskins haters. I was done with ESPN when they "fell out of their chairs" at the Wizards excitement about winning a playoff series for the first time in 20 years. To say they downplayed it is an understatement. When the Skins make the playoffs this year I expect much of the same.

Archived