Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone catch "Quite Frankly" on ESPN2 this afternoon?(Skins related)

DieselPwr44

Joe T. knows that a great OL is the main factor in achieving success on offense and he thinks the Redskins will have it this year. Along with a great RB and great defense the Skins should do well. Being a QB gives Joe T. a better perspective on Patrick Ramsey; and as such if Joe thinks Pat can take us to there then I am even more optimistic than ever.

Being a Redskins homer of course he is perhaps a little more optimistic than other prognosticators; but it also means that he has actually looked at the team.

I also think we will make it to the playoffs; and just maybe go all the way to the SB. I'm with you Joe.

Agreed, we cannot forget to publicly call the haters out at the end of the season with calls to their shows, visits to their chats, and emails when the Skins return to the Playoffs. Ramsey will continue to get better and by the 3rd game he will be the player that we have been looking for. Our D will be shutting teams out and our O will be scoring. I dont think that we will run up 30 or more points on teams but we will be good enough to win more that we loose. I am still saying 9-7 with a trip to the playoffs. Skins will finaly make their fan base proud to wear the Burgundy and Gold once again.

:cheers: :helmet: :cheers:

Sure, Joey T is biased, but he's also interested in the situation and he's been "down" on the Skins before...always throwing in caveats, "...if the Skins can, then..."

This year he's going head first into this prediction. I don't see why a team with a conservative offense and a punch-you-in-the-face defense can't make a serious move in the NFC.

I think the Redskins can get to 11-5 and win the division. If Ramsey plays 20 TD - 13-15 INT ball, then 10-11 wins is within reach.

I think it's great that Joey T is stepping up to the plate.

He's standing up for Gibbs because he knows first hand what Gibbs can do. Even if he is showing balls of steel by saying that at least someone is.

I've been trying to watch these NFL specials to get pumped up for the season but I can't watch for long because once they start talking about the Skins it's nothing but negativity. I can't wait till they start winning and they have to start eating there words. Even though they won't.

I've been trying to watch these NFL specials to get pumped up for the season but I can't watch for long because once they start talking about the Skins it's nothing but negativity. I can't wait till they start winning and they have to start eating there words. Even though they won't.

Ive been trying to get psyched as well for the season....totally agree...its almost a joke how predictable at putting the Skins down these so called "experts" are....how can you not recognise that the offensive line will not be offensive this year, and how can you not give respect to Greg Williams and the number three defense? Cracks me up. Well, I will be psyched up when I get to the stadium on Sunday :cheers:

Sean Salisbury is a never was, and, "quite frankly", who is Steven A.? Joe is the only ''gamer" in that group. It's always safe to pick the guys everyone thinks will win. I go with Joey T - Redskins to the dance!

Anybody besides me drinking the kool-aid? :point2sky :applause:

I hate Salisbury. If he does walk from Bristol to D.C. I may roll over to D.C. and uhh....make life not so safe for him. ;)

No seriously, Theisman's got balls to predict what he did on national TV. It's one thing to do in a magazine, but TV is way different. Even if he's a homer, he's ballsy. So props to JT for that.

Just let the season start already!

• 3 months later...

Joey's (my namesake) got balz, always has.

Salisbury has no moxie. He was a chump qb, now pretending to be an NFL analyst for ESPN.

I hope Salisbury is held responsible, in some manner, but you guys know how it is. "I was mis-quoted" or "it was taken out of context" :laugh:

Salisbury has shown himself to be a wimp when he loses and pretends to be a stud when occasionally, he wins a point :doh:

Well if he picked Atlanta, he is already half wrong. I like when people think seeing the Redskins make the championship crazy. It fuels our team and our fans.

Gibbs is a focused coach and I think his gameplan against the Eagles will be so good that we may score over 40 by the 3rd quarter

Quote me on that.

Here's the email I sent:

Sean,

WHEN the Redskins make it to the playoffs, will you be walking from Bristol to Washington as you promised in September on Quite Frankly? Every Redskins' fan is holding you to it. Good luck; I hope your legs don't fall off!

Sincerely,

Paul - a diehard Redskins' fan

Archived