Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone catch "Quite Frankly" on ESPN2 this afternoon?(Skins related)

DieselPwr44

It will e interesting to see if JT is right regarding Patrick. I too think he has what it takes.

I think the accepted average for an NFL QB to feel comfortable is what(?) 4 yrs or so? How many games has PR started? How many coaches and systems has he worked under? I wouldn't even write him off if this year if he isn't G-R-E-A-T.

With Gibbs improving and PR the starter and focus of all this attention, I think he'll be jammin come late OCT, just in time for a playoff run!

One thing Joe might want to keep in mind is that Ramsey gets off to slow starts in games and in the season. Give him a few weeks and then judge him, especially given the fact that he's still getting used to his WRs, his new offense, and the deep touch he's working on.

If you talk about Joey T then I dont think you will have to worry. Remember in Gibbs's first season when JT was all excited about playing Dan Fout in an Air Coryell's system? Then we went 0-5 and he stunk up the place. I don't know if you remember the story that Joey went to Gibbs' house to have a talk to "clear the air"... and make sure he still got a job.

I think he will give Ramsey at least 5 games :laugh:

Regardless of what any analyst thinks or feels in their gut......anything is possible. That was the case with the Bears and the Panthers just a few years ago. I think one fact is given......if whatever QB we have (hopefully Ramsey) can get it done, this team has a legit shot at anything. If the QB play is similar to last year than we can only expect similar results.

What makes me happy about Joey's bold prediction is that he actually spent some time at our training camp. I know it was the open to public camp, but did any of the other "experts" ever make it to our camp to see the offense and Patrick in action? I think alot of them dont really take the time to see the changes even the slight ones that will make huge impacts. We of course know better, as Redskins fans. :cheers:

Dont really recall him ever being a staunch supporter either in the last few years...not that there was much to cheer about...but I dont think he went out on a limb last year, despite Gibbs return, because he knew JG would need the time to adjust.

Here is to a great year, a great prediction...but more than that I would be happy with a chance at the playoffs with a vastly improved football team. :point2sky

I normally don't watch this show(I can't stand Stephen A. Smith) but flipping through the channels today, I saw Joey T. and Sean Salisbury and they were Smith's guests discussing the upcoming season.

Anyway, Smith asks both of them for their final four, Theismann said:NFC, Washington and Atlanta and Smith and Salisbury nearly rolled off their chairs and into the floor. I thought to myself that:

A) I can understand their reaction but

B) Joe's got some testicular fortitude to go way out on a limb like that.

Salisbury proclaimed that if the Skins made the playoffs, he'd walk from Bristol to Washington in January. Joe replied "I'll follow behind you in my car..."

Joe also said that he thought Patrick could get it done this year and that in a few days, everyone would see.

I know he's biased,just like some of us here are. To say the least, it was very interesting to see the host's reaction and hear the crowd's reaction.

Pretty neat TV moment, thought I'd share.

I think a lot of us see what JT sees. I dont think he is a total homer. Hes said plenty bad about the Skins in the past.

I think he my see some Rip in Ramsey like we have mentioned. He is projecting the possitive. The way I see it, It really all come down to what we get done at QB.

JT has a little more faith in Pat then I do at this moment.

His saving grace is going to have to be that, he is a better gamer then what we saw in the preseason.

Its not going to look any better then this for young P Ramsey. It could go either way for him. That being said. Guessing 50-50 on a QB on a team that is stacked around him, thats not a bad bet if you want to really shine on TV.

If he is right, he looks amazing. If hes wrong, so what.

I really think we are that close. An JT knows that is we start winning, we have to coaches and players to turn that into momentum and keep the focus.

If they get started, it going to be hard to start them. Kind of like Pitt last year. I think JT is making a great roll of the dice.

One thing Joe might want to keep in mind is that Ramsey gets off to slow starts in games and in the season. Give him a few weeks and then judge him, especially given the fact that he's still getting used to his WRs, his new offense, and the deep touch he's working on.

Ahhh Goldenster...preparing your excuses already? ;)

well any chance for an amazing season will have to come from Ramsey unless he is hurt after playing well.

If he falters with 1-2 and not looking good, then Brunell has to come in and get it done. We probably wont be better the 8-8 or 9-7. You would have to figure Ramsey would have lost at least 2 games. That mean Brunell would have to lead us to 8-5 for us to be 9-7

Hey, thats the playoffs.

But if you looking for something awesome like 10-6 or 11-5, thats most likely going to have to come from Ramsey doing well.

Just playing the odds. I guess anything can happen.

Joe T. knows that a great OL is the main factor in achieving success on offense and he thinks the Redskins will have it this year. Along with a great RB and great defense the Skins should do well. Being a QB gives Joe T. a better perspective on Patrick Ramsey; and as such if Joe thinks Pat can take us to there then I am even more optimistic than ever.

Being a Redskins homer of course he is perhaps a little more optimistic than other prognosticators; but it also means that he has actually looked at the team.

I also think we will make it to the playoffs; and just maybe go all the way to the SB. I'm with you Joe.

He knows something that YOU don't, I know it too, Ramsey ain't a bum, he has super star skills.

I don't think Patrick is a bum, I actually think he will be very good QB for Gibb's system, once he gain on-field experience with Joe's play book. But who cares what I think. JT seems to think highly of Patrick. On the 1/2 time show at the Raven game, they did a special on Patrick and from his comments, it sounds like they spend time talking shop a few times...

Archived