Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orton named Bears Starter(merged x 3)

Ricky Ervins

Seriously, we shouldnt be overconfident about any opponent. They beat ONE team last year by more than 10 points. Do i think we'll win on 9/11? Yes. Do i feel the need to run the Bears off the field? No.

QB may be the most important position on the field, but their are 21 other people on the field on every play.

This might be a tougher game than you think.....watched Bears vs Bills today.

Thomas Jones is a decent RB. Orton will have problems with Williams D.

The Bears D however, looked rather sharp.

I think we have a better O than Chicago's, but the D's both look pretty solid.

May come down to penalties or a turnover.......

FedEx Field better be outta control on Sept. 11. Orton will be rattled like no other. I say we kick to him if we win the coin toss.

:logo: HTTR!!! :helmet:

I did a Fire-up thread for the Pitt. game, I will do one for every home game.

It seemed to work....the Skins fans that showed at Pitt were pretty loud and proud.

:evil: BRING ON THE 12th MAN :evil:

---Make FedEx a hard place for opponents to play.

Let's just make sure that we can put up enough points. I have all the confidence in the world in Williams D. I think the opening day atmosphere coupled with all the blitzes this kid will see will be enough to keep the Bears to 10-14 points or less.

Orton would have to be an EXCEPTIONAL rookie QB to even come close to threatening the Redskins defense in this game. If he is we'll see and be amazed. This is an awfully rare thing to worry about though.

Add to that his first game as a rookie QB . . . on the road . . .

the Redskins offensive line is a lot better than Buffalo's. Chicago won't get the penetration that they did against the Bills in the opener.

I don't see the Bears scoring more than 10 points on the Redskins defense.

Orton could very well provide the Redskins defense with some points on INTs or fumbles.

i kinda wish we were going up against the eagles first.

I friggin' don't. I like what we have for appetiz- I mean, to start the schedule. Give us a cupcake to open up the season and establish some momentum. God knows we'll need it...week 2 is at Dallas on MNF.

Anyone want to go 0-2 heading into our ridiculously scheduled bye week? me neither.

Just think how few reps the kid has gotten in practice considering how far down the depth chart he was. Plus he hasn't seen one snap against a regular season, game-planned NFL defense.

With # 1 pick Benson just signing and Thomas Jones coming back, I think we'll see heavy doses of Chicago's running game in a couple of weeks.

Can't wait for the regular season to start.

Just from reading the comments on page one, I think it bears (no pun) repeating...

The Bears are a professional team.

It is not going to be easy. Should we win? Of course. Will we win? I think so...

but lets not discount ANYTHING.

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY... ;)

(I hate to be the gloom and doomer... I'm not trying to be. But you guys are scaring me with you confidence :) )

Obviously we aren't guaranteed anything, but have we been lucky matchup-wise in season openers or what?????

2002 - Home vs. the Cardinals (Spurrier's O actually looks good)

2003 - Home vs. Pennington-less Jets (also got the Vick-less Falcons in Week 2 I think)

2004 - Home vs. depleted TB team

2005 - Home vs. Bears with rookie QB and RB position in flux

Granted we haven't beaten the Bears, but things seem to fall into place for us in early September to give us great shots to start 1-0 every year...

This game I bet makes our coaching staff more nervous then any other game of the season. Just like the coaches back at college say, "Desperate teams do desperate things." WR reverses, flea flickers, fake punts and fieldgoals, special teams reverses...etc.. I was at the game a few years back when Chicago beat us on the fake field goal pass to Urlacher. Im sure coach Gibbs and Williams are planning very hard for these types of things. I agree with one poster who said we should sit back and make Orton beat us. Throw in an occasional blitz, but I think we can cause alot of turnovers just by having our athletes in coverage. By all means keep Springs on Muhammed.

This game I bet makes our coaching staff more nervous then any other game of the season. Just like the coaches back at college say, "Desperate teams do desperate things." WR reverses, flea flickers, fake punts and fieldgoals, special teams reverses...etc.. I was at the game a few years back when Chicago beat us on the fake field goal pass to Urlacher. Im sure coach Gibbs and Williams are planning very hard for these types of things. I agree with one poster who said we should sit back and make Orton beat us. Throw in an occasional blitz, but I think we can cause alot of turnovers just by having our athletes in coverage. By all means keep Springs on Muhammed.

I don't really consider the Bears a desperate team. I know that sounds dumb when they are starting a rookie QB, but I think they are not going to be very dependant on their QB to win games this year.

I believe their D is much-improved. If they can run a little, it should be a very close game. Obviously if we're able to stop the run then we can try to tee off on Orton a little bit.

Archived