Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orton named Bears Starter(merged x 3)

Ricky Ervins

Sucks to be him I cant wait to see that game. Realistically we should win, but you never know in the NFL!http://www.thehogs.net/forum/album.php ralph.gif

Kyle Orton has been named the Bears starting QB.

Hows this for an introduction to the NFL... Gregg Williams defense in week 1. Good luck, Rook.

Here is the article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2145275

Kyle Orton?

They'd be better off starting WWE Superstar Randy Orton.

21-3 Skins.

What a stupid quote. Why do you associate being a rookie with being sorry? Have you ever even seen Orton play in college? The guy is good. He's not just going to roll over and let us stomp them. Dont forget that Chicago has a great defense as well. If their defense keeps it close, then all he needs is one or two big plays.

Kyle Orton in college is of no importance at his position. Sorry but it is true.

Need examples ? Ryan Leaf and Heath Shuler.

Huh? Do you have any idea what you are saying? Showing the intangibles in college has alot to do with your role coming into the NFL. It is stupid to think otherwise. You do realize that with your ridiculous logic that there would be no need for a draft right? :rolleyes:

You do realize you just named 2 duds, and left out all of the other hundreds of QB's selected in years past right? The point of the post was you dont need to be Tom Brady to throw a jump ball up to Muhsin Muhammed. If the Bears defense keeps it close like they are more then capable of doing, then we could be a bunch of stunned Redskin fans.

Huh? Do you have any idea what you are saying? Oh no playing in college has no importance, so NFL scouts should just go to middle schools and pick up the best 14 year old. :rolleyes:

You do realize you just named 2 duds, and left out all of the other hundreds of QB's selected in years past right? The point of the post was you dont need to be Tom Brady to throw a jump ball up to Muhsin Muhammed. If the Bears defense keeps it close like they are more then capable of doing, then we could be a bunch of stunned Redskin fans.

I have realized recently that you sir are a drama queen.

Who gives a **** he could have TO, Moss, and Harrison as receivers, that doesnt mean he can get the job done.

Muhsin, haha, he may be more overrated than David Boston. He had a great year. good for him, he hasnt proven anything over the years to place him in such a great light that you are portraying him to be in.

I realize what I am saying obviously you dont. Rookie QBs have the hardest time adjusting to their position in the NFL. Big Ben was a fluke, if you dont realize that than you...NM, you havent been watching football that long.

I have realized recently that you sir are a drama queen.

Who gives a **** he could have TO, Moss, and Harrison as receivers, that doesnt mean he can get the job done.

Muhsin, haha, he may be more overrated than David Boston. He had a great year. good for him, he hasnt proven anything over the years to place him in such a great light that you are portraying him to be in.

I realize what I am saying obviously you dont. Rookie QBs have the hardest time adjusting to their position in the NFL. Big Ben was a fluke, if you dont realize that than you...NM, you havent been watching football that long.

Hmm l havent been watching football that long? And you know this how? Because you may be older then me, that doesnt mean anything. You have to know football to play it at the college level. Im a drama queen because you made a stupid comment? That makes alot of sense. Hmm let's see Muhsin is overrated. Yeah, you must be sucky to lead the NFL in receiving on an injury depleted roster. :rolleyes: So let me know when you get the point of my post. Never was I praising Orton or Muhammed. The point is if the Bears keep it close, all they need to do is connect on one big play. Testaverde was an old hag according to everyone last season but even he hit Crayton to beat us.

Hutchinson is awful. I watched Orton play a couple weeks ago against the Dolphins; he actually looked very good (against scrubs). He made some nice throws and good decisions. But then he threw a pass from his own 10 yard line or so right to a Dolphin, TD. Hopefully he'll throw a couple of those to our corners!! :cheers:

I just hope the D, doesn't underestimate him. He would have been a heisman canidate/1st round pick if he didn't get hurt last year. But I think we'll dominate that game imo.

How many Heisman candidates/1st round picks have wowed anyone in their first game of their career as a rookie?

What a stupid quote. Why do you associate being a rookie with being sorry? Have you ever even seen Orton play in college? The guy is good. He's not just going to roll over and let us stomp them. Dont forget that Chicago has a great defense as well. If their defense keeps it close, then all he needs is one or two big plays.

:rolleyes:

I don't think he's sorry.

But it's his first ever REAL NFL game against the best D in the NFC from last year that has arguably gotten stronger(if at least scarier with Lavar back).

Our D held them to 3 points last year(the other 7 came off an INT return)and it isn't feasible to think we can do it again. Yes they have Moose at WR but they still don't have a QB to throw it to him. Plus Springs and Taylor shut down TO which means they should be ready for Moose.

We managed 13 points against them with a weak OL, slower WRs, and a bum QB. Upgrades at all 3 of those and I don't see how we scoring a mere 8 points more isn't out of the realm of possibility.

:rolleyes:

I don't think he's sorry.

But it's his first ever REAL NFL game against the best D in the NFC from last year that has arguably gotten stronger(if at least scarier with Lavar back).

Our D held them to 3 points last year(the other 7 came off an INT return)and it isn't feasible to think we can do it again. Yes they have Moose at WR but they still don't have a QB to throw it to him. Plus Springs and Taylor shut down TO which means they should be ready for Moose.

We managed 13 points against them with a weak OL, slower WRs, and a bum QB. Upgrades at all 3 of those and I don't see how we scoring a mere 8 points more isn't out of the realm of possibility.

It stronly implies by comparing him to a wrestler that you think he is sorry. I dont think hes the greatest of QB's myself. All im saying is if their defense keeps it close all he needs is one or two big plays. Even a broken clock is right two times a day. Taylor and Springs absolutely clamped TO, but it only takes one slip in coverage when the game is close. Patrick Crayton probably wouldnt make half the teams in this league, but he sure caught a TD to beat us.

Hmm l havent been watching football that long? And you know this how? Because you may be older then me, that doesnt mean anything. You have to know football to play it at the college level. Im a drama queen because you made a stupid comment? That makes alot of sense. Hmm let's see Muhsin is overrated. Yeah, you must be sucky to lead the NFL in receiving on an injury depleted roster. :rolleyes: So let me know when you get the point of my post. Never was I praising Orton or Muhammed. The point is if the Bears keep it close, all they need to do is connect on one big play. Testaverde was an old hag according to everyone last season but even he hit Crayton to beat us.

Yes, because you are younger. I have been following football and playing since before you were born. And I know football.

If you think you calling me out is the only thing that makes you a drama queen, you arent paying attention to what you post.

Anyway,

An injury depleted team. You said it right there.

What were Delhommes weapons ? A Rookie (Colbert) or a vet. Answer seems easy doesnt it.

Smith as their top WR was out, Their top RB (Davis) and the #2 RB (Foster) are out. He had what ? Nick Goings ? Unproven and untested. He had to go with Moose who BTW was playing for a contract. Take a peek at more than just last season for Moose and you will see that he is a player that only performs during contract years.

Your point is weak. Any team can often get by on "one big play". The Pats have one it, the Eagles have done it, every team does it.

Who did Crayton make that pass against ? A Rookie. Rookies have it hard in general, ask Troy Aikman.

I am not trying to argue, but I want you to see things from a different perspective. I see your points. Can you at least acknowledge mine ?

Yes, because you are younger. I have been following football and playing since before you were born. And I know football.

If you think you calling me out is the only thing that makes you a drama queen, you arent paying attention to what you post.

Anyway,

An injury depleted team. You said it right there.

What were Delhommes weapons ? A Rookie (Colbert) or a vet. Answer seems easy doesnt it.

Smith as their top WR was out, Their top RB (Davis) and the #2 RB (Foster) are out. He had what ? Nick Goings ? Unproven and untested. He had to go with Moose who BTW was playing for a contract. Take a peek at more than just last season for Moose and you will see that he is a player that only performs during contract years.

Your point is weak. Any team can often get by on "one big play". The Pats have one it, the Eagles have done it, every team does it.

Who did Crayton make that pass against ? A Rookie. Rookies have it hard in general, ask Troy Aikman.

I am not trying to argue, but I want you to see things from a different perspective. I see your points. Can you at least acknowledge mine ?

I see your points. More then anything I was just trying to get the "any given sunday" point across. Didnt mean to come across as aggressive or calling you out. I agree Moose hasnt been the greatest wide out, i was only trying to state the fact he does have the potential to snag a jump ball here and there. No hard feelings over here man, I just dont want us to get too over confident only to be stunned. We have the potential to destroy the bears but things dont always go as planned.

Archived