Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Bond movie?

Spaceman Spiff

Russia.

And I really liked The Living Daylights. Liked the soundtrack. Thought Dalton actually came accross as being dangerous.

Liked the opening scene, especially when Bond "drops in" on the rich, bored woman, takes the cordless phone from her stunned fingers, says "she'll call you back", and hangs up.

Diamonds are Forever - Jill St. John was so damn hot. Plus it has some great lines:

The satellite is now over... Kansas. Well, if we destroy Kansas the world may not hear about it for years.

Plenty O'Toole is thrown out of the window by some goons perhaps from the 10th floor, and lands in the middle of the hotel's swimming pool]

James Bond: [looking down] Exceptionally fine shot.

Slumber Inc. Attendant: I didn't know there was a pool down there.

By the way, the reason I like From Russia With Love best is because it is the one Bond movie that really feels like it is about a Cold War Secret Agent. He's not some lame action hero improbably flying in a speedboat that turns into a hang glider so he can disarm a nuclear device hanging on the side of a blimp hovering over the United Nations building, or some crap like that.

He is a badass spy, and he is trying to get intelligence, and he can't trust anyone. It feels real, and it feels paranoid, and it is really great.

Goldeneye?!

When I was younger (and my heart was an open book ), I thought Live and Let Die was best, but ultimately I have to go with Connery. Goldfinger holds up the best when I want to watch a Bond flick now. But back in the day the most interesting Bond flick was Diamonds are Forever because it had the cool, Big-Wheel Tri-ATVs and the shocking, gay villians.

Goldeneye? :wtf:

Surely you're being sarcastic.

First of all, the best James Bond movie, and let me stress this here, HAS TO BE with Sean Connery. I might let Roger Moore slide, maybe. But Pierce Brosnan? You're off your rocker, and if you really think that GE is the best Bond movie, then you wouldn't know a good Bond movie if it crawled up your ass and pitched a tent in your spleen. If Goldeneye is the best Bond ever, then I'm Penelope, the One-Eyed Catfish.

From Russia with Love is my vote. It was truly a spy movie. Today's Bond movies are just re-tread, factory produced action flicks. All explosions and chase scenes. Tension? Suspense? Just afterthoughts from today's directors who are more concerned with marketing than they are with making a good movie.

Russia, Diamonds & Goldfinger...now those were movies.

Archived