Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Favorite Moment as a Redskins Fan

Taylor 36

A lot of people who have been fans since the Gibbs era are always torn between the NFCCG win against the Cowboys and the SB win against the Phins. I think we should all agree that the magical '82 run through the playoffs should be lumped together as four straight weeks of great times for the Skins. The Lions driving down for an early score when we get an INT return for a TD (was it Barry Wilburn or someone else?) and Alvin Garrett's big day in place of Art Monk; Riggo pounding the Vikes for a buck eighty-five; and what more can you say about the next two games.

Aside from the SB runs, I think my favorite Redskins moment was beating the Eagles at the Vet 20-6 in the playoffs, avenging the Body Bag Game and getting Buddy Ryan fired.

Yea im a pretty much younger fan 2 only being 18 but I really have to say that the return of Joe Gibbs over a year ago might be mine bc when he was first with the team back in the day I was 2 young to really grasp at what he was doin...I am just sad that my dad had to pass bc he loved Gibbs and I wanted to experience of his return with him..

I would have to say that cold January night last year, when we weren't in the playoffs but St. Joe decided he'd come back.

Although, I did go to that playoff game in 91 versus the Falcons. I will never ever forget that game. From everything to the fans talking smack to Deion, Mark Rypien lighting the hell out of Jesse Tuggle (I think) when he threw an int...

there was a '92 game at RFK versus Dallas where Aikman as hit while throwing. His arm had not come forward the whole way and i believe Danny Copeland scooped it up and ran it into the endzone for the win.

that was the greatest game i have ever seen (regular season yes, but still...)

Originally posted by Pharoah11

there was a '92 game at RFK versus Dallas where Aikman as hit while throwing. His arm had not come forward the whole way and i believe Danny Copeland scooped it up and ran it into the endzone for the win.

I remember I was watching that game my first year @ Central Missouri State. I was in my room at the Lambda Chi Alpha House with a 4 other guys. Two of us were pulling for the Skins and the other 3 just jumped on the Cowboy Bandwagon.

After that play I got up ran out of my room, ran up and down the hall way found a roll of toilet paper on the floor and threw it against the wall while the four other guys looked at me in pure and utter surprise. :jump:

Good times it tell you good times! :wavetowel

I hate the Cowboys, I hate em, I hate em, I hate em!!!!! :cuss:

My favorite memory is Dexter Manley batting the screen pass up in the air where it neatly fell into the arms of Darryl Grant. I was screaming, yelling and laughing all at the same time as #77 easily shook off Tony Dorsett's feeble attempt at a tackle and lumbered into the endzone. At that moment, I realized I was about to attend my first Super Bowl.

When Darrel Green made the play that broke the Bears Back during the 1986 Playoffs. The Bears were heavily favoured but it was a tight game and then Green made an amazing punt return, leaping tackles and pulling a hangstream, finally limping into the endzone.

Jay Schroeder replaces Joe Theismen after perhaps the most horrific televised sports injury in history. He lights up the invincible NY Giants and Bill Parcells on Monday night at home and the seond era of Joe Gibbs' first regime is born.

Originally posted by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Definitley being in the middle of that seat cushion-tossing fiasco in the (1991?) NFC Championship when we slammed the Falcons. I asked my dad if I could throw my cushion and he told me not to and that I'd thank him later. Thing is still up on the wall in my laundry room.

Freakin' awesome. One of the most influential experiences in my life.

Somebody had a little clip of that as their sig. Anyone know where I can find it? :D

Archived