Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Be Clear

NavyDave

One thing I must say about Islamic Fundamentalist (I'd call them something else) is that unlike liberals they are upfront and not polically correct.

I'll keep it simple with the first thread.

Islamic Terrorists and impressionable poor young educated muslims HATE us.

The us being western society.

They hate Judeo Christian philosophy

They dont want democracy in the islamic world because democracy would butt heads with theocracy (the type that is in Iran)

They hate the nudity on tv, deviant lifestyles, etc.

Their ultimate goal has been and still is to dominate the world surpassing the Ottoman empire era.

CBN will do a 3 day segment featuring interviews with leaders of the European Muslim Schools and Mosques as well as what are called the lily white muslims, those with squeaky clean records and no trail of going to pakistan to train then attack.

They truly believe that they can clean up the world eliminating the sins and perversions of the world as well as the religious problem.

There wouldnt be a religious problem in their world because you be either a follower of Islam or dead.

Originally posted by NavyDave

One thing I must say about Islamic Fundamentalist (I'd call them something else) is that unlike liberals they are upfront and not polically correct.

I'll keep it simple with the first thread.

Islamic Terrorists and impressionable poor young educated muslims HATE us.

The us being western society.

They hate Judeo Christian philosophy

They dont want democracy in the islamic world because democracy would butt heads with theocracy (the type that is in Iran)

They hate the nudity on tv, deviant lifestyles, etc.

Their ultimate goal has been and still is to dominate the world surpassing the Ottoman empire era.

CBN will do a 3 day segment featuring interviews with leaders of the European Muslim Schools and Mosques as well as what are called the lily white muslims, those with squeaky clean records and no trail of going to pakistan to train then attack.

They truly believe that they can clean up the world eliminating the sins and perversions of the world as well as the religious problem.

There wouldnt be a religious problem in their world because you be either a follower of Islam or dead.

I'm having trouble following what you are trying to say here. What's your point?

:doh:

I'm no liberal, but why must you implicitly put them below a group of genocidal maniacs? A statement like this makes you sound like the lowest sort of troll. I have been here long enough to know that's not the case, but I still recoiled when I read that line, and I'm not the type to be offended.

This is a response from bombing thread here and on another site where we are the blame and not the terrorists.

Democrats and liberals are not the same thing.

Liberals undermine our effort and sugar coat what terrorists are doing heck canada's CBC and england BBC doesnt even call them terrorists.

Honestly I can really see it getting to a point over there where it could be a kill em all and the sympathizers to save some euro countries

This is a response from bombing thread here and on another site where we are the blame and not the terrorists.

Democrats and liberals are not the same thing.

Liberals undermine our effort and sugar coat what terrorists are doing heck canada's CBC and england BBC doesnt even call them terrorists.

Honestly I can really see it getting to a point over there where it could be a kill em all and the sympathizers to save some euro countries

Okay....seriously? Sugar coat?

Straightjacket_lighter.JPG

And the main point is I'm not printing a personal opinion on this subject.

Its from their own lips which is why when its aired you can direct your outrage to them.

I challenge you to give me a quote from a liberal that says he/she is trying to sugar coat what the terrorists are doing. In those exact words, mind you. Because if they aren't those exact words, then that is your personal opinion.

Originally posted by jrockster77

I challenge you to give me a quote from a liberal that says he/she is trying to sugar coat what the terrorists are doing. In those exact words, mind you. Because if they aren't those exact words, then that is your personal opinion.

Too easy...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22989-1701556,00.html

Livingstone blames West for stirring terrorism

By Sam Knight, Times Online

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, today blamed Western interference overseas for the growth of Islamic extremism and for creating the conditions to drive terrorists to commit acts such as the London bombings.

Asked about the causes of Islamic fundamentalism and violence, Mr Livingstone said that the meddling of Western governments in the Middle East to protect oil supplies was a contributing factor.

"I think we have just had 80 years of Western intervention in predominantly Arab lands because of the Western need for oil," the Mayor told BBC Radio 4's Today programme this morning.

"We have propped up unsavoury governments, we have overthrown ones that we didn’t consider sympathetic."

Mr Livingstone did not mention the Iraq war as a specific grievance for Islamic militants but pointed to a longer incubation of anger.

His comments prompted a swift rebuttal from Downing Street. Tony Blair's official spokesman said that the Prime Minister "fundamentally" disagreed with the Mayor's analysis of the causes of terrorism.

"The Prime Minister and Ken Livingstone have different views of the world and that remains the case," said the spokesman.

"Equally, however, we recognise that Ken Livingstone has provided, as an elected official in London, a lead to the people of London at this tragic time - at the same time as he expresses views which we fundamentally disagree with."

Mr Livingstone's views on the rise of Islamic extremism have been closely examined since the July 7 attacks because of his perceived sympathy in the past for attacks by Palestinian terrorists in Israel.

Today, the Mayor condemned all suicide bombings but suggested that the "double standards" exhibited in Western foreign policy towards the Middle East had given rise to enormous feelings of antipathy among Islamic extremists.

"I think the particular problem we have at the moment is that in the 1980s the Americans recruited and trained Osama bin Laden, taught him how to kill, to make bombs and sent him off to kill the Russians in Afghanistan and they didn’t give any thought to the fact that once he had done that, he might turn on his creators," he said.

"I have not the slightest doubt that, if at the end of the First World War we had done what we promised the Arabs, which was to let them be free and have their own governments, and kept out of Arab affairs, and just bought their oil, rather than feeling we had to control the flow of oil, I suspect this wouldn’t have arisen.

"I have watched Western governments, so terrified of losing control of their fuel supplies, that all my life there have been interventions in the Middle East by Western governments.

"It is the double standards that flow from that. We initially welcomed Saddam Hussein to power, our intelligence services gave him lists of trade unionists and communists - as did the CIA - that we wanted killed, and he then turned on us.

the topic has been beaten to death here, and that article does not sugar-coat what the terrorists are doing, but rather the author gives his reason for why he believes it is happening. Whether you agree with it or not is a different story.

All I know is, there are extremists and fundamentalists of every relgion. When one group of extremists irritate another group of extremists of a different religion, problems will arise. We cant brand all of Islam based on the extremists, just like we cant brand all Christians/Catholics based on the evangelists.

Originally posted by Mr. S

the topic has been beaten to death here, and that article does not sugar-coat what the terrorists are doing, but rather the author gives his reason for why he believes it is happening. Whether you agree with it or not is a different story.

All I know is, there are extremists and fundamentalists of every relgion. When one group of extremists irritate another group of extremists of a different religion, problems will arise. We cant brand all of Islam based on the extremists, just like we cant brand all Christians/Catholics based on the evangelists.

Livingston is attempting to rationalize the actions of Islamist terrorists by blaming Blair and the West in general.

Let's be clear...bombing an abortion clinic and shooting doctors and judges are terrorists acts too. There has been A LOT more "sugar coating" for those acts by conservatives over the years than liberals for Islamic bombings.

:logo:

Originally posted by MaddogCT

Let's be clear...bombing an abortion clinic and shooting doctors and judges are terrorists acts too. There has been A LOT more "sugar coating" for those acts by conservatives over the years than liberals for Islamic bombings.

Really? Show me one mainstream conservative that has supported such actions? Hyperbole at its finest...

Originally posted by MaddogCT

Please tell me you're not seriously rationalizing Terrorist acts or the sugar coating of them by pointing out how the far less intermittent and common bombings of abortion clinics and shooting abortion doctors get less press, media time, and outrage? Please put down the talking point flashcards.

Since you seemt o think they're a problem of equal stature and status in our lives today, please point me to a news story of the last time an abortion doctor/clinic was bombed/murdered and explain how it was downplayed.

The thread started by equating liberals with "understanding" why the terrorist do what they do. My counter is the conservatives "understood" the bombing of abortion clinics.

(Note, it should be stated I know its not the mainstream conservatives who believe this, but it not the mainstream liberals who condone the terrorest acts either. I'm liberal and I in no way "understand" the bombing of inncent people. But then again, just because I'm liberal, I shouldn't have to say that either. )

Limbaugh said a number of time on the air he understood the "frustration" of the pro-life movement. And that these sort of things are innevitble.

I don't have a link, but then again in 1992 blogs were not yet mainstream.....

For the shooting of Judgess look at the comments of TX Senator

John Cornyn.

"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection, but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. . . . And I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters, on some occasions, where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in, engage in violence. Certainly without any justification, but a concern that I have."

But what he fails to tell you is the people who killed the judges were not doing it because of "political decisions":

In Chicago, a man fatally shot the husband and mother of a federal judge who had ruled against him in a medical malpractice suit.

In Atlanta last month, a man broke away from a deputy and fatally shot four people, including the judge presiding over his rape trial.

So the judges politics came into play in a malprcatice lawsuit or a criminal rape trial?

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

:doh:

I'm no liberal, but why must you implicitly put them below a group of genocidal maniacs? A statement like this makes you sound like the lowest sort of troll. I have been here long enough to know that's not the case, but I still recoiled when I read that line, and I'm not the type to be offended.

Oh! Oh! I'll play!

Let's play "Name this Quote"

The two answers are "Leftist" and "terrorist"

"This (Iraq) is a manufactured conflict for the sake of geopolitical dominance in the area."

“This particular strand of extremism was funded by the West in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden was just another businessman until he was recruited by the CIA.

"Let's get rid of all the economic (expletive) this country represents! Bring it on, I hope the Muslims win!"

“We need to see what caused this particular effect, otherwise we are going to continue in a cycle of blood and I believe another 7/7 is a very real possibility.”

"We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

He said Israel had “done horrendous things which border on crimes against humanity in the way they have indiscriminately slaughtered men, women and children in the West Bank and Gaza for decades.”

"The motivation for war is simple. The U.S. government started the war with Iraq in order to make it easy for U.S. corporations to do business in other countries. They intend to use cheap labor in those countries, which will make Americans rich. The U.S. government claims to bring democracy to Iraq; however, no country in the world takes such an assertion seriously. It is an illusion."

“I think the Israeli hardliners around Likud and Hamas [members] are two sides of the same coin; they need each other to drum up support, they point to the excesses of the other to recruit and I don’t make any distinction because I believe the taking of human life is wrong. In particular, when you think of the illegal invasion of Lebanon, the illegal invasion of Egypt and Jordan in the Six Day War, all these exercises of going into Palestinian refugee camps and indiscriminately destroying homes simply because a bomber came from that area,”

"We have a president for whom English is a second language. He's like 'We have to get rid of dictators,' but he's pretty much one himself."

“These suicide bombers are desperate people,” “They are not getting their rights. They can see that their brothers are not getting their rights, so they take extreme action.”

"When I see an American flag flying, it's a joke."

"I not only think that they (U.S. leaders) are misguided, but I think they know exactly what they are doing and I think that they are men who are possessed of evil."

"The real terrorist threats are George W. Bush and his band of brown-shirted thugs."

...I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler - because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. And secondly George Bush has much more power than Adolf Hitler ever had."

I think the U.S. is terrifying and it saddens me.

Originally posted by Sarge

Oh! Oh! I'll play!

Let's play "Name this Quote"

The two answers are "Leftist" and "terrorist"

"This (Iraq) is a manufactured conflict for the sake of geopolitical dominance in the area."

“This particular strand of extremism was funded by the West in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden was just another businessman until he was recruited by the CIA.

"Let's get rid of all the economic (expletive) this country represents! Bring it on, I hope the Muslims win!"

“We need to see what caused this particular effect, otherwise we are going to continue in a cycle of blood and I believe another 7/7 is a very real possibility.”

"We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

He said Israel had “done horrendous things which border on crimes against humanity in the way they have indiscriminately slaughtered men, women and children in the West Bank and Gaza for decades.”

"The motivation for war is simple. The U.S. government started the war with Iraq in order to make it easy for U.S. corporations to do business in other countries. They intend to use cheap labor in those countries, which will make Americans rich. The U.S. government claims to bring democracy to Iraq; however, no country in the world takes such an assertion seriously. It is an illusion."

“I think the Israeli hardliners around Likud and Hamas [members] are two sides of the same coin; they need each other to drum up support, they point to the excesses of the other to recruit and I don’t make any distinction because I believe the taking of human life is wrong. In particular, when you think of the illegal invasion of Lebanon, the illegal invasion of Egypt and Jordan in the Six Day War, all these exercises of going into Palestinian refugee camps and indiscriminately destroying homes simply because a bomber came from that area,”

"We have a president for whom English is a second language. He's like 'We have to get rid of dictators,' but he's pretty much one himself."

“These suicide bombers are desperate people,” “They are not getting their rights. They can see that their brothers are not getting their rights, so they take extreme action.”

"When I see an American flag flying, it's a joke."

"I not only think that they (U.S. leaders) are misguided, but I think they know exactly what they are doing and I think that they are men who are possessed of evil."

"The real terrorist threats are George W. Bush and his band of brown-shirted thugs."

...I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler - because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. And secondly George Bush has much more power than Adolf Hitler ever had."

I think the U.S. is terrifying and it saddens me.

man Sarge you shouldn't research this kinda stuff; too dangerous. even pisses me off. :)

Navy Dave why are you getting into this again? but I'll bite. Any person who says terrorist attacks are our fault or downplay them are ignorant retards. Same to be said, though, for those of you who think we're at war with the Muslim religion. I realize these terrorists are Muslim but theres well over 1 billion Muslim's in the world including over a million in the United States. Just because someone is Muslim it doesn't mean that :

Their a terrorist

They hate western society

They support Muslim Extremists (terrorists)

They consider these terrorists true Muslims

Now i'm sure you don't actually believe these things but you seem quick to generalize just like i am right here.

Defending these muzzie crimes has become hackneyed. Some knuckleheads haven't quite picked up on that trend.

Like I said before in other threads violence has never solved any problems this way. Look at history for examples. They need to come up with a new approach to deal with all these terrorist muzzie organizations.

... It's too bad that you're walking on egg shells when it comes to impeding on free speech. Something needs to be done to stymie all the brainwashing.

Originally posted by Mr. S

We cant brand all of Islam based on the extremists, just like we cant brand all Christians/Catholics based on the evangelists.

What is it, pray tell, about "the evangelists" that we can't brand all Christians/Catholics? I.e., What the heck are you talking about?

Archived