Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2018 Week 9: Welcomes the restless,drunken , die hard fans!!!

zCommander

As I ponder while eating grilled steaks and drinking some red wine.... There are 3 threads on the fact that Skins can go to the SB this year! If this does actually happen it must be because we all have been transported to a parallel universe where everything is now possible or he all have been abducted by aliens.. lol

For the ones not going to the game tomorrow how you are staying up and with what comfort drink is in your hand?

I am really excited about tomorrows game. I want to see how we hold an offense that throws first and only thinks about running. 

Go Skins!

HTTR. 

Annoyed, antsy and excited. 

Tomorrow will be the first time in a decade that I've missed a SINGLE play of a game live. I'm at a charity event from 11-2pm central time tomorrow. 

So my solution will be to turn my phone off and go completely off the grid about 15 minutes before game time, rush home about 2pm and start the game off the DVR as if I'm watching live.  So in other words, I'll see my ES friends for better or worse about 2 hours after game end, lol. 

Yep, no not making it to the game unfortunately... chillaxin watching the bama lsu game...no drinking for me cuz the skins aren't playing, the wife is at work and I'm watching the kids bounce off the walls from all the Halloween candy hahaha

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Tomorrow will be the first time in a decade that I've missed a SINGLE play of a game live. I'm at a charity event from 11-2pm central time tomorrow. 

So my solution will be to turn my phone off and go completely off the grid about 15 minutes before game time, rush home about 2pm and start the game off the DVR as if I'm watching live.  So in other words, I'll see my ES friends for better or worse about 2 hours after game end, lol. 

There ya go... Don't show your hand and let anybody know your Skins fan so in case they don't say something haha and good luck 

Spending tonight drinking a couple beers and watching the Jay Gruden coaches show, and redskins kickoff. Sucks that we have to deal with getting an extra hour of sleep cause that means 1 extra hour to wait for the game to start (if that makes any sense).

heading to the metro tomorrow at 10 AM :D 

55 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Spending tonight drinking a couple beers and watching the Jay Gruden coaches show, and redskins kickoff. Sucks that we have to deal with getting an extra hour of sleep cause that means 1 extra hour to wait for the game to start (if that makes any sense).

"10 AM?" 

Our tailgate starts at 8:00am and  we start to.break it down a little after 12:00....

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh **** I forgot about day light savings time... that means staying up late and more drinking... wooo hooo!!! :D

Edit: And eat more steaks. :)

Up during the clock change and missed the world spinning under my feet really quick again, every time, man.

I'm glad for the break from the "this is the most important game of the season" talk.  Its a tiebreaker game at home, so ya its important, but for first time in a while it feels like we can just go play football and what happens happens.  I think we'll be fine, but the outcome won't make or break our season.

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Up during the clock change and missed the world spinning under my feet really quick again, every time, man.

I'm glad for the break from the "this is the most important game of the season" talk.  Its a tiebreaker game at home, so ya its important, but for first time in a while it feels like we can just go play football and what happens happens.  I think we'll be fine, but the outcome won't make or break our season.

Yea it is refreshing to not have a do or die game at this point in the season.

Got up at 4 AM, man I hate hour changes forward or backward.  Messing up with our stuff.  Anyway, I might go to the gym today even though its my off day and skip Monday.  After my Nittany Lions got crushed yesterday and my Greek soccer team played their worse game of the year I am hoping the Redskins put a smile on my face come this afternoon.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I hope the team does not look at it that way. The more you win the more inportant the games, not less important. 

They need Ed to be desperate every game. That’s been my one complaint about jay. Seems like they can’t handle prosperity. 

6-2 puts us it excellent position to control the division. 5-3 brings us back to the others, especially philly. 

Also, this game will show if they can defend the pass. Ryan will be passing all day. They have no run game.  

No, they cannot afford to relax at all. Need to play desperate, as if it’s do or die.  

26 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No, they cannot afford to relax at all. Need to play desperate, as if it’s do or die.  

I was thinking more a fan perspective and media pressure thing.  There's a difference between treating every game as important and making every game code red.  You can't make every game code red.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was thinking more a fan perspective and media pressure thing.  There's a difference between treating every game as important and making every game code red.  You can't make every game code red.

First, the whole code ref thing is over blown. in terms of importance, the team fees off our energy. I firmly believe that to certain extent. So I disagree. I am looking at this a critical game. From here on out they are all critical. Wins in the nfl are precious. 

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes..I mean not like whenever we play Dallas but don't let your guards down... Stay in the game leave this place alone until after game time remind all your friends and family to get off their phones or tablets or whatevers and forget fantasy football and get into Redskins football lol..I kid I kid... Have fun and Hail on!!

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

First, the whole code ref thing is over blown. in terms of importance, the team fees off our energy. I firmly believe that to certain extent. So I disagree. I am looking at this a critical game. From here on out they are all critical. Wins in the nfl are precious. 

Ohhhh trust me the falcons will have to go full in code ref to save there assess from the show stopper and the Payne being brotten haha lol

12 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I’m the same, son plays at noon and I’m going full digital darkness and DVR. I hate doing it- but it’s necessary. 

Archived