Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Cell Phone Carrier - Deals, Coverage, Etc.

Dont Taze Me Bro

I currently have Verizon Wireless with an iPhone 7 plus.  I don't like the phone that much at all and Verizon has changed to where they don't offer contracts anymore and the deals aren't as great as they used to be back in the day.  I don't want to get stuck leasing a phone from them another two years as the option to upgrade after half the phone is paid off isn't appealing to me because I don't need new tech right away.  

I'm about to pay my phone off and will be looking to get another Samsung Galaxy phone and perhaps change carriers.  So, who does everyone think is the best carrier overall.  Please take into consideration how good their coverage is, dropping calls, etc., deals, prices on plans, contracts, fee to break a contract, customer service, etc.  

Smart move getting off the iPhone though Google's lack of an iMessage is unacceptable in 2018. That said, paying $1000 for a phone to look on Instagram and Snapchat, and send emails is such an insane waste of money. 90% of people do not need a flagship phone's specs so paying over and over to get 6-month upgrades makes no sense. The iPhone X is a fantastic phone no question (though I think notches are ugly, just slim down the bezels)

You don't need a Snapdragon 845 to use social media smoothly and use video apps, and that's what most people use phones for. Camera quality is probably the biggest thing if that's something you value but still not worth hundreds more. At that point, get a real camera.

Google Fi is a good option. Your best bet is to go on live chat or the phone with any of them and explain how you have options and they need to earn your business.

When it comes to carriers I wholly believe that you pay for what you get.

There is a reason that Verizon costs more. The network is superior (imho).

I always ask myself is it worth saving $10 a month (or whatever) and be pissed off with a lesser network that doesn't have Verizon's data speed and/or coverage. 

In the future, ideally, there will be some kind of universal WIFI in most cities and actual data usage will be reserved for when you get way out into rural areas.

I pay about $150 for 2 phones/lines. Unlimited data with Sprint.  The cell service speed could be better admitting-ly, however between work and my home, I am connected to WIFI about 90% of the time anyway.

Most carriers now you don't even pay for the phone up front.  You just pick your phone and your plan, and the phone is anywhere from $15-20 extra on your bill per month until it is either paid off or you become eligible for an upgrade.  I believe the biggest cost now is the sales tax which usually gets lumped onto the following billing cycle's bill or you have the option to pay it up front.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

In the future, ideally, there will be some kind of universal WIFI in most cities and actual data usage will be reserved for when you get way out into rural areas.

I pay about $150 for 2 phones/lines. Unlimited data with Sprint.  The cell service speed could be better admitting-ly, however between work and my home, I am connected to WIFI about 90% of the time anyway.

That's what XFi from Comcast/Xfinity is trying to do.

I buy my own phones and use prepaid. 50 bucks for unlimited works for me.

2 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Sprints 1 year bring you own device free unlimited plan is the best deal for cheapskates or for kids in my opinion. You only pay $4 in taxes... It expires Jan 2019

I would get on this but my phone doesn't support CDMA.

Man, i just went thru all this **** on saturday.  What a cluster

We needed 3 lines, we settled on at&t.  We got a buy one get one on the iphone x and i think its going to be roughly $180 per month for the 3 lines and total phone expense.  But you get a discount on directv

My frustration with carriers is that there is nobody that incentifies their customers to just pay cash for thei phone.  Its always some sort of discount spread out over 24 months.  

That entire industry is one giant predatory cluster****.

Archived