Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ANNOUNCE MAJOR CHANGES TO FEDEXFIELD GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE FOR 2018 SEASON

TK

For Immediate Release

Sept. 11, 2018

WASHINGTON REDSKINS ANNOUNCE MAJOR CHANGES TO FEDEXFIELD GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE FOR 2018 SEASON

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins announced today significant changes to the gameday experience at FedExField for the 2018 season, including new music, features, graphics and enhanced team intros with smoke and pyrotechnic displays.

Notable advancements at FedExField include changes to the internal aesthetics and customer-facing environments such as the new West Fan End Zone and the complete re-painting of the upper level scrim that surrounds the top of FedExField with notable team brand elements.

“We’ve closely examined FedExField and have only just begun making a number of necessary changes to create a better overall fan experience on gamedays,” said Steve Ziff, Chief Marketing Officer. “We are dedicated to creating a dynamic, family-friendly environment for Redskins fans, and are set on working with our stadium and corporate partners to deliver an incredible and enjoyable atmosphere at Redskins home games.” 

New food and beverage modifications include the addition of Paisano’s Pizza, which will make its pizza fresh-to-fan at multiple stands around the stadium on all event days. Redskins partner Frito-Lay will add new Cheetos® stands featuring items inspired by the popular snack food, as well as new nacho and stir fry stations with signature flavors, and a new craft beer and ****tail stand.

Redskins season ticket members and single-game buyers can access new food and beverage information as well as their tickets by downloading the official Redskins App to their mobile device. The app is available for free on both Apple and Android devices. The Redskins have created a detailed guide to aid customers with their digital ticketing needs, which is available atwww.redskins.com/digitalticketing.

The mobile ticketing platform was designed in conjunction with Ticketmaster and allows all fans the convenience of managing their tickets directly from their personal devices. Ticket members can easily transfer their tickets to friends or family via email or text, and can sell their verified game tickets via the NFL Ticket Exchange program. Redskins season ticket members have access to a host of new benefits this season including preferred concession pricing on all food items around FedExField, playoff ticketing priority, and exclusive events and access to the team on a year-round basis.

“Mobile ticketing offers incredible fan-facing benefits that can simply no longer be ignored,” said Jake Bye, Senior Vice President of Consumer Sales and Marketing. “Offering fans their tickets digitally provides a layer of speed, efficiency and convenience to all components of the customer journey, including the ability to send or sell tickets, which reduces the risk of risk of lost, stolen, counterfeit or forgotten tickets.” 

As part of the league-wide conversion to digital entry, the Redskins are gradually transitioning to full mobile entry. The club also plans to utilize digital ticketing at fan events and team functions in the future. 

43 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I want to know if anyone had ever heard of, much less knew the meaning of, the word "scrim" before reading this release. 

We use the term scrim in the textile industry...just un a different way

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well, FedEx is still a dump, parking still a nightmare, food and beverage prices are still way too high, and Daniel Snyder is still a frothing pile of white dog excrement, but..

...at least we now have Cheetos.

You're always such a breath of fresh air with you positive posting

This line is interesting to me, " As part of the league-wide conversion to digital entry, the Redskins are gradually transitioning to full mobile entry. "

When I went to the Season Ticket Holder Fan Forum at Fedex field earlier this year, the topic of Digital Ticketing came up and almost everyone in the room was against it.  Now it was either Jake Bye or another guy basically said the Redskins had no plans on going fully digital.   So they blatantly lied to us if this is the case and go Digital next year.

53 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

When I went to the Season Ticket Holder Fan Forum at Fedex field earlier this year, the topic of Digital Ticketing came up and almost everyone in the room was against it.  Now it was either Jake Bye or another guy basically said the Redskins had no plans on going fully digital.   So they blatantly lied to us if this is the case and go Digital next year.

digital ticketing is the wave of the future.  This hard ticket nonsense is a joke

29 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

digital ticketing is the wave of the future.  This hard ticket nonsense is a joke

You ever try pulling up tickets on that POS app when there is 60K+ people in the area all using the cell tower?  Its still to unreliable.      Also its only 10 tickets they have print.  Even the Caps who have to print 40+ tickets still give you the option for hard tickets.

Just now, Howie411 said:

You ever try pulling up tickets on that POS app when there is 60K+ people in the area all using the cell tower?  Its still to unreliable.      Also its only 10 tickets they have print.  Even the Caps who have to print 40+ tickets still give you the option for hard tickets.

I'm not sure why they dont use apple wallet or just let people use the pDF file to scan.  I do that all the time at Nats park

Food and beverage "too high" :rofl89:

Do as I do and visit the ES tailgate beforehand. When you're full on good food and beer trust me you wouldn't want to eat anything for 4 hours. Then the game ends and you can go home. 

Don't pay for concessions inside the stadium. 

Anyway most of these improvements are okay but don't really scream out anything drastic. I just want that video game trailer that used to be by the ES Tailgate to come back. 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:50 PM, skinfan2k said:

I'm not sure why they dont use apple wallet or just let people use the pDF file to scan.  I do that all the time at Nats park

Yep, kind of like most airlines do something similar.  You don't have to be connected to the internet.  Download it before you get there and save it locally.

Apparently Bruce predicted a sellout late last week.

Well, if FedEx's capacity is now 57K, I guess it was....because that was the announced attendance today. Give the Skins props for being honest.

I'd say the lower level sidelines were full, but the lower level endzones and corners had a ton of empties.  The club level was probably 50 pct full at most......I was in the club and there were a grand total of 10 people in the five rows directly behind me.  As for the upper level, once you got past the four sections closest to midfield, it was pretty light.

I guess I had heard that the Skins were trying to limit the number of seats sold to ticket brokers, and I was pretty surprised that prices on Stubhub were as high as they were prior to the game, particularly given a relatively low-profile opponent like the Colts.  But if the team was trying to drive up demand.....it didn't seem to work. 

Not much has changed from the in-stadium presentation.  And they seem to be trying to borrow stuff from other team. The team intro was OK, but the smoke and fire isn't anything I haven't seen before. They are sounding a horn/siren on opposing third downs. And they are trying to get the crowd to do the "Its another Redskins......first down!" thing. The first time Kessler called for it, the crowd was of course confused.

At halftime they did have two pee-wee games going on at opposite ends of the field, so that was cool.

Oh......the "WE HAIL" slogan......I'm kinda sick of it already. 

Oh well...…..onto playing Green Bay and their scrub QB Rodgers!

Archived