Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interviewing Captain Kirk (William Shatner) Questions requested

Burgold

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Does he want to take the opportunity to apologize for the Priceline.com commercials?

Do ask him about Priceline.  He had an unusual arrangement with Priceline where he became spokesman for the company return for part ownership or company stock or something.  He made a CRAPLOAD of money off of it, something like $500 MILLION.

9 hours ago, China said:

What's next in his glorious musical career?

He covers Elton John's Rocket Man:

On that episode of Rescue 911 when that lady's gas pedal got stuck and she drove for 50+ miles on the highway until she crashed.....Did Shatner or any of the producers ever ask why she simply didn't put the car in neutral?

1 hour ago, RFK Lives said:

Was Kingdom of the Spiders really a living, crawling hell on earth, or did it just seem that way watching it?

Were you as disappointed by Kirk's last living line, "It was fun...oh my"? 

This movie terrified me as a child.

Ok, this might be a good one (I think).

There's a long history of practical jokes people pulled on each other back when you were filming the original series. Did this carry on behind the scenes when you were doing the movies as well,  and what was your favorite gag?

Also,

What novel have you written that you most want to see make it to the screen?

4 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Are you thinking about having any special intro/outro/bumper music or soundbites? (this is a question for you, not Shatner). 

Also, good luck! 

I have the music for intros, outros, and transitions. I might choose a sound bite or two, but it all depends which direction I want the piece to go. 

Much better chance of adding bites in post. 

Interview went pretty well. We wound up going about 15 minutes. I got some, but not all of your questions. Interestingly, the Amazon citation of a Shatner/Asimov book that I found on Amazon Shatner said never happened.

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

Interview went pretty well. We wound up going about 15 minutes. I got some, but not all of your questions. Interestingly, the Amazon citation of a Shatner/Asimov book that I found on Amazon Shatner said never happened.

link when?

Archived