@SkinsGoldPants

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

Man, I loved the sound of that crack off Severino's bat.

Stevenson has some sneaky good speed. 

Posted (edited)

Think opposing OFs have collided 3 times on balls we've hit, and all 3 have been caught.

Seems like our OFs always drop it even on the most minor of collisions.

Edited by CRobi21

I love Gio, but coming in late, when I knew he was starting... I'm just glad the game isn't already over.  My expectations with him in that regard are "good enough".

Braves lost, so we at least we gained half a game today!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So who pitches when the suspended game resumes?

Please, not Carlos Torres...I'm wondering if they roll Hellickson out. He only threw 57 pitches the other day and I don't think they'll need him within 5 days.

It's situations like this when it would be nice to have Joe Ross healthy. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

So who pitches when the suspended game resumes?

It'll be the weakest of both Bullpens in game 1. I imagine neither team really wants to finish that one.

• Like 1

On May 3rd, Carter Kieboom was hitting .193. After last night, he's slashing .268/.381/.443, 8 Doubles, 6 HRs, 14.8% BB%, 17.6% K%.

Might be Murphy's replacement next year

Very cool interview from back in Spring Training with Max. We are lucky to watch him every 5 days.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Please, not Carlos Torres...I'm wondering if they roll Hellickson out. He only threw 57 pitches the other day and I don't think they'll need him within 5 days.

Hellickson makes a lot of sense.  They were skipping him to get to Scherzer, but I think today would be his 5th day.  Also, he's much better the first and second time through the lineup, which is all he'd get in a resumed game.  Plus, then the Yankees would go from seeing Hellickson's smoke and mirrors for a few innings, directly to Scherz's power stuff coming at them.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Hellickson makes a lot of sense.  They were skipping him to get to Scherzer, but I think today would be his 5th day.  Also, he's much better the first and second time through the lineup, which is all he'd get in a resumed game.  Plus, then the Yankees would go from seeing Hellickson's smoke and mirrors for a few innings, directly to Scherz's power stuff coming at them.  

So what you're saying is...

507105.gif?b64lines=SSBBTSBTTyBTTUFSVCBJ

• Haha 2

So does Anthony Rendon’s homer count now , or does it not go on the books until June?

19 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

No games today. Reschedule for June. 

?  Where are you seeing that?  ESPN is showing last nights game will resume today at 5:05PM and full game that was supposed to be today is rescheduled (but schedule doesn't say when).  There's an open date between our homestand with SF and 1st game in NY, Yankees have that open as well, that's where'd I'd put it.