Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If he can keep Harper here, no doubt in my mind Rizzo eventually gets a ring.  The number of quality young players that can start he brought up from the farm system is just stupid impressive.  I know caps just won a ring, but he's the best gm in DC right now.

I think the nats will get a Caps season where everything clicks in the postseason.  

Just now, skinfan2k said:

I think the nats will get a Caps season where everything clicks in the postseason.  

Can't understate the pressure of being the first to win since 91 off everyone's shoulders.  We should reconvene on that in september, I don't want to jinx them in june, too many people hurt already, need as many hands on deck as we can get

45 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Please tell me Soto is actually 19.

Honestly if he was actually 19 when they signed him at “16,” (meaning he’s 22 now) I wouldn’t give a **** because he’s still a damn good baseball player for a 22 year old. 

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

You can tell Trea Turner has alot to learn to be a leadoff hitter, he isn't even remotely close.  honestly he reminds me a faster version of Ian Desmond right now

It’s like every page in this thread you say something that gets people to put you on ignore, and you’re getting progressively worse until you’ll just be talking to yourself soon.

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

It’s like every page in this thread you say something that gets people to put you on ignore, and you’re getting progressively worse until you’ll just be talking to yourself soon.

seriously. i apologize.  What else made you angry?

42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Bryce has been a mess for 6+ weeks

Are there mixed emotions from the Nats fanbase about this?  On one hand, it sucks to see him struggle if you guys think that this could be the last season in the window.  On other hand, if he has a bad year heading into free agency, might drive the price down.  Certainly makes it harder to justify spending a ton of money on him.  

The OBP is still pretty legit, good separation between that and his batting average.  

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are there mixed emotions from the Nats fanbase about this?  On one hand, it sucks to see him struggle if you guys think that this could be the last season in the window.  On other hand, if he has a bad year heading into free agency, might drive the price down.  Certainly makes it harder to justify spending a ton of money on him.  

The OBP is still pretty legit, good separation between that and his batting average.  

This is my concern, him asking for money on his potential versus his production.  This is not the first time we've seen him have slumps, they aren't unheard of.  With him, and rest of the team, the word "worry" typically doesn't come into my vocabulary until we're talking a month with 'ber in the name, late august at the earliest.  He has a .211 average in the playoffs, I'm sure context is in order, but I don't like it, he needs to come correct this postseason, he needs a 2014 type postseason.

Archived