Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Washington RedskinsVerified account @Redskins
FollowingFollowing @Redskins
More

TRADE: #Redskins acquire quarterback Kevin Hogan and a 2018 sixth-round pick (No. 205 overall) from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a 2018 sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall): https://redsk.in/2qbZ4vD 

Whoooo Hoooo!!!! Our next Tom Brady. :D

HOGAN'S HEROES....CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

43 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Kelley ****in sucks....God willin that bum wont be on our roster come training camp. 

You obviously havent watched Michel play if you think Chubb is remotely close to having Michels speed. That's like sayin Brandon Jacobs was faster than Tiki Barber. Chubb is a beast, but Im tired of having RBs with subpar speed. We need a game changing back with speed. Michel wont make it out of the 2nd round.....

Chubb ran a 4.52 at the combine at 228 lbs.   Michels ran a 4.54 at 10 lbs. less.  Chubb was the star as a freshman and better back and faster before injury not Michels.  

The thing you have to like about Howard is his contract. Two more years on that 5th round deal. And his age, 23. His production has been solid.

The thing is why the hell would they get rid of him? They only have T Cohen who is much too small to be an every down back and Bennie Cunningham back there. Even if they were gonna draft someone why give up on Howard and open a question mark that’s not there? He is young and cheap and has a history. They ain’t trading him for a third or a fourth

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-mailbag-jordan-howard-draft-brad-biggs-20180405-story.html

Never say never but makes no sense to me to get rid of him baring some behind the scenes issues we don’t see and that says it’s just based off his Instagram photos so smells fishy

For the record I wouldn’t trade for him, Demarco is there and only costs money and no comp picks surrendered or I would draft someone. Both makes more sense to me.

6 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Kelley ****in sucks....God willin that bum wont be on our roster come training camp. 

You obviously havent watched Michel play if you think Chubb is remotely close to having Michels speed. That's like sayin Brandon Jacobs was faster than Tiki Barber. Chubb is a beast, but Im tired of having RBs with subpar speed. We need a game changing back with speed. Michel wont make it out of the 2nd round.....

If WE land Sony with that 2nd round pick, the draft value just skyrocketed IMO. 

6 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Chubb ran a 4.52 at the combine at 228 lbs.   Michels ran a 4.54 at 10 lbs. less.  Chubb was the star as a freshman and better back and faster before injury not Michels.  

Michel has game speed, elusive, can catch, more complete back. He's Chris Thompson's replacement if he stays injured. Use Perine or whoever as the Ram. Kill them with versatile speed otherwise. 

2 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

He's definitely got that Mallet delivery doesn't he?

Looks like he has a big arm and he can move around a bit.  Probably tops out as a Matt Schaub type but Jay can work with anyone who is willing to work.

It's definitely a "why not" move.

35 minutes ago, DC9 said:

He's definitely got that Mallet delivery doesn't he?

Looks like he has a big arm and he can move around a bit.  Probably tops out as a Matt Schaub type but Jay can work with anyone who is willing to work.

It's definitely a "why not" move.

Agreed, worth the risk considering swapping pics really. 

18 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You don't watch enough non-Redskins football if you think Perine or Kelley are remotely comparable to Howard. 

my point is I dont believe there is a large gap in talent between the two.. if you want to stick with the same level of subpar running, howard is your guy. There is a reason Bears have been trying to trade him the last few month.

25 minutes ago, oraphus said:

my point is I dont believe there is a large gap in talent between the two.. if you want to stick with the same level of subpar running, howard is your guy. There is a reason Bears have been trying to trade him the last few month.

My point was that you're incorrect in a major way. 

And I don't know that he's even being dangled for trade, this was all some stupid guessing game because he changed his...instagram? And now you're stating like it's accepted fact that the Bears have been trying and failing to deal him for months. What? 

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

My point was that you're incorrect in a major way. 

And I don't know that he's even being dangled for trade, this was all some stupid guessing game because he changed his...instagram? And now you're stating like it's accepted fact that the Bears have been trying and failing to deal him for months. What? 

incorrect how? try to support your blanket statement with something tangible.... good life lesson

I am not referring to the Instagram rumors "genius" .. and i use the term loosely in case that wasn't clear. There have been rumblings about Bears wanting to trade Howard for months... in fact there was talk of trading him for Landry in early march

https://www.upi.com/Report-Dolphins-Bears-talked-of-Landry-Howard-trade/8301520140379/

ESPN New York doesn't expect the Jets to sign free agent DT Johnathan Hankins.

Hankins visited the Jets after leaving Washington and Detroit without a deal. He has ties to New York from his Giants days, but may not be a great fit on a line that has Leonard Williams and Steve McLendon. With Ndamukong Suh signed, Hankins is the top defensive tackle in free agency.
Related: Jets

Source: ESPN New York 
Apr 7 - 3:34 PM

ESPN New York doesn't expect the Jets to sign free agent DT Johnathan Hankins.

Hankins visited the Jets after leaving Washington and Detroit without a deal. He has ties to New York from his Giants days, but may not be a great fit on a line that has Leonard Williams and Steve McLendon. With Ndamukong Suh signed, Hankins is the top defensive tackle in free agency.
Related: Jets

Source: ESPN New York 
Apr 7 - 3:34 PM

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Hankins, Keim reported he knows part of the snag at least with Hankins and the Redskins is the Redskins just want to give Hankins a one year deal and Hankins wants a multi year deal.

Not sure what to make of that. I guess we are no different to the rest of the league in that Hankins remains unsigned as of now. Can only form a proper judgement if and when he signs a deal somewhere.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Hankins, Keim reported he knows part of the snag at least with Hankins and the Redskins is the Redskins just want to give Hankins a one year deal and Hankins wants a multi year deal.

Incredibly idiotic of us if this is the sticking point.  The dude has a proven track record of being a great run defender and an above average pass rusher at his position.  What could possibly be making us so hesitant to give him a LTD after the McClain and McGee contracts we handed out for no good reason last year?  Admit your mistake, get rid of McClain with a post-June 1st designation, and take the cap savings to sign Hankins long-term.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Makes a bit of sense considering we are going to be dishing out big bucks next year for 3 of our own players and planning to draft a DT who's gonna need some development time.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/nfc-east-notes-giants-chubb-vernon-lbs-eagles-jeffery-redskins?fv-home=true&post-id=103090

Had not seen this before, quoting that link it says we are projected to have the 2nd lowest amount of cap space next year in the league. If that’s right clearly it explains why there is only a one year option on the table for Hankins and why this years free agency was slow

Probably the last year that Norman, Colt, Reed play here to name a few

Archived