Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS SIGN LB CHRIS CARTER

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

March 16, 2017

REDSKINS SIGN LB CHRIS CARTER

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent linebacker Chris Carter. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Carter (6-1, 245) is entering his seventh NFL season after originally being selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fifth round (162nd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. Carter is a veteran of 62 career regular season games with four starts.

Carter spent his first three seasons with the Steelers from 2011-13 prior to spending the 2014 season with the Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals. He signed with the Baltimore Ravens in December 2015 before returning to Indianapolis in October 2016. In 2016, he played in 14 games total, appearing in five games with the Ravens and nine with the Colts.

Carter played collegiately at Fresno State, starting 38 of the 49 games in which he appeared for the Bulldogs. He was named Western Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year while earning first-team honors as a senior in 2010.

Carter, 27, attended Kaiser H.S. (Fontana, Calif.), where he earned All-County honors and was named the league's Defensive Most Valuable Player. He was born April 6, 1989.

The only thing i can think of is Manusky must have really liked him the one GAME he played for him in Indy, in which he didn't record a stat.

He's recorded 16 tackles and 10 assists in 5 years.

Seriously, I think i could do that in 5 seasons by simply diving on the ground in random places on the field.

I don't get it. Used to be i'd say "special teams" and be content, but kickoffs are not returned enough to warrant signing meatball coverage guys.

~Bang

11 hours ago, Bang said:

The only thing i can think of is Manusky must have really liked him the one GAME he played for him in Indy, in which he didn't record a stat.

He's recorded 16 tackles and 10 assists in 5 years.

Seriously, I think i could do that in 5 seasons by simply diving on the ground in random places on the field.

I don't get it. Used to be i'd say "special teams" and be content, but kickoffs are not returned enough to warrant signing meatball coverage guys.

~Bang

Agreed. The signing is a head-scratcher. The only thing that I can think of, (and it's a stretch), is maybe Manusky wants to use him to help familiarize the other DB's with his "system"?

10 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Agreed. The signing is a head-scratcher. The only thing that I can think of, (and it's a stretch), is maybe Manusky wants to use him to help familiarize the other DB's with his "system"?

I'd have thought so, except he played exactly one game forf manusky, recorded a zero stat line, and then went to Cincy.

Doesn't make sense to me. The draft is to get low level guys who will do a sprint down to watch a guy down a kickoff.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

I'd have thought so, except he played exactly one game forf manusky, recorded a zero stat line, and then went to Cincy.

Doesn't make sense to me. The draft is to get low level guys who will do a sprint down to watch a guy down a kickoff.

~Bang

Or use UDFA's

I doubt they signed him for very much. I agree with some of the earlier posts -- this sort of talent is probably available in the late rounds of the draft, or from the ranks of those undrafted.  Maybe it's simply an FO attempt to demonstrate to the public, how they're still on top of things.

Archived