Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

To continue with the older thread about Allen "muzzling" Scot here, since A) the last thread was created by an Eagles fan, and 2) the story has spread much much farther than Scot not talking to the media.

Some tweets I on the subject, just to get the ball rolling again:

SmootPoint @srenalds

2 years ago, I was ready for the @Redskins to purge everyone & let Scot McCloughan rebuild from scratch. Today, I feel the same.

FireScotMcCloughan @TheTLaz

Scot McCloughan has a ton of personal issues. Snyder, Allen, Gruden nor Williams have ANYTHING to do with that. But keep deflecting blame

KCM Sports @KCMSports

Rumor: Scot McCloughan, #Redskins ‘headed to a divorce’ after #NFL Draft -

So looks like a few well placed sources have alluded to the drinking

Its really quite sad, a person with this many opportunities continually squandering them because of alcohol.  Hope he can pull it together after this latest episode, if its true of course

Wonder if Bruce will hire another GM?  Lets go thru the Bruce Allen hires:

Mike Shanahan

Jay Gruden

Scott McCloughan

Looks like the organizational accountability is as strong as ever.  Speaking of which, I want Scott Campbells job 

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Looks like the organizational accountability is as strong as ever.  Speaking of which, I want Scott Campbells job 

Yeah, SM not being at the combine is about as loud of a tea leaf as you will find.  The attempts on here to try and normalize that development were pretty feeble in retrospect.

I'm with ya on Campbell.  Dude is the Reed Doughty of the FO.  It does kinda feel like Bruce has more say on stuff than I would like, but none of that is certain.  In fact, none of any of this is certain.  I will prep for my next post where I apologize to SM for being wrong again. :P

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought yesterday everybody was on board with it all being made up and everything returning to normal soon.

Not everyone.  Still too soon though, we are all trying to forget those posts to avoid embarassment among a lot of solid posters and members :P

I love what SM brought to the table and the only way I won't be mad at the organization is if its true he fell off the wagon. I hope that if he is let go that they replace with someone from outside the organization that also has a strong background in scouting. I don't think anyone else in the front office can evaluate players the way SM can and has that BPA approach.

13 minutes ago, zoony said:

Its really quite sad, a person with this many opportunities continyally squandering them because of alcohol.  Hope he can pull it together after this latest episode, if its true of course

Wonder if Bruce will hire another GM?  Lets go thru the Bruce Allen hires:

Mike Shanahan

Jay Gruden

Scott McCloughan

Not arguing wit the overall point but Shanny was thrust upon BA. That was all Dan. Dan hired both at the same time.

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Not everyone.  Still too soon though, we are all trying to forget those posts to avoid embarassment among a lot of solid posters and members

I think most posters like myself were preaching more let's see what the facts are than anything else. And to be fair, there was also a lot of rush to the worst possible outcome off of very little information. Also, much of the problem continues to be not what is reported but how. It seems many in the local media get their kicks out of reporting things in as negative light as possible.

The biggest issue I have with the entire thing is how utterly incompetent the teams PR team is. We went through years of there nothing being sacred to complete silence. Need to find a good balance. Having said that, I can see how the team may have been trying to get through the draft before making any permanent decisions or announcements. Just guessing - hopeful optimism  :-)

My biggest worry right now (besides losing Scot after the draft) is how big of an effect this will have on FAs wanting to come here.  Even if we're doing this to help Scot and there's no dysfunction going on, the perception of dysfunction will hurt us.  And perception is reality.

21 minutes ago, zoony said:

Not everyone.  Still too soon though, we are all trying to forget those posts to avoid embarassment among a lot of solid posters and members :P

I aint afraid of looking stupid (if i am indeed stupid). Id gladly accept my straitjacket and safety helmet

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

My biggest worry right now (besides losing Scot after the draft) is how big of an effect this will have on FAs wanting to come here.  Even if we're doing this to help Scot and there's no dysfunction going on, the perception of dysfunction will hurt us.  And perception is reality.

Best thing this club could do right now like they did with Gruden is announce they have signed KC to a LTD to stay in Washington, like now before free agency starts at 12:01pm, tomorrow,.

Round the Rumor Mill we go.

Media fears stability. Stability is boring and they need to get paid. Thats my belief. I think the Redskins are handling everything like they should. The only people saying they need to stay ahead of the PR issues and make a statement, or they are handling it all wrong.....IS THE MEDIA.

The Redskins have no reason to answer or get ahead of the Media DRAMA that they (media) has created. Just stay silent, deal with football operations that happen in the Organization...IN THE ORGANIZATION. 

Let Mike Jones, who seems to be turning into JReid JR. and the other scrub sites like Rotoworld eat each other alive over all their speculation. 

52 minutes ago, zoony said:

Its really quite sad, a person with this many opportunities continually squandering them because of alcohol.  Hope he can pull it together after this latest episode, if its true of course

Wait, what?...

Are you talking about where Jones (I think) said something like "all he does is watch football, and, unfortunately, drink"? Or is there something else out there?

NFL Coach Fire and Hire Grades

redskinsb_logo.gif Redskins extend HC Jay Gruden: A- Grade
It's about time the Redskins have had some stability. Under Daniel Snyder's watch, the team has gone through countless coaches. Eight, in fact, since 1999. No coach had been with the Redskins for more than four seasons under Snyder, but it appears as though that won't be the case anymore, as Jay Gruden, entering his fourth year in Washington, has been extended though 2020.

Having stability in a franchise is crucial, and the Redskins' inability to do so has been the reason why they haven't had much success with Snyder as the owner. That's why they deserve such a good grade for extending Gruden. Granted, Gruden isn't the best head coach, but he has gone 17-14-1 with the Redskins the past two years. That may not sound great, but Washington had just one winning season prior to Gruden's hiring since 2007.

I'm giving this an A-. There's still a slight chance that Gruden isn't the answer, which is why this isn't a full "A," but letting Gruden go and hiring someone else would just keep the Redskins encircling their coaching loop of ineptitude.

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

2 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I thought Grant won a war while drunk.  Never realized that the NFL was an AA subsidiary

I think it only becomes an issue if the drinking problem affects the family, which then causes mental stress impacting how well he can maintain and perform his daily responsibilities. Tiger was playing fine when he was banging whoever he wanted...until it impacted his family. Pretty bad analogy but hopefully it gets my point across

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's about time the Redskins have had some stability. Under Daniel Snyder's watch, the team has gone through countless coaches. Eight, in fact, since 1999. No coach had been with the Redskins for more than four seasons under Snyder, but it appears as though that won't be the case anymore, as Jay Gruden, entering his fourth year in Washington, has been extended though 2020.

Having stability in a franchise is crucial, and the Redskins' inability to do so has been the reason why they haven't had much success with Snyder as the owner. That's why they deserve such a good grade for extending Gruden. Granted, Gruden isn't the best head coach, but he has gone 17-14-1 with the Redskins the past two years. That may not sound great, but Washington had just one winning season prior to Gruden's hiring since 2007.

I'm giving this an A-. There's still a slight chance that Gruden isn't the answer, which is why this isn't a full "A," but letting Gruden go and hiring someone else would just keep the Redskins encircling their coaching loop of ineptitude.

Amazo.  This site normally chews us up and spits us out when it comes to signings of players, coaches etc.. 

If Keim is reporting it too then it's all but certain that Scot will be gone. Keim has been very fair to this team and the fans. 

This goes beyond football. If the reports about Scot falling off the wagon are true, then he needs help; and for the sake of himself and his family, I hope he gets that help. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Head over to the chatroom for awhile to talk FA. Cali

2 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

If Keim is reporting it too then it's all but certain that Scot will be gone. Keim has been very fair to this team and the fans. 

This is goes beyond football. Scot needs help and for the sake of himself and his family, I hope he gets that help. 

Head over to the chat room and let's discuss this along with FA, BH.

Archived