Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Will Ferrell Performance in a Film?

Ron78

What is your favorite Will Ferral Performance in a Film?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Will Ferral Performance in a Film?

• A Night at the Roxbury
    • Zoolander
    • Old School
    • Elf
    • Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
    • Bewitched
    • Kicking & Screaming
    • Stranger Than Fiction
    • Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
    • Blades of Glory
    • Semi-Pro
    • Step Brothers
    • Land of the Lost
    • The Other Guys
    • Megamind
    • Everything Must Go
    • Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
    • Get Hard
    • Daddy's Home
    • Other

Wait, this was a real question ? Does YouTube count as a film ? 

Overall he sucks. He, as any one of could have...has his funny moments. 

This is like asking what are Mr.T's best acting roles....Did Mr. T. really act ? 

Funniest thing I ever saw that he did was with the child... called the landlady (or something like that). The funny part was the child. 

Even as far as his Elf movie...NOPE, it sucks also. 

Again he has his moments. Any reasonable fan of comedy would rank him far outside of their top 5. This dude is stating within his top 5. 

I'll take Reba over him...that's not even fair...she had her own sitcom. 

I discovered that Ferrel is at his best when he changes his appearance (moustache, hair, etc.)...it apparently allows him to slightly escape from the cookie-cutter, generic bs.

For movies, the only ones I can tolerate are Blades Of Glory and Zoolander. Anchorman and Talledega Nights are watchable because their supporting casts are solid.

IMO, his best roles are non-film - Eastbound & Down and his Jeffrey's skit with Jimmy Fallon on SNL.

48 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

I discovered that Ferrel is at his best when he changes his appearance (moustache, hair, etc.)...it apparently allows him to slightly escape from the cookie-cutter, generic bs.

For movies, the only ones I can tolerate are Blades Of Glory and Zoolander. Anchorman and Talledega Nights are watchable because their supporting casts are solid.

IMO, his best roles are non-film - Eastbound & Down and his Jeffrey's skit with Jimmy Fallon on SNL.

I can feel it in down in my plums!

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Wait, this was a real question ? Does YouTube count as a film ? 

Overall he sucks. He, as any one of could have...has his funny moments. 

This is like asking what are Mr.T's best acting roles....Did Mr. T. really act ? 

Funniest thing I ever saw that he did was with the child... called the landlady (or something like that). The funny part was the child. 

Even as far as his Elf movie...NOPE, it sucks also. 

Again he has his moments. Any reasonable fan of comedy would rank him far outside of their top 5. This dude is stating within his top 5. 

I'll take Reba over him...that's not even fair...she had her own sitcom. 

Will Ferrell was super popular in the late 90's/early 2000's.  I guess it's all relative, but saying Ferrell "sucks" is a pretty strong statement.  Reba?  Ferrell never had a sitcom like Reba because he made plenty of money on his movies.

8 hours ago, balki1867 said:

Why are we even arguing this?

I don't know.  Why are you?

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Most of the movies on that list are garbage

Well, that is pretty much his body of work.

I picked Stranger than Fiction even though i don't think it's my favorite movie he's been in.. it just took me by surprise. It was really well done, and he was really good in it.

Aside from that reasoning, it's Elf all day.

~Bang

I came here to say that although I saw it only once, Stranger Than Fiction I thought was a good and surprising performance. 

Elf is probably his most endearing role due to re-watchability. 

He is no Jim Carrey --- his performan on "Doing Time on Maple Drive" is probably better acting than anything Will Farrell has done.  

It's so funny to see the reactions here.  Ferrell (much like Sandler) were at one time the comedians/actors du jour.  They were the hottest things at the time and now they're just considered garbage by many.  

It's funny how tastes and perceptions change over time.  I think Ferrell has had maybe a bit more staying power than Sandler has but that's not saying much.  These two were at one time both considered "great" by a lot of people.  Not so much anymore.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's so funny to see the reactions here.  Ferrell (much like Sandler) were at one time the comedians/actors du jour.  They were the hottest things at the time and now they're just considered garbage by many.  

It's funny how tastes and perceptions change over time.  I think Ferrell has had maybe a bit more staying power than Sandler has but that's not saying much.  These two were at one time both considered "great" by a lot of people.  Not so much anymore.

Personally, I thought Chris Farley was the funniest member of that SNL era rather than Adam Sandler.  Farley just obviously didn't have the longevity in his movie career.

Archived