Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DNC, its New Chair, and The Road Ahead for the Dems to the 2018 Mid-terms

Jumbo

I think Gavin Newsom would be a great choice but he's running for Governor in California in 2018 so at best he runs in 2020.

He's a sharp guy, I consider him to be a "common sense" moderate meaning he stands for civil rights, gay marriage, equal pay, higher minimum wage, etc but also has some moderate views as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gbear said:

As I read about the Rock running for president, I am left wondering if an American Samoan can legally be president as American Samoans are U.S. Nationals not citizens.

not until the court rules differently or a law is passed

39 minutes ago, gbear said:

As I read about the Rock running for president, I am left wondering if an American Samoan can legally be president as American Samoans are U.S. Nationals not citizens.

If he pays proper respect to Putin on the campaign trail, I think The Kremlin may allow it.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

f5767dfcb0a6176e16f3d1f6ea937404_the-roc

Hey since the country is going full retard with celebrities like Trump, I am down with the rock as president. As long as he surrounds himself with smart people.... I am done fighting the stupidity in this country.....

Here's the thing, the guy could draw a LOT of support from a wide range of demographics that wasn't dependent on politics at all! He could run on a genuinely independent ticket, garner support across party lines and not be beholden to either side. Enough support and he could stare them down politically. I like that thought. He doesn't appear to carry a lot of baggage ego-wise, so I could see him trying at least to get good advice and do something positive.

He seems to come across as a sincerely thoughtful and decent guy, of course he is in the business of pretending to be **** so that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot, but we could do worse. We ARE doing worse, and if politics is just going to be a mass marketing effort, what could you do with an even halfway decent product as opposed to the festering VD chancre that got sold this late time around?

Fun to think about on a rainy Monday..............

5 hours ago, gbear said:

Rock is only half Samoan and was born in California so it's probably not an issue for him. Interesting question though.

At any rate, it's a dumb idea. He can't beat the new up and coming Republican candidate.

blank-paper-cartoon-character-human-arms

Archived