Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

23 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

It is surprising to hear how much teams are loving Mcvay. I was one of the guys that said no way a 30 year old gets a HC gig. I wonder if he has more to do with our offensive success than I thought.

oops. I guess this should have gone in the Mcvay thread. 

10 hours ago, markmills67 said:

If mcvay goes what are the chances of Bill Callahan moving up to OC. 

8 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Steve wilks?

7 hours ago, justice98 said:

I still would be surprised if he gets one.  But that's ageism on my part.  He might be a year or two too early before people are entirely comfortable giving him the keys to the kingdom, in spite of his good interviews.  But we'll see.  

But interesting how both Kyle and McCay are hot candidates at the same time.  Redskins coaching tree making moves.

All of these posts are in violation of the rules here for the twitter thread, fellas. Since it's the first few days and we all need to get accustomed to this, I'm not going to apply the 48 hour posting restriction that will become automatic with posts like these in the future. There are threads for both discussing McVay and discussing defensive coordinators. DO NOT POST IN HERE ABOUT THEM ANYTHING THAT WILL GENERATE DISCUSSION.

Again, from the OP (read this in its entirety, please):

First, let's talk about what this thread is going to be from here on out. Most will recall that the reason we shut down the twitter thread this season was because it became an all-encompassing mega thread that dominated the board and stifled discussion outside of it. 

That is NOT happening, again. How, you might ask? 

Well, we're going to be super strict about discussions on hot topics that either have threads or deserve new ones being discussed here. Really, anything Redskins/Football related that'd normally be discussed within The Stadium will no longer be allowed to be discussed here. 

Any of that will immediately result in a 48 hour posting restriction and further violations will potentially garner worse penalties. There will be no warnings outside of the verbal ones you find within this thread.

Now, this doesn't mean any and all discussion here isn't allowed. Some of the "whatnot" and more minor stuff will inevitably lead to posts here, but we want this thread to be almost exclusively tweets that people can roll through with just a few posts here and there commenting on the minor stuff without a thread. 

So, for example, a tweet mentions the defensive coordinator search and you'd like to comment on it? What do you do? Take it to the numerous threads on the matter, PERIOD. 

How about out a tweet from some random player talking about their offseason vacation in Dubai and you'd like to comment about the time you spent there? Sure, have at it. 

If you have any doubt or are unsure if the topic is being discussed elsewhere, avoid posting. Err on the side of caution, as the Mods will be swift with the penalties here to ensure everyone gets it. It's that simple. DO NOT turn this into a thread where discussions, arguments, or debates are had.

Emmanual Benton Retweeted Joe Person

Interesting note on the apparent hold-up for a Wilks-Redskins interview. McDermott's status could be cause of delay

Emmanual Benton added,

Joe Person @josephperson
As Sean McDermott makes his rounds, Panthers -- and Steve Wilks -- wait to see what's next. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article125700209.html 

• Emmanual Benton Retweeted Pat Fitzgerald

Geesh

Emmanual Benton added,

C12KowSUUAAlbNa.jpg
    Pat Fitzgerald @PatFitzgerald23
    Washington Redskins themed eatery Hail & Hog Grille in Ashburn files for bankruptcy in Virginia @sechaney #HTTRNFL_Season_2016_WAS.png http://www.wsj.com/articles/redskins-themed-restaurant-hail-hog-files-for-chapter-11-1484091453 

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

41 minutes ago, HapHaszard said:
    1. Pat Fitzgerald @PatFitzgerald23
  • Washington Redskins themed eatery Hail & Hog Grille in Ashburn files for bankruptcy in Virginia @sechaney #HTTRNFL_Season_2016_WAS.png http://www.wsj.com/articles/redskins-themed-restaurant-hail-hog-files-for-chapter-11-1484091453 

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Doesnt really surprise me. The place is expensive and the food is average at best. A bad combo for a restaurant for sure. And both times I went there there were maybe 8 people in the entire place.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Doesnt really surprise me. The place is expensive and the food is average at best. A bad combo for a restaurant for sure. And both times I went there there were maybe 8 people in the entire place.

I knew it was a problem when they put it in One Louden. Too damn far away from the majority of the fan base for it to be a bangin spot. Location is everything 

42 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Can I post tweets in the style that Hap and Riggo use from my Phone? Can't find option to post a tweet that looks like a real tweet. 

never tried it with a phone but below the tweet are 3 dots click on them and it will give you the tweet url, cut and paste the url to the thread and it will go out and post the tweet here. 

washingtonpost.com >> Here are seven ways the Redskins-Kirk Cousins contract negotiations could play out read it in BRBN

Archived