Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

28 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Man that is not a DC sports prediction lol. 

87 wins, second place. The odd year injury bug strikes again. Rotation depth is tested and found lacking. We actually put together a decent year offensively but can't string together enough winning weeks/months to really get traction needed to take the division. We make a late push but too little, too late.

We're due and the Caps don't look so hot at the moment.

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Man that is not a DC sports prediction lol. 

87 wins, second place. The odd year injury bug strikes again. Rotation depth is tested and found lacking. We actually put together a decent year offensively but can't string together enough winning weeks/months to really get traction needed to take the division. We make a late push but too little, too late.

There is just something about this team that isn't sitting well...I just can't put my finger on it...

tumblr_mvnf4wni7E1qke34uo3_250.gif

Is Max's finger the beginning?

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Giolito and Lopez both going to the minors. Yeah, we definitely got hosed on that trade. LOL. People really don't know jack.

I don't see how them going to minors now in anyway foreshadows who won that trade

Lopez probably would have been in our pen to start the season, unless they were committed to him as a starter, in which case he would have been in the minors getting work.

1 minute ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Roark about to take the hill in the WBC semi-final game vs Japan!! 

And Murphy continues to sit. 6 ABs in 2 weeks. Inexcuseable.

42 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Giolito is supposed to be MLB ready NOW.  Not in a season or two, now. 

Seeing him sit low-90s has made me not regret trading him at all, right now. He may still figure it out, but it isn't looking good. I still think Lopez is a reliever.

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I don't see how them going to minors now in anyway foreshadows who won that trade

Lopez probably would have been in our pen to start the season, unless they were committed to him as a starter, in which case he would have been in the minors getting work.

My point is people ripped Rizzo and laughed at us because we gave up two supposed mega star P prospects for Eaton. Yet if they're so good, why can't they make the major league roster for a non contending club?

Once again Rizzo pillaged a team. It'll look even better for us in a few months when Eaton is hovering in the .300 mark while Lopez continues to walk 5 guys a game and Lopez struggles to hit 92 on the gun pitching in AA.

Lots of talk about the US going "All-in" for the next WBC. If they had gone all-in this year (hard to predict 4 years from now), I'd imagine it would look like this:

Lineup:

Trout CF

Betts RF

Bryant 3B

Rizzo 1B

Harper LF

Posey/Lucroy C

Seager SS

Murphy 2B (because **** you, Jim Leyland!)

Bench: Stanton, Arenado, Goldschmidt, Crawford, Jones.

Rotation:

Kershaw

Scherzer

Douchebagdegaard

MadBum

Sale

Archived