Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

32 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Per Rotoworld

Free agent DT Johnathan Hankins has been holding firm that he wants a multi-year contract.

Hankins, 25 later this month, has surprisingly drawn zero interest in the 7-10 days free agency has been open. Easily one of the best players left on the market, Hankins wants to be a starter and seeks $8 million-plus per year. According to Dolphins ace beat writer Armando Salguero, Miami checked in on Hankins, but he isn't willing to accept a one-year offer. Hankins went into this reportedly wanting a five-year deal at $45 million or more. That's highly unlikely to happen at this stage of free agency. Whoever eventually lands Hankins could be getting a bargain.

Yup way overpriced himself. No wonder no teams going there. Come down off the cloud and maybe he's worth a look but that's insane money

22 minutes ago, bankonhank said:

What do you mean? I never said above average was bad now. Just that Baker wasn't an all star and apparently does not fit Manusky's scheme.

Saying he was "just" an above average DL made it sound like being an above average DL wasn't good enough to keep around.  We coulda been OK if we had more than one of those.  Having an all-pro is nice, but I dont think it's a necessity.  None of the guys people are chomping at the bit are all-pro, or pro bowl, or whatever accolade people wanna use.

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Hankins is there for the taking right now. We should be in on that.

Absolutely agree.  This is a no-brainer in my mind.  

I can see how this will unfold.  The party line will be that DL is going to be addressed in the draft.  And it will, with a late pick on a JAG.  Just like every other year that the DL is neglected.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Not gonna argue he would upgrade us. I am gonna argue that we should be in on this guy. 0 probowls, 0 all pros, two disappointing seasons the last two most recent seasons, injured and missed half the season in 2015, last year had 3 sacks down from his career high of 7 in 2014, Profootball Focus rated his 2016 season at 47.1 very low.

I get that he improves us and gives us a run stuffing NT we all desire. However 8 million a year? Hell no. If we were gonna spend that much money on that position we should have offered it to Logan, a much better player.

1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

Absolutely agree.  This is a no-brainer in my mind.  

I can see how this will unfold.  The party line will be that DL is going to be addressed in the draft.  And it will, with a late pick on a JAG.  Just like every other year that the DL is neglected.

I really think we're taking McDowell in the first. Haynesworth 2.0 

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Not gonna argue he would upgrade us. I am gonna argue that we should be in on this guy. 0 probowls, 0 all pros, two disappointing seasons the last two most recent seasons, injured and missed half the season in 2015, last year had 3 sacks down from his career high of 7 in 2014, Profootball Focus rated his 2016 season at 47.1 very low.

I get that he improves us and gives us a run stuffing NT we all desire. However 8 million a year? Hell no. If we were gonna spend that much money on that position we should have offered it to Logan, a much better player.

Should have, but we didn't. We need this guy if were planning on stopping the run. His sack numbers mean nothing.

1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

That's the nightmare scenario.  Actually addressing DL in the first and spending it on the wrong guy.

He was great for the titans. 

59 minutes ago, DM72 said:

So Baker congratulates Francois for being released by the Redskins.

Yeah, keep defending this overrated clown.

Yeah, can't imagine why our core guys would be pissed.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Should have, but we didn't. We need this guy if were planning on stopping the run. His sack numbers mean nothing.

Sacks show a comparison of who he was once, and who he is today. Because we let Logan pass by us doesn't mean we should overpay for a guy on the decent the past two years.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sacks show a comparison of who he was once, and who he is today. Because we let Logan pass by us doesn't mean we should overpay for a guy on the decent the past two years.

Just read Breeland's tweets on the twitter thread.  Gets defensive about negative publicity and then praises the fired GM.  Looks like he's going all Costanza trying to get fired from the Yankees.  Maybe he'll tie one of the Super Bowl trophies to his car and drag it around the parking lot at Redskins Park.

7 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Just read Breeland's tweets on the twitter thread.  Gets defensive about negative publicity and then praises the fired GM.  Looks like he's going all Costanza trying to get fired from the Yankees.  Maybe he'll tie one of the Super Bowl trophies to his car and drag it around the parking lot at Redskins Park.

Breeland is clearly a bit fragile.  We need Darrell Green to reach out to him, teach him some life lessons and some better coping mechanisms.

39 minutes ago, nkoucheki said:

Are we looking at bringing in anything at running back? Not Adrian Peterson, I hope, that'd be the most Redskin move we could make. But really, any interest? Or waiting for the draft? 

McShay has us taking FSU RB Cook in the 1st.

I know that there are alot of people that are upset with who we signed so far (more so who we didn't sign), but I would like to know looking at what these players have signed for who would you replace using this years salary cap hit?

We had 34 mil after the Cousins tag

We signed

McGee 3.1Mil

Pryor 6 Mil

VD 3.3 Mil

DJ 3.3 Mil

McClain 3.7 Mil

Looking at what others have signed for

Desean 12.5 mil

Garcon 6.4 mil

Baker 6 mil

Logan 7.9 mil

Campbell 10.5 Mil

Brandon Williams 6 Mil (11Mil 2018)

Hightower 4.5 Mil (9 Mil 2018)

If we signed Logan, DJ, McClain, VD and Pryor that's 24 mil right there,  I would have been happy with that and get the rest in the draft, but we still have a lot of holes to fill with just 14mil available!!!!  We really need to hit this draft out the ballpark!!!!

Breeland was made a target by the acquisition of Norman and wasn't quite ready for that.  Still guys who are not willing to learn don't seek out teachers

5 minutes ago, DM72 said:

McShay has us taking FSU RB Cook in the 1st.

he better be wrong

2 hours ago, bankonhank said:

The two best defensive linemen on the worst defensive line in the league though. Why do people keep forgetting this? If Baker and RJF were actually what some fans seem to think they were our defensive line would not have been a complete joke all season. I really like Baker but the guy was not an all star, just an above average defensive end and RJF is not starting on almost every team in the league and was going to make $4 million.

No one is forgetting this. What you seem to forget is now, we have guys that are WORSE in their place, making MORE money. And you wonder why people have a problem?

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

No one is forgetting this. What you seem to forget is now, we have guys that are WORSE in their place, making MORE money. And you wonder why people have a problem?

Where are they making more money?  Over the cap has both our DL at 3.3 and 3.7 cap hit, while baker and RJF were 6 and 4 mil cap hit

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Manusky just now on radio.  He sees McGee and McClain as the starters at DE neither is slotted for nose.   Suggested they might be done in FA by saying he's satisfied with what they've done in FA and is looking at the draft now.  But he wasn't hardcore on the point so I got some hope that they still might be looking.  For nose they might rely on AJ Francis or Phil Taylor though he admitted he knew very little about Phil Taylor.  He suggested they might address nose in the draft though.  

Seemed to take a small shot at Breeland said he just needs to listen and play, then said it again listen and play.

Then we're screwed, there really isn't a NT in the draft worth anything more than being developmental.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well our best two DL from last year are gone and replaced with budget versions and if it's because they called out an awful coach, that should have been fired before our bye week, that's ****ing ridiculous. 

And people are happy about that. :silly:

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Obviously. But is that going to happen? Doubtful.

Archived