Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD Week 7: Welcomes the restless,drunken , die hard fans!

zCommander

I want to to feel like this after the win against them Lions tomorrow:744:

WE WILL SPEAR THE LIONS! IT IS MEANT TO BE. 

aict_ne000_img0065_772_523_81,41,2832,1919__0_default.jpg

Had a long day at VA Gold Cup today and little beat now as the event was outside

and the cooler weather along with gusty windy got me beat.

Will have couple of rum and coke and then hit the hay. What are you doing tonight?

Drinking 5 in a row! ;):cheers:

Per NFL:

DET.png 26 WAS.png 24

I always feel nervous picking the Lions, but I figure the Redskins' winning streak has to end somewhere, and Detroit has looked better in recent weeks. Both of these clubs beat the Eagleswithin the past two weeks with solid situational defense. Think both Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford will fare well in this game. Did you know that since Week 7 of the 2015 season, Cousins and Stafford are the second- and third-highest-rated passers? Cousins and Stafford! Back to situational defense: This game could be decided by how Washington's unit fares on third down. The Lions are converting 46.5 percent of their third-down attempts, an extremely high number (and third-best in the NFL). #WASvsDET

I

32 minutes ago, Yeen80 said:

Worried about this game for some reason.

Lions running game is a joke...we have to know what to expect from Stafford

My exact thoughts...went through a bottle of Jim Beam devils cut last night had to cover the old ladies shift today now chillaxin watching both Alice in wonderland movies..constantly thinking of the game tommorow..I have a bad feeling but will be behind my skins one hund!!..Go Redskins!!!

If Riddick isn't playing it'll make things a bit easier, but then again with Reed out we're in the same boat ourselves.  Lions D was supposed to be (or so I thought) stout last season, don't know why it's just crumbled.

Stafford throwing to some aging vets in Bolden and Andre Roberts(!).  Then again we have Vernon Davis.  Marvin Jones will cool down off of his hot start, but we should probably also assume that Golden Tate will start rolling soon.

We've gotta put up some points.  16-10 win likely isn't happening this week.

Huge game for the Skins. Not a division game, not a must win but a reality type of situation. What team are we? Is this the Skins team that gains some momentum, then loses to a team they should beat or a team that's gaining steam and ready to destroy inferior completion?

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh boy. Been drinking all night (100 proof captain Morgan). Listening to music and playing madden 17 too so it's been a great evening. Skins gotta win this, especially after Stephen A Smiths comments. We lose, we'll hear ALL WEEK about how right he was, that we're a team full of losers...

dQnlcJK.gif

Ugh, he's so annoying, I hope we win big so don't have to hear his crap.

I got a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof open and doing some graphic work just waiting for the game. At least the Giants are on at 9:30, so if they lose makes the game that much bigger!

11 minutes ago, Murphs56 said:

Huge game for the Skins. Not a division game, not a must win but a reality type of situation. What team are we? Is this the Skins team that gains some momentum, then loses to a team they should beat or a team that's gaining steam and ready to destroy inferior completion?

IIR, the Redskins, last year, won the division by being undefeated against teams that finished .500 or below. And I've got a feeling Detroit is such a team. 

To me, that's one of the things that makes me think we've turned a corner. 

(And it's why I expect a W, today.)

43 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Great opportunity for the fellas to start positioning themselves for a playoff push. Also a great opportunity for them to lay an egg and make everyone forget about all the headway they've made in the last  few weeks.

Gonna need them to kick some ass and keep this train rolling.

Agreed. 5-2 heading to London would be pretty amazing. And nothing i would have expected after starting 0-2.

Glanced at their latest injury report and I'm breathing easier. 

http://www.nfl.com/teams/detroitlions/injuries?team=DET

DeAndre Levy - Out

Haloti Ngata - Out

Eric Ebron - Out

Theo Riddick - Out

Backup RB Dwayne Robinson - Questionable

Ezekial Ansah - Questionable. 

I think we'll put up points. Stopping the lions will be the real task, but being that cornerback is a strong position on our team and I think Breeland 1 game back healthy will be more noticeable this week, I believe we can contain Tate/Boldin/Jones for less than 200 yards between them and maybe 1 td. We face another rookie Tackle (albeit a first rounder) as well. 

Was watching Cozi TV last night as they had Quantum Leap on and fell asleep. Woke up just now and grabbed my bowl of cereal and Turned on the TV and Redskins Chronicles is on Cozi TV saw Ark Monk catching a pass in the end zone for a TD. Chills! 

We will win this game on the ground. We will pound these Lions into submission. :)

Archived