Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Is The Best Player In The NFC East Right Now?

Diehard Otis

This got me thinkin' because five to seven years ago, I felt it was Demarcus Ware.  Three years ago I thought it was Shady McCoy (I never liked him, but there was no denying his talent), whatever year it was that he Won the MVP.  Now?  In my opinion, it's Trent Williams.  

Who's yours?  

Any player, any team, any postition - who's the best football player?

Josh Norman has played only three preseason games so far. That's not MVP material.

My four-way race is Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham, Trent Williams, and Jordan Reed. Reed needs to stay healthy again this season for me to be ready to crown him, so I'd lean towards Odell.

5 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Can't wait for him and Norman to match up 2x this season. 

Will be fun for sure. I doubt he wants to pick a fight this year. Carolinas D was legit, but that secondary didnt impress me a whole lot. Whether they play bad or not, one thing is for sure... They (Skins DB's) are some seriously big and mean dudes, and I dont think they will hesitate for one millisecond to lay him out.

Probably what Norman meant by basically saying godspeed for 2016 in reference to him. Thi gs have a way of coming back around when you like to style on dudes.... Like Desean getting KO'd in that game against the Falcons years ago. I think the dude that hit em also knocked himself out it was so bad 

5 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

I wonder who eagles and giants fans consider the better tackle and who they'd prefer on their team.

Eagles have Jason Peters who is a great left tackle as well but getting older.

I think Tyron is a better pass blocker than Trent but Trent is a better run blocker and still very good pass blocker in his own right.  I'll take the all around great tackle Trent Williams.

7 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Eagles have Jason Peters who is a great left tackle as well but getting older.

I think Tyron is a better pass blocker than Trent but Trent is a better run blocker and still very good pass blocker in his own right.  I'll take the all around great tackle Trent Williams.

Yeah, a couple'a seasons ago one could've made a case for Peters.  Now the sun is setting on him, but I'm glad to see someone else appreciates high quality Tackle play.  It ain't sexy (and very difficult to measure) but a cornerstone guy is worth his weight in gold.  

How is Smith a lot better than Williams? Williams is more of a mauler and better against the run as well as being close in pass protection.

Beckam is good but a little overrated in here. Let's see him break 1500 yards before being anointed Mr. NFC East. Quite a few wide receivers better in the NFL at the moment than OBJ. Dez Bryant is highly over rated as well.

Give me Josh Doctson over both. ;)

3 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Beckam is good but a little overrated in here. Let's see him break 1500 yards before being anointed Mr. NFC East. Quite a few wide receivers better in the NFL at the moment than OBJ. Dez Bryant is highly over rated as well.

So, your point is that Beckham doesn't belong in this discussion, because he hasn't produced stellar numbers for an entire season yet. But you can pronounce Doctson as being better?  

:)

(Spoken as someone who also has really high hopes for the kid). 

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, your point is that Beckham doesn't belong in this discussion, because he hasn't produced stellar numbers for an entire season yet. But you can pronounce Doctson as being better?  

:)

(Spoken as someone who also has really high hopes for the kid). 

He's in the discussion for sure, just not definitely sure fire the single greatest thing since sliced bread, head and shoulders, not even close goat that some think. Imo, which isn't worth a hill of beans or a fart in the wind. :)

14 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

How is Smith a lot better than Williams? Williams is more of a mauler and better against the run as well as being close in pass protection.

He just is. He's not the freak athlete Trent is but I'd take him over Trent overall. he also doesn't get banged up all the time like Trent does. 

Beckham is better than good. We'd be happy if Doctson ends up being half of Beckham or even Dez are. You brought up yardage, Beckham broke Randy Moss' NFL record of most receiving yards in first two seasons and he did it in 4 less games. 

Archived