Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you believe on the Redskins roster could be a future Hall of Famer?

98ORAKPO98

Brandon Scherff.

It is hard enough for an outside Olineman to make the Hall, it is even harder for an inside Olineman to make it.  I know of no Redskin to have done so other than Russ Grimm, and the SBs really helped to get him there.  So, if Scherff makes the Hall, that likely means the Skins will win at least a couple of SBs during his career here.  I will drink to that!

Trent.

I don't think DeSean can be like a Steve Smith type.  Smith is way tougher than DeSean.  Overall better receiver.  Not a knock on DeSean, I love him and what he brings but he doesn't have high enough catch totals to warrant it.  

If D-Hall gets in, it's not first ballot.

Hoping it's some of the guys who are in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd years.  If that's the case, we're in for some great seasons ahead.

Trent is the only player who deserves HOF, and I'd guess that his chances are no better than 5%.  As others have noted, maybe if there are a couple of Super Bowl trophies along the way.  Of his contemporaries, Joe Thomas is probably a sure thing, and there are two other OTs in the division with more AP All Pro creds.  

Also I would had two names if things go well for us:

- Scott McCloughan. You don't build 3 SB teams and perennial contenders without being worthy of HoF consideration.

- Jay Gruden. If he gets us back to the promised land with a SB or two, he'll be amongst the like of Joe Gibbs. Guy already have a great pedigree in the Arena Football, and made some huge work with Andy Dalton. If he gets a SB Trophy with us, he'll be worthy of HoF.

Hard to visualize Jay Gruden as a HOF at this point, unless the Skins become a dynasty under him.  But, you are absolutely right that McCloughan is a legitimate candidate.

While I haven't agreed with his every move and every draft pick in Washington, no one can argue that overall he has done a terrific job of turning a laughingstock franchise into a budding serious contender in the limited time he has been here.  And, all indications are the Redskins will in short order be a respected team again--if not already.  When one adds on what he has achieved with other franchises to his resume, he should be a worthy candidate one day.  To tell you the truth, I am still pinching myself that a GM as capable as he would even consider working for an owner like Dan Snyder.

Trent, DJax, and Hall have a chance, but they are really fringe without a ring.  There's a couple players on this team with a lot of potential, but HOF is a big deal, and potential doesn't equal production.  Production equals production.

Sorry, there is zero chance of DJax and Hall getting voted into the HOF.  Both would have to elevated their games and then be at the elevated level for 8-10 years more to even be considered.  How can that happen at their ages?

Sorry, there is zero chance of DJax and Hall getting voted into the HOF.  Both would have to elevated their games and then be at the elevated level for 8-10 years more to even be considered.  How can that happen at their ages?

Production and rings, bro.  Someone mentioned Halls record concerning returns for TDs, and DJax has been far more 50+ yard TDs then any active player in the NFL right now (has been doing that for a while).  I agree, its not likely, but padding those numbers and some rings, I can at least see the argument.

The vast majority of these players would be on the fringe of the conversation even WITH a ring. Lots of delusional people in this thread.

It is not delusional, it is a off-season conversation about who could be HoF great if all things went perfectly for them.  Odds are that there is at least 1 person on our team now that will be in the running for a HoF ballot.  It is all good fun until the end of next week when training camp finally begins.  At that point it will be obvious to all that Kirk is a future HoFer. 

It is not delusional, it is a off-season conversation about who could be HoF great if all things went perfectly for them. Odds are that there is at least 1 person on our team now that will be in the running for a HoF ballot. It is all good fun until the end of next week when training camp finally begins. At that point it will be obvious to all that Kirk is a future HoFer.

Actually, odds are much higher that there's not a single player on our roster who will be in the running for a HOF spot.

And looking beyond the sheer odds, at the actual careers of the most talented players on the roster right now, I think it makes it even less likely, other than dreaming up entire hypothetical careers for young guys like Smith or Cravens who have barely any experience or none at all.

I usually stay out of threads like this but I'm curious what makes you pick him?  He was good last year but we haven't seen anything yet to put him on that level.  Granted its a small sample size but that argument cuts both ways.

He has everything needed to prosper in the NFL. Technique, strength, and durability. Add a little mean streak to that and the sky's the limit. Of course, being surrounded by talent on both sides of the ball will help my thought along, and I expect our front office is gonna make that happen with regularity. I see some great teams and some Super Bowls in our future. Brandon will be an important part of it.

I could see Hall get in if he wins a ring and plays well at FS for a few more years, makes a couple more pro bowls and gets to 60 interceptions. He's at 43 now I believe.

Hall is a great football player. Injuries have held him back, but we've been at our best when he is on patrol. If he can stay healthy, he'll be as important as any player on our roster. If he can string together several seasons without injury? He may get a ring.

I could see Hall get in if he wins a ring and plays well at FS for a few more years, makes a couple more pro bowls and gets to 60 interceptions. He's at 43 now I believe.

When was the last time he made a probowl? Like it or not he's seen as a gambler who gets burned in coverage, his INT number will be impressive but he's not getting into the HOF with that (at least partially deserved) rep. But media members vote guys into the HOF and Hall is not viewed as elite regardless of his INT number.

When was the last time he made a probowl? Like it or not he's seen as a gambler who gets burned in coverage, his INT number will be impressive but he's not getting into the HOF with that (at least partially deserved) rep. But media members vote guys into the HOF and Hall is not viewed as elite regardless of his INT number.

You might be right. But I think if Hall beasts as a FS and racks up a few more stats, accolades, and maybe a ring he could get in on like the 5th ballot. Maybe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000674902/article/deangelo-hall-i-put-a-little-fear-in-qbs-when-at-safety

I think them seeing me back there is going to put a little fear in their hearts, as well," Hall said. "I've always been a guy, even at the corner position, who is known to get the ball, create takeaways, big plays, big play guy. So to have me out there at free safety doing the same thing ... it's more intimidating at free safety to have a guy who can do those things. That's where your Ed Reeds, your Sean Taylors, Charles Woodson, late in his career, that is where they made the bulk of their plays is back there in the middle of the field."

The never bashful Hall is lumping himself in with some all-time company. His point, however, is solid. Hall owns the ball skills to make game-changing plays from the free safety spot -- so long as he takes to the position flawlessly and doesn't get caught cheating the wrong way regularly. With Norman and Breeland on the outside, Hall should have freedom to jump lanes and make plays.

Hall believes adding more picks could one day get him into the Hall of Fame.

"I got the numbers to make a case that I should have a gold jacket, at the end of the day, so I'm just trying to keep building on it, keep building on my legacy," he said. "Like I said, it's about trying to win some championships at this point."

Of everyone on the roster though I think Preston Smith is going to be an all time great and will explode this season with huge numbers. He can line up anywhere on the d line or as a stand up rusher showing his versatility. He can rush the passer, stop the run, and drop into coverage. He has great hands and can catch like a wr. Has a great first step and times the snap better than most pass rushers in the league. Has a great bull rush and uses his length very well to keep blockers off of him. Uses his hands very well in his rushes and has a nasty swim move a la J.J. Watt.

We have several young studs though that could make a name for themselves in the coming years for the Skins. Our future is bright.

he's the kind of guy who might get the recognition, 25 years after he retires or just gets named a bit and snubbed.

Second fastest to 40 picks.

He's already in the record books as the only guy with 4/4 TDs. Better than Barber, who I think was close.

If he can put together 3/4 impressive years at FS, he might have an outside chance.

Other than that, if Smith's last 5 games become a norm, he should be considered.

If assessing honestly, no one on roster is close to HOF right now. Trent Williams has highest potential and he could have a shot if he makes the Pro Bowl for the next 5-6 years or so and gets selected as an All-Pro 2-3 times (which is entirely possible). For everyone else, let's see what they do over the next few years and then re-ask this question.

Archived